youtu.be/0bxxQQ6uMk4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no

yes

Maybe.

I don't know

It could, but has it?

as shitty and oldfag as this sounds, check berry would say yes

It's safe to say John Lennon's "Imagine" had a hand in making the world shittier. Music and the zeitgeist reinforce each other though, so it's usually a chicken or the egg question.
youtu.be/0bxxQQ6uMk4

Only if it's done right and intelligently.

Just ask David Hasselhof who ended the Cold War by himself

That was a lie I used to live in. I can't believe I ever fell for the idea of rock music in general. I mean, what uniqueness, creativity or imagination is there? Literally the entire genre is made just to play what, some idiotic shows? Sell some records? Why would anyone partake in that stupid lifestyle? Why can't we create a forest inside the three spirits of stones and unleash the beasts that roam in the dungeon? Why can't our whispers awaken the elixirs that cure the world's normalcy? Why can't two castles become trapped in orbs forced to combine into one another, and each kingdom tries to manipulate, criticize and dismiss one another using the arrows of bows? There is nothing special about rock music now. It was always just boring "watch some idiots play their instruments" without commanding the boat that travels the inner reaches of the universe. Why do we exist?

lol what a load of pretentious crap that was

>doing music needs intelligence

To change the world, yes

No, hence why political music is such a waste of time.

The Beatles made long hair acceptable

As a component of culture music plays a part in influencing change in the world.

On its own, it does not.

Indirectly, sure, but it's not that big of a factor (if we're being real here), and even if it does push some sort of change, it's one small step at a time.
Changing the world shouldn't be the concern of any musician though, that's kinda retarded, and people who make music to "change the world" obviously have no real understanding of it and has probably done too much molly.
I don't understand the world either, but I'm not THAT naive.

Ya low standard ass. Prolly listen to ambient lmao

It can and does frequently. Music is the most effective way to program people besides television and movies. Why do you think they're so many white kids who act black now? Hip Hop culture. Rappers are cool. And think of how many millions of people act like that. That's world changing. "Lit" "HAM" "Thot" "Squad" "100" all those stupid ass slang words, all come from black culture/rappers. It was the same with Rock and Roll and acting like a "rebel". Of course, Sup Forums will try and deny this. Look at punk music, created a whole new genre of PEOPLE. Goth music, same thing. Indie music helped bring the everchanging hipster to a more mainstream lane. Metal has got millions wearing their hair long, dressing in dark clothes and band shirts, and interested in ideas of fantasy, paganism, satanism (mostly atheistic), politics or lack thereof, and other shit.

As major psychoanalysts had pointed out, there's no "cultural relationship" and no "social relationship", these are phantasmic things.
The change is not of culture or society.

>Not recognizing copypasta
Fuck off to reddit, pleb

I would argue that the industry and local scenes are infested with airheaded idealists who want to Make the World a Better PlaceĀ® and accomplish this by trampling over people who have actual talent, who tend to be fucking weirdos that you wouldn't invite over your house for dinner. Best part is, we all get to suffer for it.

Hardly at all