Did this bomb or not? Every article out is saying it's doing great...

Did this bomb or not? Every article out is saying it's doing great, but the box office numbers are only a bit better than 2016 Ghostbusters', and are miles worse than frozen's.

Other urls found in this thread:

hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/2000to2004/2004-sexual-behavior-in-pre-contact-hawaii.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnie_the_Pooh_(2011_film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Polynesians aren't people

My sister lied to me and said it was on track to outperform Frozen

The fact that the MCs are brown people and that the soundtrack is by Lin Memeual Miranda is making people exaggerate its quality

never heard of it

Doing well in America but doing shit everywhere else.

On one hand lol take that you (((globalist))) scumbags. Looks like the global audience just prefers 14/88 aryan fairy tales no matter how problematic they might be for you.

On the other, I actually feel a little bad because Polynesian was actually a refreshing and cool new inspiration.

If the Jews at Disney wanted more money they should just shit out more Frozen movies cuz that shit is literal hotcakes.

WHAT CAN I SAAAAY EXCEPT YOU'RE WELCOME?

(You're welcome!)

you just know

Just saw it, was pretty shit. Didn't expect a musical, but got one anyways

youre so retarded it hurts

I didn't watch any of the advertising, my girlfriend just wanted to see it. All I was told is that it was about a girl and a guy sailing across the ocean to save the world or some shit. Didn't seem like the kind of movie to throw in musical numbers based on that description.

It hasn't been in theatres that long. Give it time. Ghostbusters and Frozen have already had their full runs so they aren't very good for comparison.

>My sister lied to me and said it was on track to outperform Frozen
Moana's 21 day total was higher than Frozen's.

Froze was release in a single movie theater in its whole first week.

No, it's not 'bombing'. It might end up like Brave which wasn't really great financially, but was okay especially given that Disney probably made money off toys and stuff.

It's a Disney movie. You're an idiot if you didn't expect a musical.

More like because it brought nothing new to the table. At least Frozen focused on two sisters. This one seems like a step back for Disney by hitting every cliche in the book. It's like Tangled except with brown people.

Also Lin Manuel Miranda is overrated as fuck.

F A M

Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Wreck-it Ralph, most Disney-Pixar films I've watched, and Tangled (I think, fell asleep through it) weren't musicals though.

Why the fuck does it need to be successful in the box office?

A good movie isn't necessarily popular, the faggot contrarians on here at least understand that

Tangled literally breaks into song before the opening credits.

Disney-Pixar aren't Disney

Big Hero 6, Zootopia and Wreck it Ralph are like the only Disney animated movies that aren't musicals. Now, granted, these are recent outings, but so is Tangled and Frozen. So 50% of the recent crop are musicals, and 100% of the old crop are musicals. And on top of that, 100% of the recent princess fairy tale ones are musicals. Nigga you dumb.

Don't make shit up you child. Frozen released wide just like every Disney cartoon

Oh sorry, I forgot, The Wild and Chicken Little aren't musicals. Lest we forget those super influential and important disney animated movies.

foxcock is better. fuck brown people

you're just trying to bait me into giving you the sauce aren't you? I'll bite then

Also
>Makes female-led POC movie with diverse cast and years of first person research, multiple polynesian writers, creators, artists and musicians
>SJWs still tear your movie and its related merchandise to shreds and the movie flops
Literally never happy. Look, I get that the internet justice machine wasn't around when Clements and Musker did Aladdin and Hercules, but after Princess and the Frog, this is their second consecutive SJW backlash movie that bombed. Give it a rest, guys. Go make an aryan film.

I liked it

Princess and the Frog didn't bomb. It did so well in fact Disney kicked around the idea of alternating flat animated movies and 3d movies every other year. Obviously after Frozen dollery doos that went out the window.

Lasseter promised 2D movies every other year BEFORE Princess and the Frog came out, but that was nixed after Princess and the Frog, but before Tangled.

How come I never get any (You)s? I thought this was a good post too

>grown man
>has strong, well-informed opinions on animated Disney films

The movie's box office doubled its budget. It takes significant mental gymnastics to call that a flop.

I will just leave this here:
hawaii.edu/PCSS/biblio/articles/2000to2004/2004-sexual-behavior-in-pre-contact-hawaii.html

There was also Winnie the Pooh.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnie_the_Pooh_(2011_film)

That didn't make much, but they didn't give it much of a budget. Some of the Disney 2d movies right before Princess and the Frog weren't making that much money compared to Pixar movies.

Lin Manuel Miranda is upper middle class white liberal america's token cool black friend that they love to tell everyone they're friends with.

Me, I can't wait to write an alt-right interpretation of the life and times of Frederick Douglass with an all-white cast and a pop-country soundtrack.

I had a really tough time choosing between this and Dr. Strange at the theatre.

Honestly glad I picked Moana, it wasn't groundbreaking but it was fun and kinda moving.

It made less than half of the gross that Tangled did a year later, and Frozen made nearly 5x as much. When you factor in how much Disney makes on merchandise (protip: It's a lot), budget v. return isn't the only thing. They don't just want a box office return as a percentage, the intellectual property needs traction. People give more of a fuck about fucking Snow White than Tiana.

>Under the kapu system, there were forms of bondage and slavery, human sacrifice (Valeri, 1985), and infanticide (Malo, 1951, p. 70; Kamakau, 1961, p. 234). While adult females were afforded many rights and some had great status, it was kapu for them to eat certain foods; they could be put to death for eating pork, certain kinds of bananas or coconuts, and certain fish (Malo, 1951, p. 29). Poi and taro4 (basic staples of the Hawai‘ian diet) were not to be eaten from the same dish by males and females. Furthermore, in certain circumstances upon threat of death, adult males and adult females were not allowed to eat together, although they could have sex together. Religious laws controlled eating more than they controlled sex.

Like I said in my first post, Frozen dollery doos sunk the hope of 2D coming back. But it's not correct to call it a flop.

Yes, different cultures are different.

>Māui did the last of his tricks on her, attempting to make mankind immortal by trying to crawl through her body, entering in her vagina and leaving by her mouth while she slept, to reverse the path of birth. But one of his bird friends, the Pīwakawaka, laughed at the ridiculousness of the situation, seeing Māui turned into a worm squirming to enter the goddess, and woke her. To punish the demi-god, she crushed him with the obsidian teeth in her vagina; Māui was the first man to die (Alpers 1964:70).

fuck this kid got so triggered he had to go full autism. I love it. Please tell me more kid.

>Lin Manuel Miranda
Literally who
Googled it and its just some white guy from Hamilton, who was hyped for this guy?

>Lin Manuel Miranda
>White

WEW LAD!