Can someone fucking explain this album art to me? Was the silver ball traveling up the center line...

Can someone fucking explain this album art to me? Was the silver ball traveling up the center line? Or was it dropped there? Could it be rolling down?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_shedding
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vortex_shedding

Also I’m pretty sure metal ball is a meditation technique

to me the middle orange/red line is a deep trench, the metal ball is dropped and caused some ripples. some interdimensional shit. I heard the art war inspired by older abstract covers of the 70s

okay that makes sense.

neeeerd

i want whatever kevin's on

It's a vagina.

duuuuuuuuude

Holy shit I was looking up some info on this album and it says Kevin Parker wrote, recorded, produced and performed the whole album himself, as in actually playing and recording every single instrument
What the fuck

hes done that for every tame impala album I believe

Yeah Tame Impala is just a stage name for Kevin, its not really a band.

that's a fuckiung huge clit

Wtf I love tame impala now

Holy shit. Do we make them when we walk around?

>plays all the instruments and produces
>still has no talent
how is this possible?

Full respect to this guy, I like tame impala even more atm

he only plays with a band for live performances, that band then became Pond, who released a great album this year.

so essentially Tame Impala and Pond are the same bands with same members except Kevin isn't the frontman for one of them?

I MAAY NOT BEEEE AS

HONEST AS I OUGHT TO BE NOW

WHEN THE WALLS GO UP I

it is very new in here.

fresh off the schoolbus new.

you're just getting suckered into thinking tame impala isn't derogative nonsense.
currents is good for the first half though.

SAID IT DIDN'T WORRY ME BUT

IT HIT ME AND
I
CANNOT
HOLD
IT IN

>d-do I fit in yet guise

Currents is their best album.
The best album of 2015.
And top 3 for this decade.

i don't understand this opinion

he's a fucking gifted pop songwriter

lonerism will go down as one of the defining records of the decade and there's not a thing you can do about it

now fuck off and listen to einsturzende neubauten or whatever mallgoth faggots like you masturbate over

It used to be like that, but then the members of Pond got bored of Tame Impala and left (they're still friends tho, Kevin produced their last album)

>Currents is their best album.
agree but that isn't hard to accomplish - only one that isn't complete plagiarism and where he at least tried something different and interesting
>The best album of 2015.
not even close
>And top 3 for this decade.
my sides

>Can someone fucking explain this album art to me?
Read a book.

It's about our existence.

What's your favorite album of 2015 (and top 5 for the decade?)

I imagine it's some try hard bullshit that isn't actually enjoyable to listen to and overhyped by pseudo intellectuals.

This might be also what it was meant to look like.
But it's also comparing to two and comparing existence itself as sex. Like it has the same pattern.

Jay Watson apparently is under credited on it (rumour in Perth going around).

Jay also played on some stuff from Kevin's earlier albums, right? I think he even had some writing credits.

you lot fucked your brains up with drugs before they'd even developed didn't you

not that dude but mine was Vega INTL Night School. Currents is nowhere near top 10 for the decade so far but it's a good record

If it was dropped there would be ripples in all directions. Based on the ripple affect alone, it is traveling along the red line to the top left corner

No I just learned about spirituality. Read a book.
I said it 'looks like' too. That doesn't mean it is like that.

Vega intl. flight school is a pretty solid album, don't get me wrong.
Solid 8/10 or so in my opinion.

Currents is tied for my 2nd favorite album of all time though, so I can't give it anything less then the best.

just banter

you keep saying read a book but I wouldn't have the slightest fucking clue which book you'd be referring to

Basically after you've read enough you'll start to see it. Try something on bhuddism/hinduism maybe. Might click something.

honestly can't wait for whatever kevin does next

I hope he makes an album to be listened to on ketamine

How convenient

i have the tibetan book of the dead somewhere

I don't really know how far that would get me desu. I'm still reading existentialist stuff atm

If you're so very well-read, why not make a real recommendation?

Because if I said the Torah I would get some weird looks in these parts.

Clearly this album art is made to look like a vagina. The fluid vortex and currents are just to made it doesn't see to clear

this album is very sexual tho if you never had sex while listening to it, you should.

whoops I dropped my marble in some weird lines

Name a worse album with better art

AM

how the fuck did you not already know that?

