What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fYXJK1Dxy8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

women became funny

What year would you say it all went to shit?

owned by Viacom

same reason why MTV & MTV2 broadcast propaganda instead of music videos

started hiring unfunny comedians

most of them women

>lost colbert
>lost dailyshow
>brickleberry
>tosh.o
>amy schumer
>couldn't keep up the quality of futurama
>half of the schedule is reruns

They canceled Strangers With Candy.

Dave Chapel left

They forgot who their demographic was, drunk college students and stoners. Now they try to appeal to hipsters and women.

My channel guide says it has award winning hits like Dr. Katz, so it must be when they cancelled Dr. Katz.

Nathan taking too long to make season 3.

The first two seasons were okay but it all went down hill from there. Mediocre and dull stories only for idiots.

The early 2010s

Colbert and Jon Stewart became less edgy
South Park declined in quality
Brickleberry
Amy Schumer

Key and Peele was pretty good

looking back on it I think you're right. It's a comedy network so they are going to have black comedy and those guys did a pretty good job.

Beats airing Kat Williams specials

>Beats airing Kat Williams specials
Yes those are the worst on comedy central, they might as well just air a 90 minute beep.

They lost Colbert to CBS and Oliver to HBO.

Colbert leaves, then Oliver leaves for HBO, at which point a chain reaction happens where when Stewart bails, he has no one to fall back on except Samantha Bee (who is disqualified from the running by CC for having a production deal in place with TBS for what became Full Frontal) to replace him.

Wilborn is a flop of epic proportions but survives solely due to Stewart carrying his ass and when Noah took over, it all went to hell and back and he gets fired. With the Daily Show in ruins, CC is without a flagship that people watching year round.

>CC is without a flagship that people watching year round.
@midnight

Only thing they have going for them now is South Park which is long past its prime. But it's basically a choice between moldy, stale bread and nothing.

Dr. Katz was amazing

Comedy Central in its prime relied on Jon Stewart's Daily Show, Colbert Report, South Park, Chappelle Show, and various stand-up specials.

Now, in 2016, they've lost Jon Stewart and I think it's safe to say that Trevor Noah has failed to fill his shoes, they lost the Colbert Report, South Park is past its prime (I still think its better than some of the naysayers here would have you believe, but it's clearly not as good as it once was), they lost Chappelle Show, and people can find stand-up from other sources now (Netflix).

Basically, they've lost a lot of the prime material that they once relied on, and they have failed to find replacements. I think they got comfortable riding a handful of quality shows for so long that they weren't ready to come up with new material to replace them.

How much longer do you think Broad City has ?

>they cancelled TV Funhouse
shit was comedy gold
youtube.com/watch?v=fYXJK1Dxy8U

FUCK trump and FUCK white people

around 2009 i think

"Funny"

it wasn't canceled. they just took a little fudge break