Probably get this a bunch of times, but what streaming services do people here use...

Probably get this a bunch of times, but what streaming services do people here use? Only been using Google Music and wondering if other services like Spotifiy might be better

Other urls found in this thread:

googleplaymusicdesktopplayer.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I use spotify and greatly enjoy it.
Most of the music I like/frequently listen to is on there and it's great for people that are frequently traveling. Would highly recommend premium.

What's GP like?

I find it doesn't have some albums of some experimental artists, and sometimes albums will dissapear from the market. The only thing I like from about Google Music is the ability to upload my own music, and it comes with Youtube Red.

>I find it doesn't have some albums of some experimental artists
Examples? Spotify might have them, I can check for ya.

Trout Mask Replica
And this one is not experimental, but Court of the Crimson King is not on Google Play either

TMR isn't on Spotify either (which is odd because every other Beefheart album is)
Fripp is a copyright scumbag and doesn't let his stuff on ANY services.
Hell I have a bootleg Russian website I use and it's not even there.

streaming is the most normie stupid way of consuming music. i tried to find a single one that had even the majority of my top 100, and none of them did. you're missing out on a lot if you let some algo control your taste

>you're missing out on a lot if you let some algo control your taste
Spotify has never controlled my taste and I enjoy plenty of albums that aren't on the service.

Can you share your top 100?

Do you play your music off a server? Because having to have copies of my music on all my devices will be inconvenient to manage. And I don't listen to the music these services recommend me, but it's nice to have a radio when I really need something similar.

Do you buy or pirate your music?

just saying

google play is objectively the best deal desu.

-mostly the same music selection as the other services
-can upload your own music seamlessly into your library, so anything that streaming doesn't have you can just download on pc and upload
-comes with youtube red (adblock on mobile)
-no song limit (spotify has download limit of 3333 which is awful)
-best android app (apple music is unusable on android)

Really no reason to use any other service, especially on android

Bandcamp as a streaming service? It's been a while since I used this site, but how is it?

I understand not using a streaming service because it’s missing a lot of what you listen to, but what’s with the whole “controlling what you listen to” thing? I discover music on rym it through friends and then go listen on spotify. It’s not like anyone other than normalfags a who don’t care about music use playlists or Spotify radios. You just save albums and listen to it later so you don’t have to have a ton of music downloaded locally

Spotify Premium for streaming

Google Play library for anything that isn't on Spotify

Let's see you top 100.

>'radio'
What? You can listen to whatever you want with ads on spotify.

I buy the music

(Not OP)
I use Spotify and I can confirm when you're on MOBILE and you don't have premium that it will only play albums or artists on shuffle, and usually not all the songs either, it'll switch over to the radio after 3 tracks or so.

I use the premium student discount for spotify, it's worth it imo. I hardly ever need to pirate shit anymore.

If you use Android, look up Spotify Dogfood on XDA. It's updated regularly and is an open source hacked Spotify apk with no ads and actual working extreme audio bitrate (most other apk edits don't have this working, it's just cosmetic).

Soulseek, Sup Forums archive, and rutracker

>rutracker
Gonna invite me or what?

Madvillian isn't on Google Music anymore...

Don't even have Entroducing...

wtf they took off j dilla donuts too

Also don't have Quasimodo

>Madvillian isn't on Google Music anymore
Then upload it. That's the one advantage of that particular streaming service which the others do not have.

I use apple music cuz I got an iphone and I don't like google play's app

>

Former spotify user and Google Play Music subscriber here:

If you have more than 10,000 songs, and a lot of obscure music, stick with GPM.

Spotify caps you off at 10k (even on premium) and the ability to upload your own music to GPM and listen to it and stream it at will is amazing. Plus you can always download your own music so you have it on your hard drive again.

I use cracked spotify on my android phone

I'm a student:

Spotify Premium (with Hulu ) - $5 a month
Tidal Hifi - $10 a month

I like Tidal, I enjoy the quality of the 24-bit lossless masters for a bunch of their albums as well as the 16-bit lossless for almost all of their catalogue. If it isn't on Tidal, I'll listen to Spotify's High quality audio (320 kbps is ok).

>Probably get this a bunch of times
oh man, come on we never have repeat posts on this board what the heck are you doing

you can block spotify ads in host file if you are windows user for 0$

Of course he can't. He's a Sup Forumscore drone pretending to be special in a (mildly successful) attempt at b8ing.

