What's the best high school movie and why will it always be Heathers?

What's the best high school movie and why will it always be Heathers?

Bumb

It's Die Hard, no question about it

because of the scrunchie

>you will never be humiliated and spiritually-crushed by a sociopathic Chad who steals the same girl from you twice

Fast Times

this

Fast Times is the GOAT

jesus christ fuck this movie

Hey, don't forget to blame the dumb whore. And I'd also blame the retard himself for being so innocent and trusting. Tough film

What a complete piece of human waste.

I've never seen such a bad movie in such a simple hard-to-fuck-up genre.

Also, Sean Penn is a cunt.

you have shit taste

says the guy chewing on a mouthful of shit.

Mean Girls

Fast Times is a brilliant slice-of-life tale based on an undercover reporter's actual experience observing high school students and their lives

34 years later and it's still considered the most seminal work of the 'high school' genre. Of course there is no accounting for fags like you, but you're in the minority. They show this movie every year at my local theater and it's always packed

Heathers is great. These are all good.

Aside from the usuals, I really like 3 O'Clock High. Pretty standard bully fights nerd story, but the whole aesthetic of the film is really original and done great.

Quality variation is big in this image. Is it already ranked there?

> 80's clothing fashion
> cocaine

shocker those two went hand in hand.

Do you have something against either, buddy boy?

>3 O'Clock High
My fucking nigga. I came into this thread to post that movie.

>and why will it always be Heathers?
Because that man loves his dead gay son

sorted by highest letterboxd rating first.

for me its always Better Off Dead

youtube.com/watch?v=J6BA3wstTyA

High school films we so much more sexual in the 80s and 90s

It's kind of weird

grease

Kids had sex more before the internet

This is statistically true

What is the The Last Picture Show of our era? Is there one?

No

Was it really a weird thing back then to not lose your virginity by senior year like its portrayed in movies? Because were I grew up, like, 70 percent of my year were virgins in senior year.

I prefer Dazed and Confused personally

>look up ending of movie
>mfw the Karen/Gary relationship in essence happened to me only more drawn out, and in some ways worse

Yeah, that must be a lapse of that other guy. Fast Times is lots of fun, but Dazed and Confused is better and much more seminal as a hs film.

I'm writing a high school movie currently. Any notes for me so that will help me capture the feel of the current generation of high school students?

The faculty

They're not interesting enough to write a film about, set it in the past, see the big nostalgia bucks roll in.

some of the situations are predicated on social phenomena that occured within the last decade. Pushing it to 15 years ago would be a stretch.

However, in general, period pieces sell these days and I agree with you.

no one is going to buy a period piece about something that happened a few years ago

High school didn't just start a few years ago.

no one is going to buy a movie written by a retard either.

High school never ends

>Picking anything but Dazed and Confused

You guys aren't really as dumb as you look, right? Maybe you are... but I've been told to bet on dumb so it will probably will sell.

How old are you?

>main kid kissed the teacher
>end of the movie she invites him over to her house
Movie really surprised me.