If aliens came down to Earth right now and they asked you to make a list of the 5 best discographies from the 20th and...

If aliens came down to Earth right now and they asked you to make a list of the 5 best discographies from the 20th and 21st centuries combined which groups / artists would you give them?

Mine:

>Talking Heads
>The Legendary Pink Polkadots
>Gorrilaz
>David Bowie
>Radiohead

Other urls found in this thread:

articles.latimes.com/2013/sep/12/entertainment/la-et-cm-voyager-1-music-in-space-20130912
youtube.com/watch?v=Rjt82Wd8Ai4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>My Chemical Romance
>Converge
>Faust
>Coil
>Godspeed You! Black Emperor

Smashmouth
Lil Peep
Disturbed
Radiohead
BrokeNcyde

What do Aliens have to do with it?

Run the jewels trilogy
Uhhhhhhh
Shit.

>David Bowie
is an alien, doesn't count

because they have 0 knowledge of human music

you can choose any disc, from any country

they will take it home with them and present it in museums teach it in universities and study it, but only the 5 discogs you give them. they never come back for 500 more years.

t. dab

why are we assuming aliens can hear sound as pleasurable? maybe they would memorize the vibration in three seconds and then avoid it as noise

nigga this isn't /sci/

I'd just tell them to check out stuff like Vivaldi and Wagner and then ask them to take me with them.

they always get bach

articles.latimes.com/2013/sep/12/entertainment/la-et-cm-voyager-1-music-in-space-20130912

yeah but they already have these

ok so why do they need music if they are the same as us and are simply dumb about our music? realize like we only have our understanding of music because we're human and have all the associations with being human. the lyrics aren't gonna mean shit to them. the sounds might be terrifying, someone being all romantic or angry on a song could be heart attack-inducing. we as people don't even know how much we ruin ourselves with music because we force it upon ourselves in every store and social situation

why did you make me listen to gorillaz, now i wipe out your planet

>King Crimson
>Talking Heads
>Outkast
>Kanye West
>Death Grips

hi, i'm 21 and starting to get serious about music as more than just a hobby. here you go, aliens

This

Sagan and NASA were right when they sent out the golden record.

Bach.

And the like three of his kids because his talent was semenal. And then PDQ Bach for laughs.

aliens like bach
youtube.com/watch?v=Rjt82Wd8Ai4

I'd tell them to fuck off and go listen to stuff to find out that they like instead of expecting others to tell them what they should like.

yeah bruh like don't come here expecting to be spoonfed. look at the essentials chart m8

>Megadeth
>Alice In Chains
>Stone Temple Pilots
>Spacesuit
>Black Sabbath

>Radiohead
>Stevie Wonder
>The Beatles
>Kanye West
>Brand New

>whitehouse
>nurse with wound
>merzbow
>sunn o))))
>junko

The Beatles
Kanye West
Kishi Bashi
Fleet Foxes
Tame Impala

yeah too bad OP said from the 20th and 21st centuries you spergs

Sanulrim
Talking Heads
Legendary Pink Dots
Opeth
Ryuichi Sakamoto.

Beyoncé
Eminem
Muse
U2
Coldplay

Simón Díaz
Spinetta
Can
Robert Rich
John Cage

xd

>Gorillaz

>John Coltrane
>Stravinsky
>Bob Dylan
>Fugazi
>The Beatles

Should give them a relatively decent understanding of jazz, 20th century classical, folk, punk, and pop/rock. I guess I should've included an electronic artist but I have no idea who

Animal Collective
Tim Hecker
Stars of the Lid
Joanna Newsom
Fishmans

I can get on board with this

And that's how the aliens came to think that we were a race of huge faggots.

Bill Evans
Bob Dylan
Frank Zappa
Jimi Hendrix
David Bowie