>streaming
>services
>not using youtube-dl -x
pleb-tier

this

I'm trying Spotify this month and so far been very happy. Considering trying Google Play now tho, that does sound like a sweet deal. I hate having to open my regular player when I want to listen to something I don't have in Spoti.

>calling people pleb
>using youtube dl to listen to music.

I use spotify for discovering new music (when said music is available on spotify, which is ~90% of the time)

My absolute favorite albums (top 20 or so) I keep on my phone in flac, and anything I can't find on spotify, I usually download as well.

I used to use google music, so if I want to listen to something in my older library, I occasionally go back to that.

Apple Music is amazing if you have a mac. Great curated playlists, amazing selection.

I used to download all my music but honestly I've just been using spotify and i'm getting used to it, but that fucking 10,000 song limit is bullshit. I mean yeah i used the cracked apk but at that point I'd sooner just go to google play and risk getting my shit slapped in when they leak that i pirated it all

I'm all in on apple music, i've got the subscription and i've also got iCloud match. Match is great, it brings all my bandcamp stuff into iCloud so I can stream it off my iphone/ipad.

tidal because i can actually make use of the master quality audio now (even my girlfriend can tell that there's an audible difference in audio quality between mp3 and MQA).

tidal's interface is trash though so i still use apple music on my phone for in the car, travelling, exercise, etc.

best thing about spotify is that it is great on a desktop when using for free.

>even my girlfriend
yo man, don't trash your own girlfriend to a bunch of underage losers. learn to respect yer girly.

I use Spotify to discover new stuff, then I [spoiler]"legally download"[/spoiler] it from elsewhere.

What are some good albums not on Apple?

ew

Buy the CDs

lol

she agrees her ears are trash when it comes to this stuff.

People actually use Apple music?

It's great for iphones

this
downloading music from youtube is the lowest of pleb tiers

Let's see Paul Allen's top 100

You can listen to downloaded music on spotify

Streaming is for thots and chads

If it's already on your hard drive/device. You can't upload to Spotify, which is what I said.

you dont need an invite..

If you stream you dont belong on this board

Get a job

Sent ;)

I use spotify and the 10k song saved limit is really making me want to switch to apple music, I would switch to GP but they don't have a lot of the lesser known artists that I like while apple music has them. If a 10k song limit doesn't affect you at all, spotify is easily the best IMO

Google music has ads?

mine doesn't

I can't believe I share a board with you bandwidth-wasting morons. Streamers get out.

>Not using supreme russian torrenting sites
Lmaoing at your shit taste

I like Google Play Music because it focuses on helping you build a huge fucking library but Spotify has much better features. Personally I only prefer Play Music because of the "Library" aspect but as soon as Spotify implements a Library feature (a truly unlimited one, not just Save), I'm switching over.

I can't pay for each album individually. I'd need to be rich.

>using the internet at all instead of using offline USB deaddrops
normalfags disgust me. the only good filesharing services are 100% offline, retards.

Google Play, I've been using it for 3-4 years and its served me well. Recently they've taken a couple albums off that I enjoy but its really not a big deal because I can just upload them anyways.

Google Play Music needs a desktop client like Spotify, really badly.

It's never going to happen, though. It was a meme at one point. Also, Play Music is really bad a sorting albums. Otherwise, Google Play Music is pretty great.

Anything better than rutracker?

There's a third-party one that works quite well.
googleplaymusicdesktopplayer.com/

spotify dogfood, piracy and vinyl. In that order.

I listwn to most music on spotify dogfood, a modded spotify that skips adverts. If an album is worty relistens ill pirate it. If i want to pay some money to the artist (label) ill buy the album on vinyl.

I'm not a fan of any streaming services but this is a solid way to go.

I use amazon music unlimited. I'm probably the only person on the planet who uses it so please don't dox me

I've been using Google Play Music since it debuted. I'm a student so I suppose I could be getting Spotify for way cheaper, and it's not like I'm saving any money with the family plan (I'm not using it either).

Overall I'd not recommend Play Music in the slightest if you use a phone. It's hilariously buggy, with many of the same bugs existing for years now, and the search makes me think Google designed it to be as useless as possible so you spend more time trying to find what you want to listen to and less time actually listening.

The selection is okay, but much of what I want to listen to can only be found on YouTube.

The only redeeming quality is they record how many times you've listened to a song, but that's more novelty than an actual feature.

What in the actual shit?! When did they remove quas, MF, and dilla? And why?!

