/180/: BETVICTOR WORLD MATCHPLAY DAY 2

The single double session of this year's World Matchplay from Blackpool's Winter Gardens will be dominated by the presence of one man. He's in pic related.

First though, is the afternoon quartet of matches featuring players Sky didn't want clogging up the evening schedules. The first match is a perfect example of this with a contrast in speed between quick nonce Jelle Klaasen and the lethargic bore Justin Pipe. Poop ground his way into the Matchplay on the last possible weekend and hopefully he will fuck off speedily. Then aiming to make it two Blackpool wins in nine attempts is Robert Thornton against Spain's Cristo Reyes; Rabbie is on the verge of dropping out of the Top 16 and defeat here could see Mrs. Thornton suffering a "tram accident" on the Golden Mile. The most interesting match of the session follows with Benito van de Pas against potential Premier League player Daryl Gurney; Superchin impressed last week against MVG in the US Masters final and puts the Ulsterman as the firm favourite against the underfiring Dutchman. The afternoon ends with a no-loser clash between everyone's favourite Serbo-Austrian Mensur Suljovic and lovable if disgusting Scotsman John Henderson.

The evening begins with dim Dave Chisnall against excuse-o-bot Mervyn King; Chizzy is coming off a Shanghai raping by Autism while Merv made a Euro Tour final three weeks ago. The cuntoff follows as the man of the night Phil Taylor faces roidlet Gerwyn Price, who pissed off everyone reasonable by complaining about the Yank crowd in Las Vegas last week for no reason; why can't they both lose? Target's newest bitch Raymond van Barneveld battles re-emerging Joe Cullen who is much improved from the 10-2 humping given by RVB in Minehead in November, and the day ends with waffleboy Kim Huybrechts against floor bully Alan Norris; back in March these two had a cracker at the UK Open and a repeat would be welcome.

Coverage starts from 1:00pm UK time on the new-look Sky Sports Action channel.

Other urls found in this thread:

pdc.tv/news/2017/07/22/betvictor-world-matchplay-night-one
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Today’s matches (Best of 19 legs)

>Afternoon session
Jelle "Yewtree" Klaasen v Justin "LE SLOW THROW MAN" Pipe
Robert "One Thorn In The Grave" Thornton v Cristo "Tennereefy" Reyes
Benito van de Pas "the Dutchie on the left hand side" v Daryl "Sweet C4-line" Gurney
CAN'T CENSOR THE MENSUR v John "This is a 10 in Scotland" Henderson

>Evening session
Chizzy v Mervyn "The Ex-Governor" King
Taylel v Gerwyn "Gurning" Price
Barney v Joe "Rock out with your cock out" Cullen
Kim "Husband of Dana" Huybrechts v Alan "Walker, Yeovil Ranger" Norris

All matches must be won by 2 clear legs, with up to 5 extra legs played to decide a winner. If the match is tied after 5 extra legs, a final sudden death leg will be played.

>Day one round-up
pdc.tv/news/2017/07/22/betvictor-world-matchplay-night-one

Is, for once, Taylor the good guy?

I'd say so.

Although it would be hilarious to see his final Matchplay ended at the first hurdle.

And we're on now.

>justin pipe
>darting icon
Sky work experience kid clearly getting ahead of himself

>lovable if disgusting Scotsman John Henderson
apt

>9 hour pipe finish sign in crowd

kek

>sign behind Pipe's shoulder: "9 Hour Pipe Finish"
Top lel.

Paedo Suarez now regretting all those jackoffs over disabled girls

>klaasen managing to lose that leg
Just fuck off.

that leg though

At least Pipe will make this quick....

>Paedo
What's his average?

84. Poop not much better on 88.

>we could have been watching Klaasen-Dobey

this is fucking dire.

>this match

It's time for Jelle to pay the piper for what he has done though.

>pipe becoming the new 100 to 120 checkout man

>potentially Mensur-Pipe first to 11

Thank fuck that shit's over.

>comparing Klaasen to Federer
>Mardle

>la bamba
cristo going with the stereotypical shit then

>scottish_national_anthem.wav
Been a long time since I could post that.

>gwynne on commentary
go away, senior citizen

Show some respect for a legend lad.

he was great back in the day but he's lost it now

>thorn broken
#prayformrsthornton

why does reyes have a Scottish flag on his sleeve?

It's the flag of Tenerife.

>Wee Rabbie

In Spain the Cross of Saint Andrew was of great importance as it was the Spanish flag for two centuries until the Bourbon arrived to the Spanish Crown. After the Civil War and when Felipe V of Bourbon was named King of Spain he changed the design to the actual one. The cross of Saint Andrew was the Cross of Bourgogne and was the flag used by the Spanish military which dominated Europe, America and parts of Asia in the XVI and XVII centuries.

Today, it makes part of the Coat of Arms of the king of Spain as it did with General Franco.

Last year aside, Thorn never gets lucky here.

Benito has really tailed off recently.

THAT 142!

142 fae gurney

>benito

THE MAX

>DAT 170 checkout

Good match this.

>Gurney
>Benito

its getting tense lads.

WE EXTRA LEGS NOW

>Benito had 3 darts at D16 for a 10-7 win
>missed the lot and didn't win another leg
Shame.

>that sleazy look

>The MENS vs. Big Hen
Hype!

Big Men vs Big man!

