Died for your sins

Can some christian explain to me what "dying for your sins" means? I don't get this meme.
So Christ sacrificed himself and died for....what exactly? For some metaphysical change in the world? For a symbolic martyr?

Other urls found in this thread:

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 10:16&version=KJV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

*for a symbolic martyrdom?

Christ was a perfect man and the only one able to cross out Adam's original sin which was our burden.

Grace.

Jewish propaganda meant to appeal to your emotions, not to reason.

It's all a hoax created to domesticate and control the white man.

So does this mean you believe a legal change happened in the afterlife? You believe that before Christ's death everyone was doomed to hell for the sin of being born? Does this mean all sin was previously to be inherited but Christ changed fhat?

He was offered as a sacrifice.

You are an atheist trying to troll.

must be saged

Mankind fell from grace and was put under the Law.
All have sinned; nobody has become like God.
The penalty for sin is death.
The life is in the blood.
Without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins.

Jesus took the collective sins of mankind onto Himself, suffered the wrath of God for all of them, and died paying the ultimate price for all of them.

There is no longer a sin barrier between Man and God.

In the Old Testament the sins of mankind had to be accounted for with blood, or in other words, animal sacrifice. The purpose is presumably to remind man of the cost of sin etc., animals represent innocence becuase they are not sentient (sentience being the "image of God" by the way.)

In the day of grace, Christ acted as a sacrifice for all future sins. Like the ultimate sacrifice. He was not only totally pure/innocent of sin, but he also had the sentience of not just man but also God- making him the perfect sacrifice for the sins of mankind. Which is why christians don't sacrifice things any more and just confess/repent.

You don't have to believe it but this is one of the more popular beliefs amongst Christian theologians.

No, it's a matter of life and death.

When Adam sinned, mankind died. The Breath of God blown into his nostrils to make him a living being fled the sin. God and sin do not exist together.

Because Adam and Eve sinned, and fell from grace, and died, they could only reproduce children in their own dead image, not in the image of God as Adam was created.

Jesus died so that whoever believes in Him can regain that Breath of Life, the Holy Spirit of God, that Adam lost. He tore down the barrier that made that impossible.

Now salvation is offered to humanity as a free gift from God.

>all these shills trying desparately to justify their nonsensical filthy jew religion

nice meme image you cuck

Very enlightening post
What is a sin barrier? I thought sins were interpreted as defiances to God's written will.

Close. Correct guess is: Metaphysical martyrdom.

Christ is the intercessor between man and God. He is 100% man and 100% God. God came into the world as a man so that man might be redeemed for his transgressions against God.

God does not and will not abide sin. When Adam let sin enter into his body, the Holy Spirit in Adam fled and Adam died.

He who has the Spirit has life; he who has not the Spirit has not life.

Death to God is separation from Him, as He is life. You were born separated from God, and unless you regain the Holy Spirit that Adam lost, you will remain dead and suffer the second death, which is hell. Separation from God for eternity.

If there no barrier then we can't sin? why bother worshipping if you're going to heaven anyway?

that makes no sense, wasn't Jesus God Himself?
Why'd he pay the debt to himself?!

It means that God had to turn himself into a person and deliberately sacrifice himself so that he could atone for a rule he made up where every human deserves to be burnt alive for eternity for something they didn't do.

We also stop being put under the Law.

This is one of the main differences between Jews and Christians.

Jews are all about the Law.

You can't put new wine in old wineskins as they say.

Your understanding is superficial,and at best, at the historical level. You deny the existence of God because the thought of him existing scares you.

A dead jew on a stick.

if god can do anything why couldn't he just say "ok you're all saved now" instead of this retarded human sacrifice shit

If I forgive your debts, then I myself pay myself for your debts.

But this is how people imagine atheists, deal with it.

bump

Explain this, Judeo Christians

God knows why, but He never revealed the reason in scripture. We can draw inferences and think up theories, but there is no authoritative answer to give you. C.S. Lewis also considered this issue, and he came to the conclusion that the "why" of the sacrifice of Jesus is not as important as faith in the fact that it happened and that it redeemed man from Original sin.