I noticed this a month or so ago. They did upload a bunch of weird shit though, like the Doomsday EP.
I guess they can't afford to have people actually listening to what they want

i used the google trial and it was kind of neat because i could upload the albums they didn't have which is probably the second biggest problem with music streaming: they kinda get to choose what you can listen to

but the biggest reason and the one that made me drop streaming after the trial is that you have to pay for it to these guys who pretty much run the game for no good reason.

free file sharing is the way to go. you wanna support the artists you like? buy their shit. go to their concerts. talk to other people about them. you'll probably spend a lot more than $10 a month and spotify/google/apple get none of it.

but about google play music, one more thing, their app sucks. it's slow, buggy and ugly. i had silences between tracks even when i manually turned the option off.

>tl;dr
google is probably the best but it's still shit, streaming is an unnecessary service that pumps music money into tech companies for no good practical reason.

Why do hater comments on this board (not just for Spotify but in general) always go towards “controlling your taste” argument as if they explore every inch of the musical catalogue that exists beyond streaming service

If you want to steal music, that's fine. Just say that you're cheap or you're poor, or you'd rather spend your money on other things - whatever. But don't pretend to be morally superior for stealing music.

does offline mode work for it?

I'm using a sideloaded spotify rn for unlimited skips (etc) and it has all the features except offline listening. It's a minor issue, but I have to use GPM to supplement it when I'm out of wifi and I'm not wasting data if I have signal on a 12-hour hike.

>hater comments
go back to a Nikki Minaj comments section

you can download straight from bandcamp without paying fyi

I use spotify bc it has the student discount and that's reason enough for me to use it. That, and I don't have space on my phone to download music but that doesn't matter if I'm just streaming.

Russians know their shit. Back in the day they would make solid copies of expensive lenses. They make solid, virus-free cracks for Adobe products. They hate gays.

>steal music
my good man as i said i spend a lot more than $10 a month on music and i'm not rich or anything. also not all of the digital music i have is pirated, but some is and i guess that's morally questionable but technically it allows me to have access to all the music and see for myself what artists i like better and choose to support.

my point is that it's just not practical, music practical, or smart, money smart, to pay spotify to provide me with whatever music they want.

i gave google a chance, i'm not saying tech companies are the devil, but their service turned out to be pretty shit and the argument that they're giving pennies to the bands i check out doesn't outweigh the fact that i could spend the money on a physical album or a concert ticket to a band i think deseves it.

not using both so u can share with friends, discover music, and have your entire collection with you when you travel lmao

Spotify's playlist options on Android are horrid. They don't even have an option to rearrange songs in your playlists.

There's a way to sync local files across devices but its extremely clunky and requires that they be downloaded onto each device, you cant upload from your hard drive and stream elsewhere.

I'd be using spotify if not for the 10K library song limit. I think its recommendations and layout are really good and there are few flaws except for the desktop app starting up slower than a crippled snail.
Did the Play Music trial period as well but it's too flawed.
Apple music is pretty solid, I kinda feel like they should make the artist pages and search function more user friendly. But overall it's the best for me at the moment.

>-can upload your own music seamlessly into your library
>seamlessly
top lmao it didn't work even once in my trial period, not on the phone, not in the browser app, not in the third party desktop app. I had to install an extra app (music manager) after a lot of digging and trial and error to get anything that kind of did their most advertised feature for them.
And a shitload of people had the same issue (clearly, otherwise nobody would have bothered creating an extra program just for that)

Spotify takes seconds to load on my laptop. Maybe you have a very poor quality PC.

i use spotify at work and my local library at home. its a nice balance between stuff i know and new stuff. spotify doesn't have a lot of the more obscure bands i like, but they have such a huge amount of other artists i dont mind

>(which is odd because every other Beefheart album is)
Shiny Beast isn't on there either last I checked, which is a shame given how good it is.

Is there a way to transfer your songs from GPM to Spotify? I want to switch but I have too many songs already

>have

Apple sounds the best as far as audio quality goes but has a terrible UI and is pretty basic. Has some exclusive stuff like drag city.

Spotify has decent audio and more stuff than apple. I use it the most.

I don’t personally have it, but gf has Google play and it has about the same features as Spotify, but YouTube red is good add on if you use YouTube a lot.

gmusic because it comes w youtube red

apple music is superior and i'd gladly use my student discount on it if google didnt put background play on the youtube app behind a fucking paywall