My face when realizing rock is truly dead and is never coming back

>my face when realizing rock is truly dead and is never coming back

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dX3k_QDnzHE
youtube.com/watch?v=1OW9K84EbU4
bandcamp.com/tag/indie-rock?sort_field=date
youtube.com/watch?v=AfGU5oSo0RY
businessinsider.com/hip-hop-passes-rock-as-the-most-popular-genre-in-the-us-2017-7
youtube.com/watch?v=GEZJqplj74I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>new rock bands playing and releasing new music every day
>dead
if you say so

classical is the future

thats ok
time to make new musics that doesn't rely on distorted guitar riffs, which have no/little artistic value

You mean musics that rely on bleep boops which have no/little artistic value?

>go to youtube
>go to bandcamp
>go to the radio
>all the big music anyone talks about
>it's all various versions of pop and hip hop etc etc

You can go hours without hearing a guitar now a days. The classic "rock band" is a rarity. Of course they still exist. But they have no cultural relevance.
Listen to all the sources of the background beats. It's all samples, electronic, horns, etc. Not a single guitar to be heard.

Hell, 80's synth-pop seems bigger than standard rock now.

youtube.com/watch?v=dX3k_QDnzHE

The only exception are bands like Foo Fighters who have sorta been grand-fathered in. Have a single rock band come in the last 10 years to take their place?

How on Earth did rock/not-rock become an ingroup/outgroup thing?

>You can go hours without hearing a guitar now a days
go to youtube
go to bandcamp
go to the radio

You'll hear guitar music

>But they have no cultural relevance
Not to you, but other people, yes they do.
>Have a single rock band come in the last 10 years to take their place?
Mainstream popularity is irrelevant

bleeps got to mean something I mean come on guitar riffs are completely unrelated to anything

guitar riffs got to mean something I mean come on bleep bloops are completely unrelated to anything

rock isn't dead it just moved out of the big city into a little cottage in the middle of bumfuck nowhere to herd goats and get in touch with nature

OP is probably a coastfag, that analogy won't make sense to him.

rap is gradually turning into rock anyways so it wont really matter if rock is dead.

I heard Lil Peep was a "rapper", but his music sounds more like emo like music with a dreamy sound.

youtube.com/watch?v=1OW9K84EbU4

No you won't. Youtube, maybe, because it recs your taste. Anywhere else, no. Go outside. No one gives a fuck about new rock.

>rock is dea-

bandcamp.com/tag/indie-rock?sort_field=date

>Implying distorted guitar isn't the defining musical achievement of the modern age

Yeah, a lot of the main stream hip hop doesn't even involve rapping anymore.

i'll bring it back! learning music theory as we speak

>Youtube, maybe, because it recs your taste
Not really. I could go there right now, search "rock music" and get a million results
>Anywhere else, no. Go outside
You mean your high school?

rock and bleeps is not the only too genres
and there can be new genres made in the future which also doesn't rely on either..
yeah it sounds nice. There is a lot of inventions, this one didn't need to be put in every other song for 60 years though.

>and there can be new genres made in the future which also doesn't rely on either..
Like what?

we shall see whom knows hmm...

It just might be guitar riffs again.

ok lets see what happens in year 8564 then come back to me.
lets see the kind of music that happens at that time

I dont really care tbqh because there are shitton rock album that i have never listen

Yeah its pretty fucking dead. Its so goddamn hard to find modern rock that is actually good.

We need more of this.
youtube.com/watch?v=AfGU5oSo0RY

>mfw realizing rock is the underground genre right now and in a few years will be cool to listen to, while trapshit and edm become considered lame like disco

You can search "compassionate right winger" and find a video probably, doesn't mean it's common or popular.

>You can search "compassionate right winger" and find a video probably, doesn't mean it's common or popular.
It does if you get 189,000,000 results

There's videos for everything on youtube, it has no indication of the popularity. People aren't LISTENING to these songs. Rap and pop have millions, billions of views. Rock has thousands at best except for the older hits.

DONT POST IT

>I don't listen to it
>therefor no one else does
Stop

thats outdated. hip-hop is a much larger portion now than it was a few years ago and is probably gonna keep growing
businessinsider.com/hip-hop-passes-rock-as-the-most-popular-genre-in-the-us-2017-7

>ap and pop have millions, billions of views. Rock has thousands at best except for the older hits.
That's because labels are more likely to pay for bots to create fake hits for top 40 garbage than rock music.

Nice try though

>Hip-hop and R&B come in at 25.1%, while Rock now only comprises 23%
>no one listens to rock

>We’re talking total song consumption here (or “digital song sales with streaming equivalent on-demand audio”) because rock albums purchases still make up over 40% of album sales in the US.

Boomers don't count. The youth's taste are what we're talking here and what matters when it comes to pop music. Boomers are going to listen to the same shit they liked when they were young.