When Jesus died on the cross, the veil to the Holy of Holies was ripped down from top to bottom indicating that no longer would just one man have access to God, but that access to God is now open to whomever believes.

That veil was several feet thick.

God's infintely mercyful but also infinitely just.

The idea is that because men are sinners a pure sacrifice is required to pay for sin.
Jesus was the only man never to have sinned so he was the purest sacrifice possible.
Before Jesus, Jews were required to sacrifice their most prized livestock to get atonement for their sins.
Jesus was the sacrifice for all men so that they no longer had to sacrifice animals and practice religious traditions.

Sin no longer makes itself a barrier to the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit.

All sin has been properly punished and disposed of.

The Holy Spirit has no reason to leave a person anymore, as He left Adam when Adam sinned.

Sins being taken care of, paid for, and the opportunity to sin co-exist. The sins you do tomorrow were forgiven at the cross. Forgiven and forgotten.

He paid a debt He did not owe because we owed a debt we could not pay, and He did not want to see us all die.

The same reason he didnt smash Adam and Eve into dust and start over.

The same reason he didn't save Job or intervene when Satan tempted Christ.

Because He is holy, just and righteous.

If a man murdered your family and the judge told him it's cool, no problem, be on his way, would that be justice? Would it be holy? Would it be righteous?

No, forgiveness has a price attached to it, and Jesus paid that price.

How should I dress for mass? Is a polo shirt and black jeans good enough?

I've never been to mass before and I was never baptised. I wanted to start attending church for awhile, and then going through RCIA once I'm comfortable. The church I'm looking at does the latin mass every other week with the FSSP. So I assume it is a little more traditional.

Do I need to wear a suit?

Inviting catholics into a discussion about Jesus?

How novel!

Nah youre okay.

It's about the nature of consciousness. When they say we are created in the image of God they mean he have sentience.

The ability to make decisions, to have free will, is the essence of what it means to be like God. By existing in sin, making mistakes, experiencing pain, etc. we understand how to actually exist. God already created perfect beings- the Angels- humanity was a different kind of creation altogether. He also created animals, who exist on instinct and are incapable of sin, etc.

For a traditional mass, I'd wear slacks if you're really worried about it. All of the regulars wear slacks and women are usually required to veil.

Take it from a dead language expert it's a mushroom cult.

Anti-Catholic regurgitation! How shallow and pedantic!

But God cursed them in the first place

Joe rogan pls leave

Be aware that some people interpret the following passage as Jesus referring to those unsaved who came before Him, although Mormons believe (iirc) that He's referring to Mormons:

>John 10:16, King James Version (KJV)

>And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 10:16&version=KJV

read "reading the bible with rene girard"

>"christianity is a jewish religion" meme
>cries about memes against atheists
This is literally the stupidest meme i have ever encountered. The bible literally says that Jews killed Jesus and Christian Europe was notorious for being anti-Jew. Where do you get off saying that Christianity is Jewish? They're literally the original deniers of Christ.

Why do people worship a dead guy instead of our true saviour: the one and only lord kek?

All abrahamic religions are just the tricks of the jews and their evil spirits that they call gods.

Adam made a conscious decision to sin.

Israelites made a conscious decision to worship a golden calf.

Technically all you have to do is believe in Jesus and you're good. Sin all you want. There's literally nothing you could do to go to hell EXCEPT not believe in Jesus

Everything was cursed so that you would be born into a cursed world and know in your heart that something is seriously wrong.

It is an act of love
>God is love
>This triune God wants to have 'Sons' that are just like him
>Makes angels who magnificent, powerful, beautiful and gracious. Though not as much as him.
>Everything is fine and dandy for everyone till few decide they want to replace God or they got jealous us because God told them what was coming: The first fall.
>Now God needs to fix this but also get what he wanted earlier.
>Decides to create matrix simulation called life
>Creates a much weaker 'son'
>Devil corrupts him as well
>But this time he starts a long ass interaction with this fallen 'son' spanning millenia
>he speaks to him like a father to 5 year old: gives him laws for mundane things and punishments for breaking, shows him a part of himself, his love but also justice and fairness
>his final act is to die for this 'son'
>in this way he fullfills all the little things he taught to his child
>God gets his well taught 'son' that he can keep with him forever.

