youtube.com/watch?v=t7EEcG0JW4U
youtube.com/watch?v=20dgGO7kzXM
jpop80ss.blogspot.com/
youtu.be/MpGExFCoig4
youtu.be/4YC3dfsNX1E
youtu.be/QicgfPt_k6M
youtu.be/B3wxkDMwZDI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is secretly a thread of me trying to build my collection so please help a bro out

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bwR4sMi9txA

Best anime soundtrack?

>strongly american setting

>uses uniquely Japanese pop as ost

>I really want to listen to vaporwave but I hate the type of people who listen to it
>I got you senpai

90s jpop is my fave but 80s is great too!
youtube.com/watch?v=BWeMDmKq0fk

youtube.com/watch?v=hGcn6oGMFug

Pls go, breh. This is good stuff. Sure most of us got here through vaporwave or whatever but that doesn't matter. We're here to appreciate the original music. Vaporwave got boring real quick, whereas this music is timeless.

Love this shit. I'm a pleb who only found this genre this less than a year ago by looking up samples of remixes (I imagine most landed here this way). Been listening to Motown and old school tracks throughout my entire childhood and now my adulthood.

mega.nz/#F!YcsDzQBJ!18afElHUyx7VMt3i7sSu-w

>Been listening to Motown and old school tracks throughout my entire childhood and now my adulthood.

r u me?

Add smooth jazz (hate this genre now for the most part), bebop, and jazz fusion

oh shiiiit

>tfw no club to groove to this music in my hipster city

Remaining hopeful

>tatsuro yamashita (9 albums)

Thank you man, this is cool. Are these your own rips? Grabbing the Moonriders.

Seems similar
youtu.be/o8ybaab-QhI

Complete this sentence.
>If you're new to the genre and any Japanese music at all, the 3 albums - all by different artists - you should check out are:

Thanks!

Taeko Ohnuki - Sunshower
Tatsuro Yamashita - Ride on Time
Toshiki Kadomatsu - On the City Shore

Thank you.

I would also recommend the album Timely by Anri and the artists Akina Nakamori, Mariya Takeuchi, Masayoshi Takanaka, Okada Yukiko, Matsuda Seiko, and Momoe Yamaguchi. If you like the albums recommended, that is.

YMO - Solid State Survivor
Moonriders - Istanbul Mambo
Jun Togawa - Tamahime Sama

Thanks for these. I really do appreciate it.

Damn, I need to check out that Urban Dance album. Thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZqIDkG2hcj4

best city pop album of all time?

no this is

Here's a bump, love

youtube.com/watch?v=ouyw8yWMB1Y
This song form the same album is amazing. That bass is absolutely god-tier.

very floofy hair

will apply headpattenings

pof pof

This whole album is amazing, especially the song at the 9 min mark for me.
youtube.com/watch?v=2h-g2aC6JPk

youtube.com/watch?v=abJCI5gS9xU

>making a fucking general
stop this shit
love all those genres but the fan bases who make these not stop generals are cancerous

Nothing particularly cancerous in this thread (yet). Why are you so easily triggered, snowflake?

>snowflake
you must be the triggered one to call me that
these threads always turn out the same, especially over the past few months with the youtube algorithms
threads like these and their content are ALWAYS better when you don't put "general" in the title and space them out

I posted and Both have less than 1000 views and not part of this Youtube algorithm change. But I get what you're saying.

>mega.nz/#F!YcsDzQBJ!18afElHUyx7VMt3i7sSu-w
Since I'm totally unfamiliar with this genre, what's the best album(s) I can pick up from out of here?

where are the floofy ukyos

Top-tier

hence why OP put
>Normal mode: Gold that doesn't show up in YouTube recommendations

Quit being a faggot, discuss music.

>timeless
Yeah sure thing kid. Let me know when you bandwagon the next type of music you get spoonfed. Stop overrating this shit

M8 I grew up listening to shit like Ohio Players, Friends of Distinction, Rick James, The Peddlers, Wham, etc etc etc. This music isn't going anywhere and I'll be listening to it for a long time. Sorry that seems to be bothering you. But do me a solid and fuck off to another thread where contrarians are welcome.

I swear, I only post on Sup Forums about 7 or 8 (first time making thread for this genre) times a year, and it's always some faggot(s) like you coming to shit up the thread.

MY NIGGA

Because this doesn't deserve a general at all and I never said the music was going anywhere, all I'm saying is you're a fucking pleb who buys into pop music that everyone under 40 in Japan would agree is lame as fuck for good reason. Every band you listened is complete trash especially Wham and I can't believe you'd even cite that to prove your point. You'll be listening to it while people with taste explore different genres and expand their taste while you stay a mouthbreathing pleb until you die. Your choice I guess

All boards are now like this. I think it's the influx of Reddit kids who learned of this site with Trump's election. They're not used to having no upvotes/downvotes or mods who create safespaces for them, so they lash out emotionally because they're not used to controlling themselves.

