Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GY5n5bSH9iA
youtube.com/watch?v=wq-S8CIU7VA
youtube.com/watch?v=lHsot4B527Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All rhcp songs sound the same to me. Literal buttrock

this
same with ac/dc

not the biggest RHCP fan these days but zephyr song sounds nothing like give it away

FLY AWAY ON MY ZEPHYR I FEEEL IT MOOOOREEE THAN EVERRRRRR

System of a Down is 14-year-old-core

AND IN THIS PERFECT WEATHER, WE'LL FIND A PLAAACE TOOGETTHERR

1: RHCP is not pop rock, you retarded mongoloid faggot.
2: Californication was a revitalizing breath of fresh air after the cynical atmosphere of One Hot Minute. Taking place soon after Anthony's success with sobriety, he pursues an idyllic character with Californication, as he records his travels and voyages of the world. Each track feels as if he's discovered a new place, with his emotions laid bare on those places, such as the clandestine cynicism in "Californication", to even a new state of tranquility in "Scar Tissue", "Porcelain" and "Road Trippin.'" Some of the somberly tracks like Otherside, Emit Remmus and Scar Tissue were mature reflections on the past, while hits like the titular Californication exposed the ironic poignancy of fame as a mere charade of tragedy and disappointment. Along with epics like Parallel Universe, Around the World and This Velvet Glove, Californication not only brought RHCP back into the limelight, but also produced a plethora of the greatest songs of the 90s.

autismanon has blessed this thread with his presence

Who the hell is that?

IT'S YOU, YOU BUM

oh so you’re just a regular autist then

nevermind fag

>HURR DURR LET ME MAKE FUN OF SOMEONE'S HEROIN ADDICTION ON STAGE
>WHAT THE FUCK CALM DOWN DUDE LOL ITS JUST JOKE LMAO

Space may be the final frontier
But it's made in a Hollywood basement
Cobain can you hear the spheres
Singing songs off station to station
And Alderaan's not far away
It's Californication

damn...really made me think..

Mike patton's such a fag

Have you even listened to Blood Sugar Sex Magik, One Hot Minute, or By The Way or Californication in depth? Blood Sugar Sex Magik alone ranks among the best Alt. Rock/Funk records of all time, and usually is held in high regards as one of the best albums of both the 90s and all time. That album marked a pivotal point in their direction, as they divulged in deeper lyricism with poetic and melancholic, yet hedonistic songwriting. Frusciante catapulted their songs with original guitar structure/composition, combining funk and psychedelic with indie rock-esque melodic sensibilities, and with Flea, formed a beautiful synergy that laid the groundwork for their subsequent albums, along with influencing funk metal/alt. metal, rap rock and alt. rock for years to come. Soon after, hell envelops the RHCP to a fragile stare of melancholy. OHM deals with the inner turmoil and nihilism that comes with a severe addiction to drugs. Anthony struggles with his isolation from his own mind, as he desperately hopes to find that trapdoor to escape his asylum. The psychedelic atmosphere mixed with heavier undertones convey his hopeless state of meaninglessness; his fragile heart shatters and screams to his demons, wishing he could vanquish them. After Anthony's success with sobriety, he pursues an idyllic character with Californication, as he records his travels and voyages of the world. Each track feels as if he's discovered a new place, with his emotions laid bare on those places (such as the clandestine cynicism in "Californication", to even a new state of tranquility in "Scar Tissue", "Porcelain" and "Road Tripping"). By The Way more or less expands on these ideas in a more personal, individual manner. Anthony contemplates his relationships with people as he tries to discover who he is and his own contribution to the world. BTW is their most humanistic album yet.

holy fucking shit dude

Are you kidding me? You just couldn't leave this thread alone in 2018, could you?

Both shit

well you wouldn’t have posted this if you didn’t want the attention autismanon

Touche, but I thought we were done with this. Hopefully you'll forget it by the end of this year.

can someone give me the tl;dr version?

I will never forget

RHCP
>Has at least 2 9/10 albums (BSSM and Freaky Styley)
>was incredibly original with a strong signature sound at their time
>never tried to be any weirder than they naturally were
>became a massive success after pumping out songs for a decade, maintained their status to this very day, still popular with a younger audience
>released great albums spanning 3 decades, even if they were never as good as their older works
>never released an album worse than 5/10
>Made danceable jams
>Chad loves them
Mr Bungle/Faith No More
>Has only one 9/10
>literally stole RHCP's style no matter how much Pattonfags try to deny it
>Tried wayyyy too hard to be weird with Mr Bungle S/T, resulting in a cringey juvenile mess
>Never reached mainstream success, their entire audience is loser/outsiders/weirdos/nerds
>didn't make it out of the 90's
>released some truly terrible albums
>Chad has never heard of them
And I say all this has a big fan of Patton

>Never reached mainstream success, their entire audience is loser/outsiders/weirdos/nerds
Maybe in America, but in Europe or Australia Faith No More/Anything with Patton is about as mainstream a band as you can get

>>Has at least 2 9/10 albums (BSSM and Freaky Styley)
I wouldn't call Freaky Styley a 9/10, but OHM, BTW and CA are 9.5s in my book. The rest I agree with.