Meanwhile,
>the fallen angels still think they can win, still hacking plans
>but God by knowing the future already knows how to deal with his every move
>he inevitably ends up helping God

And by knowing the future..
>God already knew man and the angels would fall
>So he made sure every bit of the 'sons' life gave a slice of him, i.e in marriage, in children and in being children
>the way the simulation would pan out and who would be saved were all known in the beginning.

So all people who existed before Jesus and after Adam are in hell?

What Mormons believe has nothing to do with Jesus.

This is what I hate about religious faggots
You never learn anything.
To you it's God, ALL important.
Everyday should contain religious studies espeacially into dead languages and studies in history and anthropology, to you your internal soul is on the line.
Nietzsche had it right you are slaves,
and my caveat you are abomination of what humanity can be.

Heres a hint...it comes from an equestrian anus...

You still worship the jew god.

Christianity is still rooted in Judaism. The first few books of your bible are the torah. It's literally called Judeo Christianity. It originated in Israel. It literally is Judaism except you believe the Messiah has already come whereas Jews are still waiting.

Jesus hates sin, so I'd say that's not a very good plan if you actually believe that He is God.

If jesus died for my sins, then I have a free pass to do what I want and still go to heaven.

Well they do share those first few books, tradition, tribal origin, moral framework, prophets, etc.

But nah, they're not related

They were in Hades before Jesus died, aka Paradise, aka the Bosom of Abraham. Jesus tells the story of that place in Luke, of a certain rich man and a beggar named Lazarus.

When Jesus died, He descended to Hades, to Paradise, and led those captives free, to heaven. So Paradise is empty; anyone dying in Christ after the resurrection goes straight to heaven.

The other side of Hades, the hot tormented side, is still occupied. They're awaiting trial, with no counsel, and they stand condemned already by their unbelief. They will then have the opportunity to prove to God that they are as He is, fail, and be cast into the lake of fire.

God created Adam already knowing he would sin and that the Israelites would worship false idols. He literally knew from the getgo. Why bother??

why do you fags keep blaming the jews for everything bad that happens to you. fuck off

The forgiveness of sins is not salvation.

Salvation is salvation, and it was made possible by the forgiveness of sins.

If you want to be saved, confess with your mouth, that is to say out loud that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart God raised Him from the dead. Do this, and you will be saved. (Romans 10:9)

Hades = purgatory?

God revealed himself through the fulfillment of the Jewish religion in Jesus Christ. Jews deny Christ. Jews are of satan. You think it's a coincidence that jewry is so much of what's wrong with the world? It's because they're fucking evil man. Literally.

He died as a man who would forgive any other man of a conceived sin. ( I say 'conceived' because kikes made up sins as they went along). Being a mere man who would forgive any person, how much more would the Father forgive?

Lestrawmanface.jpg

If you truely believe that, then that work as defence in judgement. But remember God is the judge here. He knows.

Read my post

Because He also knew that a billion of us would choose to be adopted into His family and live with Him forever.

There are costs and benefits to most things. Key is to be a benefit.

This. And also Islam is the religion of the antichrist and Mohammed was a false prophet, just saying.

Where do you get that idea? He gave Adam free will. He gave Jesus free will.

As simple as possible: if you accept Him as your savior and guide in life - you will be able to enter Paradise, a place of perfection and unbound joy. And for a spot in new world that He's going to create after resurrection ( point at which you will get a new body - spiritualized one that's not capable of biological death or suffering - unless the verdict is that you can't enter the Kingdom ).

Otherwise without accepting Him, you will not be able to enter Paradise - but there might be a chance for you after resurrection - because all will be judged then based on every single detail of their life - regardless of their religious beliefs.