>defends a mallgoth band
>accuses someone he disagrees with to be mallgoth

Not even a fan but how the fuck can you call Tame Impala mallgoth lmao

how is tame impala mallgoth you fucking spastic

you're new here

The fluids shown on the cover of this album are not behaving in an even remotely physical way.

the trent reznor of psych pop

Disagree
Disagree
Disagree

pleeeb

Not that dude either but here are my answers:
2015: Carrie and Lowell

Top 5 2010s: AMSP, Blackstar, Lonerism, Knife Man, Twin Fantasy

when is it not

and speak, breathe, or move in any way

>anything remotely accessible is pop

>tame impala
>mallgoth

lol

you can see the outer lips, the inner lips and a big huge clit.

it's a vagina.

people like you actually need to leave Sup Forums and never come back

do you even know what pop music is

>derogative

Derogative? Do you mean derivative? Derogative isn't a word pal

>h-he's a fucking gifted pop songwriter!!!
No, he's not. Gifted would imply skillful to an exceptional degree.
>Lonerism will go down as one of the defining records
So did Nevermind, and a lot of people hate that. There's tons of records that "define generations" that people don't even like, and have every right to call bad. Mallgoth faggots? Where are you getting this information from? I didn't even say a thing about my taste and you accuse me of being a "mallgoth".

>No, he's not. Gifted would imply skillful to an exceptional degree.
he is clearly exceptionally skillful, even if you personally dislike his music. not even the guy you're replying to

The silver ball isn't moving. The album is called currents ffs stop being such a brainlet

Sorry, falsetto whining over 3 chords isn't exactly what I consider "gifted".

AM has shit art

A string is pulling the ball through a still body of water, that's why the line is straight in front and ripples are forming behind.

>reductionism

nah

he is exceptionally skillful, he's produced universally acclaimed and revered pop records enjoyed both by critics and the normie crowd at large and he did it on his own

your second point doesn't make any sense
this is just hilarious and embarrassing for you

the album's even worse

>I learned a multisyllable word today
nah. How about an argument next time?
>universally acclaimed
appeal to authority. I don't care who is acclaimed in this era. Kanye and Kendrick are "universally" acclaimed. Means nothing to me.

It makes plenty of sense. The user said IT'S GOING TO BE A DECADE DEFINING RECORD. Maybe so, doesn't make it good. This is also an era where Mac Demarco will be a "decade defining artist". That =/= good or of merit.

>this is hilarious
Nice argument.

you all guys are missing the point that this album's art is a vagina.

Stop derailing the thread.

>How about an argument next time?
that was the argument. first of all, i can't even think of one tame impala song with only 3 chords, and "falsetto whining" is just a non-argument. there are great melodies in most of his songs

NOW I GOTTA ADD YOU TO MY LIST OF PEOPLE TO TRY AND FORGET ABOUT.....

All he does is falsetto. And no, his melodies are not great, they're bland as fuck, just like the rest of the music. About as basic as you can get.

>All he does is falsetto

not true, but even if it were it doesn't matter.

>melodies are not great

objectively wrong

>presents a flawed argument
>somebody shows you your flawed argument
>heh, how bout an argument next time?

basically all your argument relies upon is whether you like Tame Impala or not, and it doesn't matter whether you do or not the fact remains that he has conquered pop music on his own

give kevin's dick a big suck for me

Tame Impala is like the Coldplay of the 2010s. You're praising his melodies when he's about on that level of blandness. The only difference is TI has the DUDE REMEMBER THE PAST LMAO gimmick.

if you can't tell the difference in songwriting quality between tame impala and coldplay you should get the fuck off this board

why is it bland? his sonic palette way surpasses most of his contemporaries

the fact he wraps it up in memorable melodies is why TI is so popular

yeah and that retro gimmick is one of the main aesthetic components of the last decade of music in case you hadn't noticed

Okay, say that's true, take down my other points.
>Relies upon whether you like Tame Impala or not
Hmmm almost like everyone else in this thread.
>he's a gifted songwriter!!
As if that means anything at all
>He has conquered pop music on his own
With lowest common denominator music and a corny gimmick, which isn't exactly difficult.
>Sonic palette
We get it, he uses uber cool effects pedals and synths. He's just lightyears ahead of bland pop music.
>One of the main aesthetic components of the last decade
>Everyone is doing it so it must be good
and as if that doesn't make it even more played out. Half of you Tame Impala fans won't admit that is a part of their gimmick.

>pop is a lower form of music

bye

Hey, pretentious neet, what the fuck do you listen to thats not pop. Gimme your 10 favourite albums in no particular order

I agree if you are only talking about Currents. Innerspeaker and Lonerism are fucking great and better albums.

Never said pop is a lower form of music.
>Gimme your 10 favorite albums
I don't see how that's relevant to the argument

>I don't see how that's relevant to the argument
What argument?
Im asking you something, dont be a dumbo