Mr. Bungle are the ultimate pleb filter

Californication is nowhere near their best. The earlier stuff is better.

This is pretty accurate.

OP is a faggot.

I'm sold

Zephyr Song is literally some amalgamation of otherside and scar tissue.

How do I into Freaky Styley?

No, Otherside is more surreal and dreamlike in its composition, and Scar Tissue is more mellow, after a terrible day of heartbreak, stupidity and meaningless work. The Zephyr Song is psychedelic and ethereal, even more so than Otherside.

ph3w, wh3r3, did you g3t this copypasta my fri3nd?

Where? I wrote this as a collection of thoughts about RHCP, along with other posts I made, too.

Good thread, bumping up for more to see

>doesn't try to make sense, strings words together, makes bitches panties drop
You do realize that Anthony actually went to UCLA as a writing major, right? He dropped out to pursue RHCP instead.

Hey how come this sounds so familiar?

youtube.com/watch?v=GY5n5bSH9iA

>The Slayer Incubus

hell, their latest album, The Getaway, sounds almost nothing like the resat of their music IMO. To me, it sounds much more intimate than anything they've done and I really like that.

Thought this thread was about this
youtube.com/watch?v=wq-S8CIU7VA
Both still stand as better than Californication.

Not really.

>hack guitarist
>reusing the exact same song structure and licks from previous hits (dark necessities is the same song as can't stop)
>lost the only talented member of their band
It's trash and so are you for liking it

And Michael Starr from steel panther has a PhD in English.

>youtube.com/watch?v=lHsot4B527Y

What's it called when you steal a song from another band?

What is this turkroach garbage

i hear that song and immediately think of
“hmm whatcha sayyyyy”

because 3 doors down stole it for kryptonite

nice, but if i could offer some critiques:
1) be more mad
2) be less online

>2) be less online
What do you mean?

How does that effect what I wrote?

you, sir, are getting mad online. you need to get
1) more mad
2) less online

patton is a texbook untalented leech

faith no more's entire discography can immediately be dismissed.

mr bungle has no passion with standard writing + silly noises thrown in a failed attempt to make it sound unique

fantomas/tomahawk are just patton desperately trying to claw his way back to relevance by attaching his name to other almost successful artists

similarly he tries to collaborate with as many legitimate artists as possible only to release drivel with them, the few times they respond to his pleas

he talks about his "60s tribute project" and then immediately complains and rants about the band playing behind him for "being stuck in the past"

his songwriting contribution is limited to basic chord structure and lyrics, taking writing credit far beyond what he contributes. furthermore, his "multi instrumentalist" status is just because he can't be bothered to learn how to play an instrument proficiently and tries to cover up his imprecise pitch and rhythm. "if i just play the melody or simple chords on different easily translatable instruments it will make me appear educated"

If i could choose two people to wipe from history, they would be mike patton and you.

one of the worst pictures i have ever seen on this website

Go to bed anthony

Anthony's lyricism is much deeper if you get past RHCP's more commercial works. Hard to Concentrate, Throw Away Your Television, Emit Remmus and Wet Same are some of Anthony's better lyrics.

SIR PSYCHO SEXY THAT IS ME
SOMETIMES I FEEL I NEED TO SCREAM
BAHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh

You don't understand. The image never implies that he doesn't have meaningful lyrics. Just that he is able to make panties drop by writing nonsense.

Throw away your television
Take the noose off your ambition
Reinvent your intuition now
It's a repeat of a story told
It's a repeat and it's getting old

>listening to RHCP
>listening to Patton projects
are there faster ways to find tasteless teenagers?

BOB MARLEY A POET AND A PROPHET
BOB MARLEY TAUGHT ME HOW TO OFFIT

This is some advanced level shitposting right here.

Listen man, I like rhcp but trying to use this as an example of good lyrics just isn't working

they sounded different with hillel slovak, a lot more fun

This. Mothers milk is great too tho.

Okay, I've seen some fanboyism, but no RHCP fan as retarded as actually trying to defend their socially "woke" lyrics which make Immortal Technique seem decent by comparison. Then again I recall this retard admitting he puts on ruse in a thread some time ago.

*Sand

I'm not a retard. Take that back.