Been here since 2008 faggot, Sup Forums is a terrible fucking board now and the one that has done down in quality the most of all boards I browse over the past 5 years. Hardly worth coming here since 2012. City pop is probably the most Reddit genre around at the moment by the way, just read the fucking comments on the youtube vids

that's fucking wrong
around 2012 it was an indeh pap circlejerk

Focus on your own life and taste, fucking loser. Just cause you lost the ability to enjoy anything doesn't mean others need to be dragged down.

Sup Forums was always shit though. You complain about the Jpop threads, but I'm not seeing you in the constant Kpop threads.
At least this threads have people actually recommending and posting music.
And even if most of them will forget about this in a few months, maybe a few will actually get into japanese music and explore more outside of city pop.

>Every band you listed is complete trash

loving every laugh. Thanks for proving my point faggot.

This

Someone's cashing in on the youtube rec's

>You'll be listening to it while people with taste explore different genres and expand their taste while you stay a mouthbreathing pleb until you die.

Until YouTube algorithms its way to your favorite """music""" and you start hating it like the hipster faggot you are. Just stop posting, my man. You're embarrassing yourself.

>Been here since 08

Yikes. I hope I'm not posting here when I'm in my late 20s early 30s like you.

>Yikes. I hope I'm not posting here when I'm in my late 20s early 30s like you.
I'm 30 and I still post here. Where is this magical mature site you'll be posting in later in your life? Facebook? Options are limited for places with varied, uncensored conversations anonymously. I guarantee you'll still be here in 5-10 years, unless you just came from reddit of something.

>Rick James

>Trash

Do you even know how to enjoy music?

>You'll be listening to it while people with taste explore different genres and expand their taste while you stay a mouthbreathing pleb until you die. Your choice I guess

Please enlighten me how your tryhard cherrypicked Sup Forumscore is better than people who stay true to themselves and genuinely know why they enjoy the music they listen to.

>Yikes. I hope I'm not posting here when I'm in my late 20s early 30s like you.
You're in your early 20s and wasting your youth on Sup Forums?
I agree the other guy is dumb, but you're dumber.

This must be like one of the best pop eps ive ever listened to. Its the best thing about the whole anime.

What anime is that? And is it worth watching?

The short answer is no.

The long answer:
California Crisis is a fascinating anomaly of anime brought on by a prosperous Japan at its pop cultural creative peak. It is some of the few anime to fully immerse its setting in that of America. No Asians to be seen anywhere and a distinctive pop art visual style indicative of its misguided attempt to capture the culture and lifestyle of the United States. In the end, the visual presentation is so out there and inaccessible it would be a shame for an actually compelling story to be wasted on it. Thankfully this anime is indeed a clusterfuck plotwise and has solidfied itself as a cult flick worth watching for only the most diehard of retro anime fans.

If you dont really understand what i meant in the last paragraph;

A E S T H E T I C

Oh cool thanks, I'll check it out sometime in the future.

>actually enthusiastic about checking out a kitsch retro anime

T R A N S C E N D E D anime fan

Don't watch a lot of anime, but if one has something special about it making it worth throwing on in the background and passively watching, I'm all for it.

it's got some big action scenes though, and it's short, it's not a slow atmospheric one

Old anime handles both intense, visceral action and foreboding, atmospheric world building wonderfully. Especially the ovas which can even pull both off in the same show!

>bawww ur a hipster
Hello normie.

yes but what I'm saying is that California Crisis is not a wallpaper anime

youtube.com/watch?v=o7GK-TgF_R0
banger for you

youtube.com/watch?v=OIWd-wzxFmc
youtube.com/watch?v=1Mg6HqGr2ZA

sexxx

OOOOOOH this is good

Certainly isnt haha. Would make for lulzy convo though.

Big rec for Timely by Anri, one of my favorite summer albums

youtube.com/watch?v=Ww7WNivZG-k

youtube.com/watch?v=t7EEcG0JW4U
youtube.com/watch?v=20dgGO7kzXM

Not mine actually, user shared it. Thought I pass on the good shit.

jpop80ss.blogspot.com/

This site is amazing.

Don't know if any of this has been posted yet, but I don't want to read through all the replies
youtu.be/MpGExFCoig4
youtu.be/4YC3dfsNX1E (this shit slaps)
youtu.be/QicgfPt_k6M
youtu.be/B3wxkDMwZDI (comes with a great video)
youtu.be/B3wxkDMwZDI