>3hr 47m long

Fuck that

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NlpxjBgG-7E
youtube.com/watch?v=AUFwk1Ibwkc
youtube.com/watch?v=j38t2lDi4GU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

do what every millennial does, and down some adderall

I've seen Lawrence, but I've been sitting on Salem's Lot since Halloween since it's like 181 minutes. For a fucking PG horror movie.

there's an intermission, just watch the first half one night and watch the second another

what's the big deal? you probably spend twice that amount of time shitposting everyday

>it's true

you don't have to marathon it

watch it in like 7 parts

OP here. Disregard that. The opening overture has me hooked

Watch it at x1.25 speed

>3hr 47m
pssh, thats small time

t. Bela Tarr

>"Ugh, I hate sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating, and it gets everywhere."

really David Lean?

Only 3 hours and 40 minutes to go

what did he mean by this?

The fire rises

Guess ill start looking into foreign language kin-

Is there a better way of announcing to a television & film forum that you're a shallow plebian?
Shit man, I haven't even watched it. But that shit's legendary, I just blame my lack of patience.

That's sacrilege and rape. The humans were mistake.

Realizing this actually cured me of my problem with long movies.

>a prostitute, a pimp, and a nun
how trite

It's absolutely worth its length. Beautiful film

x1.10 is perfect because you can't tell the difference. For a movie this long it'd save you 22 minutes. That's time for you to watch an episode of Family Guy.

get behind me satan

>literal match cut
bravo david

I know the """film experts""" are gonna go full defense force and cry out about ADHD and millennials, but there's literally no reason for this movie to exceed three hours.

>watch 10 hours westworld
>watch 10 hours mr robot
>watch 24 hours 24
but you can't watch a 3 hour movie? plebs should go back to plebbit

Guess I'll get started on Italian kin-

Oh shit whats George Soros doing here

>there's literally no reason for this movie to exceed three hours.
but there's also no reason why it should be shorter. there are no superfluous scenes that I can think of, and pretty much every one does its purpose to reveal something about a character and their personality

>Lincoln was interesting I want to watch another civil war based fil-

At 16 hours per season, the entire runtime of 24 is 138 hours including Redemption and season prequels.

Watch the film, preferably on as large a screen as you can find.
You'll realize how wrong you are.
Seriously, one of cinema's most powerful movies.

Ride With the Devil is the better Civil War film anyway

>when you have a woman be your editor
>when she doesn't know how to make a smooth transition, so she does this one, and it becomes one of the greatest edits in film history
>when her incompetence actually brings good results
It's like this film was meant to be perfect

watched Amadeus director's cut last night

magnifique

youtube.com/watch?v=NlpxjBgG-7E

>there are too many exposition shots and too much dialogue, the movie could be easily an hour shorter
said no one ever

That's because it was a mini series on TV.

It's almost impossible to ironically meme about this kino.

That's how masterful Lean was.

>lol, a 187 minute 18th century costume drama, fuck tha-

historically, editing has always been a bit of a woman's job (not that male editors weren't still the majority, and directors and producers had the final say ofc, but you were more likely to see women in that job than others)

pleb

If it's good I don't care how long it is. I was able to sit through Gettysburg solely because I thought it was enjoying it so much.

As long as Family Guy isn't what you chase Lawrence with.

The Bridge on the River Kwai by the same director was MUCH better. Watch that instead. It's under three hours and doesn't feel to long. It's also much more engaging.

The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it rises

Mfw user is right

>tfw you realize that shitposting isn't a blatant waste of time and energy, but an art and gives you zen
Still, I agree it sort of made me realize that watching something LoA is quite fun

>impossible to ironically meme
i've picked up the "Michael George Hartley, you're a philosopher" joke irl (obv addressing the name with whomever i'm addressing)

Huh, didn't know, that.
Thanks for the info, lad

are there any long comedies?

Someone host a stream. Time how long it takes for people to drop out, then congratulate those who stayed all the way.

yes, but I'm talking about Sup Forums-level memes.

quoting a line irl doesn't really count for memes, at least I don't think. difficult to make that particular line fly here.

Anonymous Sup Forums User, you're a shitposter

>183 minutes for a damn capeflick? No fuc...

any history guys here? can someone refresh me as to why Brits were in Africa during WWI? Or why the Arabs were enemies?

Bruh

What if I watch it on my HDTV connected with HDMI from my laptop? Will I still get the same effect?

The sand line:is very meme-worthy, given George Lucas and all that

Let's check out Hungarian kino I hard some good th-

the Ottoman Empire joined the Central Powers and attacked cut Russia off from the Mediterranean. Not being able to get supplies from the Med was a big part of the reason Russia melted down and surrendered to Germany. The Brits needed to open the supply route to Russia up again while also grabbing all the Ottomans' territory so they could get the oil before the French or Germans got their grubby hands on it

not a history buff but it definitely had something to do with the ottomans and the turks

Don't see all the fuss over this. Just a shitty jarring cut honestly.

fucking idiots

youtube.com/watch?v=AUFwk1Ibwkc

Just listen to the audibook, faggot. Why suffer through an extended Goosebumps episode? Shit even the book is meh.