( so virtuous pagans have to spend some of their after life inside hell - although without suffering - until second coming )

Jews of today =/= Jews before the time of Jesus

No, there is no Purgatory. Hades was a two compartmented afterlife where the ones God made righteous went to Paradise, and the ones God did not went to Torment.

Everyone in Paradise was led to heaven by Jesus when He arose.

Everyone in Hades right now is doomed.

There is a gulf between the two that none may cross.

Gods all knowing right? He knew that Adam would sin. Why even bother giving him free will? Why bother creating an imperfect being? Why would he want to create anything in the first place?

There's also no compansion for souls in hell if you're in Paradise - because you're a spirit there - the biological relationship no longer takes an act in judging and interpreting reality - everything is revealed to you directly from God, including His judgement.

Technically its god putting on the life of a man and going through all the fucking bullshit his creations go through their lives only to just die in the end and not to be called a cheater he went and picked the life path where you are absolutely fucked - a religious nonaffiliated prophet in ancient palestine

Its also supposed to mean that ALL life matters and even the lowliest scum should be given a chance to repent, even if you know they won't, its just noble and human to do so and separates us from nonsentients who dont give a fuck.

Then the jews and christians watered it the fuck down

isn't suicide considered a sin?

>stubs toe
>"wahh the jews did this"
fuck off idiot

What denomination are you, if I might ask?

Purgatory is straight from scripture. It's in the Book of Maccabees, which is just one of many books that Protestants took out when they created their version of the bible circa ~1500 years after Christ. Look it up, I'm not making this stuff up.

You explained this better than any pastor has ever done for me. Thanks user.

Let's ask the A.I.

I miss the old jew-ye, straight from the soul jew-ye

He already created prefect beings- Angels (which I might add, he created before mankind). Part of experiencing life in God's image is having the capacity to do evil.

Did you think there were 2000 year old Jews running around? Er, wandering around?

If Jesus was God, knew he was God, and knew with perfect foreknowledge that he would rise again after being crucified, what exactly was sacrificed? Doesn't a sacrifice necessarily entail actually losing something? So Jesus didn't actually lose his life, he knew going in that he wouldn't, and he's still God afterward. Seems like a shell game, doesn't it?

Omniscience and free will are incompatible. If God knows what you are going to do before you do it, then you cannot ever deviate from that outcome. You have as much free will as a rock rolling down a hill.

So either drop God's omniscience (at the very least, in relation to human action), or drop free will. Otherwise, the belief system makes literally no sense.

He doesn't dictate individual actions.

That sort of predestination crap is Calvinist in nature.

>compansion
I'd say I learned a new word today, but I still don't understand how that word is applicable to this conversation.

As Jesus revealed in Luke, the people in Hades knew who they were, were comforted and tormented (the rich man was in torment; he begged for a drop of water for his tongue).

So what you mean by the usage of that word is that God will directly enter knowledge into me, so that I will know Him as He knows me? I can live with that.

He doesn't have to dictate anything, he just has to be able to know it for free will to disappear. The fact that he can even know what you will do makes free will non-existent. He doesn't actually have to look into your future to invalidate it.

See

It was very painful to be tortured and die.

I'm just a plain vanilla born again evangelical young earth creationist pre-trib pre-millennial priest after the Order of Melchizedek looking forward to ruling and reigning with Jesus Christ over the world for a thousand years.

What's a few hours of pain to an all-powerful, eternal being?

Something that does not belong in the bible cannot be taken out of the bible.

As there is no purgatory in the bible, and as the "evidence" for purgatory in the bible is the bema seat judgment where saved people with zero rewards are saves as though by fire, no.

It was a hoax designed to separate fools from their money, and it was spectacularly successful.

compassion*

But since he didn't die in a meaningful sense, and was just resurrected right after (since God can't die anyway), the only "sacrifice" was a bit of torture. That doesn't seem like the ultimate sacrifice since plenty of people got worse than that and they didn't even get resurrected.