Do you like the dillinger escape plan, Sup Forums?

do you like the dillinger escape plan, Sup Forums?

i like their early stuff, then ire works. everything else has that faggot pucciato and his bitch voice, and shit live stamina and delusions of being mike patton.

I LOVE Calculating Infinity and Irony Is A Dead Scene. The rest is terrible though.

I thought his delusions worked really well on the last album.

I completely disagree, but everyone has their own opinions.

>loves ire works
>hates puciato
You do realize he was involved in every album except CI, you do know that, right?

hes decent in that album. the pop tracks are pieces of shit though.

Why cant you just say you dislike it, I'm sure you'd rather listen to any dep over katy perry. Why insult it you're just trying to start shit

Great band. The early stuff is more extreme and there is a sense that they basically reached their peak at the start and just continued to water their sound down as they went on, but I think they still made some great music despite their influences on their later work being pretty obvious. They had their signature sound mastered on Calculating Infinity and their subsequent work basically combined that sound with whatever they were influenced by at the time. I think Puciato is a great vocalist and he strikes a fine balance between Dimitri's intensity and Patton's versatility.

That being said I think Ire Works is their best album (and Irony is a Dead Scene being my other favorite release) and I'm pretty sad that they called it quits but glad they went out strong and didn't continue into old age where they couldn't keep up with their former selves.

I'd say my favorite would have to be dissociation. I have dissociation. This album help me discover so much of myself. My second would be miss machine third ire works.

>there is a sense that they basically reached their peak at the start and just continued to water their sound down as they went on
CI exists for the sole purpose of pissing people off.
That being said, it's an amazing album, but not their peak, not their most mature record, which is totally fine, they were kids when they made it (more or less).
Still, whatever Ben, Chris and Dimitri did in that studio was fucking wicked and will never be done again.
Calculating Infinity is probably one of the best debut records of all time.

>tfw never got the chance to see TDEP live

my favourite band, love them to bits, so glad i got to see and meet them a few months back

>same
>feelsbadman

Yeah, I'm not convinced it was actually their peak. But what I mean is that typically a band will start out trying to find their signature and unique sound and outside influences will be easier to hear on early albums and then later on they find their unique voice. Dillinger almost worked the other way around in many ways and that's not a detriment.

Bad music

they showed us what they were capable of in calculating infinity, then they do this buttrock shit "milk lizard" and "blackgum" (?) felt like an insult and as a clear "hey radio, this is the crazy dep guys, we can do pop tunes too!". the rest of the album is pretty tight, but these two stick out too badly.

Have you listen to one of us is the killer or dissociation, after killer they really mastered the mix of "pop" and mathcore

A question for you DEP fags (like myself):
Is their break-up justifiable and why?

I came so close to buying a ticket to their 3rd to last show on the 27th. Had a friend who was on the fence about going and he decided it was too far to drive. I didn't want to go alone. Turns out that was the show where they had Patton play with them. I might suicide.....

Yes. They were an intense as fuck band and the insane live shows were a huge part of what they were all about and they managed to keep that shit up all the way into their early 40s. I would rather them go out on top than run dry and mellow out. Plus I'm interested in seeing them work on other projects.

I would really love to see Ben do some experimental Progressive/Math shit. Something like a Red era King Crimson style project.

im with you that CI was their peak. subsequent albums were retellings and bastardizations of the same thing, but the purest iteration of the concept was CI. i was hoping their next stuff were to be even more deconstructive and extreme, but they did "irony" and while i liked the music, i was already fed up with patton and his cliches, i felt like the guys were so innovative, going into unexplored paths, and patton was doing his old chinga chinga crap and dragged them down.

Fuck that would haunt me

saddest shit I've read all day

>Is their break-up justifiable and why?
lol why justifiable. bands can drop down whenever they want, whithout giving explanations to anyone. now, i was listening to that podcast thing with lars ulrich, ben and greg and i feel they dont have really clear why they disbanded, or dont want to tell the real reason, but it all feels ambiguous.

Just saw their last show in Nyc. FUCKING AMAZING. I lost my shit when they covered Windowlicker by Aphex Twin.

I wouldve met you in the pit bro. Dude jumped from a 2nd story balcony, and the guitarest rode a chair across the audience. Worth.

I dunno why but I actually really fucking hate calculating infinity. I like Puciato>>>Minakakis

their last album kinda blew, really shit sendoff and you know they'll be back in 5 years

Is there a recording of this?