Because large parts of Africa were British? How fucking retarded are you?

>not knowing who Captain Renault is

You need to educate yourself my man.

Best seen in an actual theater, but a large tv screen is better than a computer monitor or your phone.
It's one of the few movies actually shot with a widescreen in mind. Strange to say in the age of IMAX and windscreen tvs, but too rarely do even the most competent of cinematographers really think about this stuff beyond the basics.

I had the pleasure of seeing this film in 70mm recently.

Had this guys exasperated voice exclaiming "Lawrence! Lawrence!" stuck in my head for a few days after.

i hope you stay long enough to contribute and avoid shitpost burnout

>why the Brits were in Africa
The British were everywhere in 1916. They were in Egypt specifically because of the Suez Canal, which goes from the Mediterranean to the Red seas, and cuts the trip to India down by 8000 miles. British India was the Jewel in the crown of the British empire, and India's resources were extremely important to the British, as well as the trade between the Isles and the subcontinent. Losing the canal would have seriously affected their economy, as well as the fact that their navy couldn't get around the world as fast if they couldn't use the canal.
>the Arabs were enemies
At this time in world history, the Arabian peninsula, having nothing in the interior that was of use or interest to europeans, was left to the Ottomans, who started losing control of it because the Arabians/Bedouins resented the Ottomans (see the Balkans for an example of somewhere the Turks used to rule over and the kind of 'resentment' I'm talking about), and the issues of ruling a massive wasteland inhabited by nomads. Without the Ottomans to impose themselves as a central authority the Arab tribes went back to squabbling with each other. The Arabs have a culture of fighting with each other, it's probably because Arabia is a harsh place and, as an analogy, if you aren't doing the fucking, you're getting fucked.

It's funny because BvS is unironically a piece of shit.

Thanks. Makes the film a bit easier to understand when I watch

Where did you see it? I'd love to see it in 70mm

Anytime. Also, if you have the time and are interested further, I recommend reading T.E. Lawrence's book, Seven Pillars of Wisdom. It's a long but fascinating read, the parts that I liked most were (in the beginning) when he talked about the situation in the Middle East before the Arab revolt and about Arab culture in general. His writing style is also fantastic.

try this one as well

not as good imho..but still a must see

and spectacular

There is a local theater that has a special annual event where they show about a dozen and a half 70mm or 35mm films over the course of a week. Feels crisp. Also saw Sleeping Beauty and Ben Hur. Can't wait to see what good stuff they show next year.

>It's one of the few movies actually shot with a widescreen in mind
I get what you mean, and there are tons of beautiful films shot on 70mm, but there's something about the look of this film that's unique to it as far as I know. Couldn't you get the same sort of look by just standing relatively far away from the subject? Directors try to emulate the look of this film, but it just isn't the same.

I need to watch this again. First time I tried I fell asleep in the middle of it.

Same reason I've never seen this. :(

Watching a movie is a waste of adderall

MAGA

>Directors try to emulate the look of this film, but it just isn't the same.

watch more movies

youtube.com/watch?v=j38t2lDi4GU

It's a Mad, Mad World. It's kind of a comedy epic, too. Absolutely crazy slapstick comedy, many appearences and cameos from legendary comedians, it's really good. It's not 3 hours but as far as comedy goes, it's on the longer side.

It's worth it, at least for the rape scene.

Its mostly establishing shots, and long, long takes.
The movie surprisingly has very little story happening compared to the run time.

It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World*

It's funnier that ironically BvS is a piece of art.

Now what DID he mean by this?

>It's not 3 hours
but is though. the cut currently out on blu-ray/dvd via Criterion is 197 minutes (alongside the 159-minute theatrical cut)

the original cut of the film is a whopping 210 minutes

At least it's entertaining, unlike Snorence of Arabia.

Make the Caliphate Great Again!

in the same Faisal brags about how Cordoba used to have public lighting iirc hundreds of years before during their reign
you can shoehorn a >WE WUZ meme in there

In a perfect world, there's the 3-hour cut of Planes, Trains and Automobiles.

We'll NEVER EVER get that though.

God DAMN I like the look of this movie.

I've wanted to see it for a while. But I'm waiting to get a good blu-ray. Fucking kino

Indian movies.

Except they aren't funny.

>Seven Pillars of Wisdom
Good taste user

you can torrent the 4K restoraion like I did

>Directors try to emulate the look of this film, but it just isn't the same

The Revenant has great cinematography and came pretty close desu senpai

mah costume-fu

>widescreen
>5.1
>1963

damn

It flies by. Incredible kino.

I watched it on my iPhone, and thought it was shit

Why the fuck would you watch kino on a phone?!

its not worth it. now das boot is worth watching, especially the 7 hour uncut edition. thats a movie to change you, not lawrence of a labia