No one purchases album anymore you fucking boomer. Don't you have a president trump general to go post in?

>muh bots
Lol
Just face it, no one cares. Go talk to people, go outside, go to a party, turn on the TV.

>I could go there right now, search "rock music" and get a million results

>Boomers don't count
Why not? They're people too
>when it comes to pop music
What? We're talking about Rock music.

rock albums are much more popular on vinyl than rap is, and vinyl's an expensive product compared to the actual number of albums sold. of course its going to make up more sales but less total listening. Doesnt change that rap is bigger

Popular music, as in popularity
Boomers tastes are irrelevant to the mainstream. They're set in their ways and buy reissues and retrospective albums and the phoned in shit U2 and the Rolling Stones make these days. Rock artists aren't talked about among the pop culture anymore.

>I don't buy albums, therefor no one else does
kek
>>muh bots
Not an argument
189,000,000 actually
>Doesnt change that rap is bigger
Bigger, as heard by people who care less about the music. So it's really not that important, is it?
Appeal to popularity

Also
>U2, Rolling stones
Are these the only rock bands you know of? Are you going to namedrop AC/DC next?

Stop faggot. Rock is still cool, millions of kids listen to rock. I know plenty of people who like indie. It's not dead, you're just not paying attention. Stop listening to the radio and hanging out with wiggers.

>appeal to popularity
That's the fucking point of the thread you molyneux watching brainlet. Go back to your shithole board.

>he cares about what's relevant in pop culture

we're talking about how big rock is right? how else would we measure it?

>a logical fallacy is the point of this thread!
No shit

>the popularity of rock is irrelevant to a thread arguing about the popularity of rock

lmao just stop B

>if it isn't #1 then it's dead!

Kek this you can always tell the Sup Forumstards when they instinctively cry "not an argument" and "fallacy" (then engage in fallacies of their own) when they can't argue.

>(then engage in fallacies of their own)
[citation needed]

Yeah it's pretty dead among young people outside of some niche circles. Rock had it's heyday in the 50s-90s, it had it's time, it's going through a similar evolution as jazz now. It's not mainstream, and it probably won't be again. It'll have it's dedicated circle of fans but it won't be relevant to the grander scheme of things and innovation will slow down. That's what's been happening.

I'm not going to waste my time with you, I already know you're stupid from reading your responses. I don't need anymore to be convinced. Have a good day.

Aussie bogans are rock's last hope. Get ready for the sick cunt renaissance..

Nice cherrypicking
>It'll have it's dedicated circle of fans but it won't be relevant to the grander scheme of things and innovation will slow down. That's what's been happening.
THANK
FUCKING
GOD

Very tired f idiots pouting the genre. You can keep em, hip-hop/EDM

>whaaaah whaaaaaah he asked for an argument!
Yikes
>No one cares about rock anymore
Incorrect. businessinsider.com/hip-hop-passes-rock-as-the-most-popular-genre-in-the-us-2017-7

Basically what I've been trying to say. It's not going back to that level, it's going to be a niche, it already is with the youth. It already started declining in the 2000s, there were a couple indie pop one hit wonders in the early 2010s but it was clear that rock basically had no place in the top 40.

Look, how hard is it to understand. There was a time when Rock was listened by people who cared less about music. When most teenage girls would find rockstars pretty. When dudes would hang out to smoke weed and someone would put a rock album to play.
If you weren't so dense you would understand that.
No one cares about rock anymore, people who don't care about music do not listen to any rock, there are probably no rockstars younger than 40 and if you had any friends you would know that if someone puts music it's going to be rap.

Deleted that to fix less to younger but apparently i wasn't fast enough

You don't get it you fucking boomer. Outside of a few diehards deeper into music, no one's playing a rock record or talking about rock bands. People aren't playing rock songs in the car, the radio, at parties anymore. There aren't famous new 2010s rock bands everyone knows and are idols. Those days are done. Rock still has a fanbase, no one is disputing that, but in the mainstream culture amongst any random there are no household names in rock left.

This is a fucking stupid post OP
Rock isn’t dead, if you think so you clearly pay no attention to the metal scene. There’s fantastic new metal albums being released every day. Maybe “classic rock” isn’t culturally relevant anymore, but guitar music is alive in well, you just must be a dumbass that doesn’t know where to look.

>metal

lmfao
no one gives a FUCK about that outside of the niche circle.
hell half of Sup Forums makes fun of yall

This

>Outside of a few diehards deeper into music, no one's playing a rock record or talking about rock bands
[citation needed]

>Rock still has a fanbase, no one is disputing that
OP literally said "rock is dead". Can't you read?
Already addressed all of this. learn to read

Rock is dead in the mainstream.
You want a citation? Get out of your basement nigga.

how that article proves me wrong?
Yeah rock album sales are higher but thats because young people aren't fucking buying albums anymore.
Again, if you can't understand that either you are an old fuck out of touch of reality or some autistic teenager who is trying to be a smartass online

>metal
>fantastic

Something in the water over there, this is still one of the best v/a compilations ever released

youtube.com/watch?v=GEZJqplj74I

The main young rock fanbase are indie kids (a small group) and teenagers who listen to classic rock. Classic rock doesn't count because those bands aren't making new shit.