B I G J O H N
I
G
J
O
H
N

Tuned in last night to watch Dodger shit himself, tune in this afternoon to watch Van de Pas up the lead man shite it as well. Not a chance im risking tuning in until after Taylor's game tonight.

A reminder that this is a 10 in Scotland.

Wilson's was far worse of a pants shitting.

Big John already melting and it's the end of leg 2.

>being too fat for the stage
>but needing to be too fat for rocking reasons

A moral quandary.

THAT 92 ON THE RED DOT!

>tfw no darts gf

hendo getting destroyed.

I cant watch anymore, it is too much.

P I T Y
L E G

Big man's fighting back.

This was from the Matchplay final in 2013 when I think everyone thought he was retiring, yet he's back again...Just hope this isnt how Feel 'retires'

Gwynney retired from full time PDC commentating after the '13 Matchplay.

He's only on occasionally now.

Cant imagine Gando likes his side of the draw. Playing an in form Chinman next, potentially has Pipe or Suljović after that, followed by his best mate Wright in the semi.

Wright won't get to the semi. He's playing like a cunt

[jetlag complaints intensify]

Don't get why the PDC put MVG on Monday though.

Does Hendo gain 1kg for every choke?

THAT 148 ON THE MENSUR!

Yeah Webster and Reyes are dangerous. Dunno if its just the absence of perennial jobber Van der Voort and the likes of Dolan and Jenkins and one or two others who seem surprised to make the second round these days, but its a decent line up this year imo. Interested to see how Rob Cross gets on and who makes it out of that bit of the draw.

And that 148 sees another session of seeds exiting with just one surviving.

Jelle Klaasen's recent wrist surgery counted for nothing as he struggled to a 10-5 surrender against Justin Pipe. Poop went into a 5-0 lead with 109 and 120 finishes as well as a 108 to go 7-2 ahead. Paedo Suarez closed the gap to 4 legs a number of times, but the first mini-session whitewash completely took the match away from him.

Robert Thornton's Blackpool struggles resumed as he went down 10-3 to an inspired Cristo Reyes. The debuting Spaniard averaged 101 to the Scot's 91 and checked out at 42% compared to his opponent's 25%. Thorn once again looked uncomfortable on the Winter Gardens stage, and the fact this sort of loss is now common for Wee Rabbie will surely see him drop out of the Top 16 for the first time in 5 years.

Daryl Gurney will be leaping ahead of the Thorn following his great battle with Benito van de Pas. Superchin led 5-2 at one stage, having hit a 142 in the process, but a Big Ben maximum out to tie the match back at 5-5 saw it go back and forth before Gurney missed 3 at D10 to give BvdP the break he needed for 9-7. In a match that saw 50 missed finishes, van de Pas missed three match darts to win 10-7 and sadly failed to win another leg, missing 5 to go 10-9 ahead before the Ulsterman prevailed.

Mensur Suljovic wasn't really tested by big John Henderson despite a mid-match blitz from the huge Scotsman. With Hendo melting under the Blackpool lights yet again, a 5-0 whitewash ending with 92 on the bull set the Gentle up for a simple victory. The Highlander fought back with four of the next six legs, with two neat 97s on the way, but ran out of steam and didn't win another leg.

We return in just under 2 hours. See you then.

Your one hour warning.

And we're back on now.

>phil taylor fellatio hour

>this pre-match interview

That's what the sign on Phil's caravan actually says

Merv excuse odds:

Heatstroke the new favourite at 4/5
Bad back in there at evens
Gout also a firm contender at 3/1
Jetlag rank outsider at 100/1

Who /merv/ here?

>26
chizzy throws his IQ!

Gerwyn Price is based

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF THAT LAST DART FROM CHIZZY BOY

>Dim Dave
Oh God, he's started thinking.

>co-commentator has never heard of Russ Bray before.
I long for Mardle's insightful yelling over this shit

>Chisnall at a sports psychologist
That would be torture for everyone involved.

>''Chisnall not a great thinker''
kek

I knew the moment he hit that T20 it was going in.

Fucking, Merv.

Fugg, missed the afternoon session, because for some reason I watched the ESA marathon speedrun of GTA IV, which was boring. Incredible how I was not able to carry that one simple information of wanting to watch the afternoon session over to today, I completely forgot about it. I probably need to consume less media.

missed a decent session

is Poois playing tonight?

Tomorrow against the father of his incoming baby.

Hello I am here

Seems so. Sad that Benito couldn't get it done against Gurney. Can't stand that guy any more since he recently messed with the crowd like a whiny cunt.

kek

evening lads, still laughing at rod harrington claiming chizzy should see a sport psychologist.

Could you imagine that conversation, fucks sake.

The psychologist would need a psychologist.

MVG's smile always gets me

>MUH BACK
Well that wasn't a surprise.

>that godawful D20 "attempt"

God, i hope the welsh steroid freak beats taylor.

>punches Taylor in the face
>Aidey runs on stage and smashes him with a chair

>Osullivan announces hes going to trade companies with Feel for a fresh breath of wind in both companies

IT

IS

TIME

HE

IS

HERE

Are you guys ready for Taylor's last walk on in Blackpool?

Oh God, not again.

Taylor reminds me of my grandpa :)

I'm so sorry. How was it in the back of the caravan?

Literally muh phil taylor the show