It's not about the mainstream, rock is still alive.

name a single rockstar that is alive and younger than 40 years old

Bleep bloop nigger mumbles

>how that article proves me wrong?
It literally states 23% of digital sales is Rock, while 40% of album sales is Rock. Didn't you read it?
>thats because young people aren't fucking buying albums anymore.
Who cares about young people? They are idiots.
>Rock is dead in the mainstream.
How so? Rock bands are still selling albums and filling stadiums.
>Classic rock doesn't count because those bands aren't making new shit.
Nice goalpost shifting
>younger than 40 years old
Why would that matter?

i mean, yeah rock is alive in the sense that there are lots of people that listen to it, but what OP meant and everybody here are trying to say is that there ain't a single new thing coming out of rock with any sort of relevance in at least 10 years. Any new prolific band, any new big subgenre, nothing.

What about Mac Demarco or Tame Impala? Josh Homme/QOTSA?

giving a fuck /=/ the music is bad

>relevance
Who cares?

You don't know what rock is, boy

Josh Homme is 44 years old.
Mac deMarco is probably the closest you get to a young "rockstar", i wouldn't consider the Tame Impala guys "Rockstars" but even tho its very few comparing to what rock once was. That is the point

Go to and search "President Trump general". I think you'll find your friends there boomer scum.

Anyway, the youths taste are what matter in pop culture.

How many rock bands selling out aren't like fucking U2 or Rolling Stones or Foo Fighters or some band already long established long ago? How many of their fans are younger?

There is no fucking goalpost shifting, how can rock be alive if people only listen to bands that are dead?

Younger than 40 years old matters because that means they became popular recently and not riding off past popularity. If rock were still mainstream popular, there would be more younger rockstars emerging.

i often find that the age of the stars of a genre are a good signal of the genre's vitality. Rap is reaching its peak and we have 17 year olds like lil pump who are the current stars. Phil collins was kind of the signal of the end to come for rock imo as hes the exact opposite

How dense are you
That's the point of the fucking thread you inbred

>caring about the mainstream
Fuck off back to facebook you normie nigger

Mac isn't even that big, it's kind of telling he's the biggest rock star when his fanbase is mainly the indie kids. He's not selling out stadiums or getting #1 albums.

boomers are fucking stupid holy shit

>Anyway, the youths taste are what matter in pop culture.
Not really. Youth will just take what ever you spoonfeed them. So a million bought "views" on youtube will sway their opinion easily. Once they get older (college age) they discover rock music and the rest is history. In a few years you'll discover that
>How many rock bands selling out aren't like fucking U2 or Rolling Stones or Foo Fighters or some band already long established long ago? How many of their fans are younger?
Irrelevant
>There is no fucking goalpost shifting
How so? No one specified "classic rock" before, it was just rock. But now you are specifying it mid-argument to try and save yourself. That's called goalpost shifting
>Younger than 40 years old matters because that means they became popular recently
And then fads just die out just as quick. Can you show me ANY stars who have been popular consistently for over 20 years? You can't, because it's just meaningless, disposable music.
>if it's young, it must be good!
Nah
Why would it matter?

dude idek where to begin with you, you keep missing the point

I'm pretty sure you've been doing this for a few years now. If nothing else, I admire your dedication to the craft of arguing with people on Sup Forums.

(Eagerly awaiting Trap Demolition Night, or whatever it’s going to be called.)

If rock were still alive why aren't there any new relevant (keyword: relevant) bands coming out in the 2010s?

he's wrong but he's stubborn, tenacity. he won't convince me because he's a wilfully ignorant retard, but i will concede because it's exhausting trying to explain semantics and shit to some old boomer.

The point is it's not dead.
Not an argument
>keyword: relevant
Relevant to who? me? Lots of new rock bands that are relevant to me have put out music.

See? Exactly what I mean. If someone's not explicitly arguing with you, you won't hear it. I admire that.

Mainstream relevant you jerkoff

>not an argument
Dude shut the fuck up with this molyneux garbage. That guy is a moron.

>Mainstream relevant you jerkoff
Irrelevant goalpost shifting

Something is not dead if it still exists. rock still exists, ergo, it is not dead

>>if it's young, it must be good!
>Nah
why on earth would you think i was saying that lil pump was good. im just saying it shows generally how popular a genre is

Lol the other guys were right, you're a fucking brick.

Out of argument I see
Then I guess children's music is the most popular genre of all?

You didn't win any argument, you've convinced no one, you're just playing dumb and ignoring the main point of the discussion.