Doctor Who General - /WHO/

The Doctors - Fuck Records Edition

Last thread: Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=4ryp8bNrKiU

Other urls found in this thread:

denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-who/45996/doctor-who-the-return-of-doctor-mysterio-spoiler-free-review
twitter.com/TomSpilsbury/status/809174212388802560
youtube.com/watch?v=uRXsWd1SEh8
denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-who-series-10/37701/doctor-who-series-10-new-details-from-christmas-special-launch
telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/doctor-2016-christmas-special-return-doctor-mysterio-first-look/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cutest Companion

I Have a Legitimate question is the 6th doctor season worth watching? I always heard bad things about him and the Doctor who movie.

No but he is worth listening to.

if the doctor made a full body suit out of psychic paper could he impersonate anyone he wants

Not surprising he already has the worst doctor outfit in doctor who. I do need to get into the audio books. if i was gonna pick one too buy which one would it be. I was thinking about one with river song

well when the doctor uses his psychic paper he usually says who he is before showing the paper to get the person hes tricking to think up whats on the paper. so if he was walking in the streets and someone saw him before he talked to him. they could unconsciously think up anything hes wearing.

>Like a milk man outfit, astronaut, african tribal uniform, naked, etc

not the scientist outfit hes trying to scam him with

>The Zygon story was good too, but the hamfisted leftist politics wear on me.

>hamfisted leftist politics

>Arguably one of best Doctor speeches in the show's history goes viral on internet, and still trends over a year later when a clip appears on Youtube.

I didn't find it wearing, user.

will they ever have Nu Who The five doctors special including the Doc from the movie?

It's funny cause regardless of the rest of the episode, his speech at the end did also BTFO both sides/sjw types

I haven't listened to the River Song audios but I've heard good things about them from people who aren't even that big on River Song normally so maybe. But I'd name Spare Parts, Jubilee and The Chimes of Midnight as the holy trinity of GOAT audios.

we already had that

>Nu Who

Yeah, I remember how remember butthurt Jack Graham was over the Doctor just saying that hey maybe you shouldn't start a revolution that'll just kill millions of people on both sides and probably fail anyway.

well it's not classic who, is it?

that was arguably better than the day of the doctor and Davison had to push it and do it himself, made the phone calls, wrote the script, personally asked the celebrity's to be in the special. because BBC didn't want anything to do with it. -_-

you god damn know what i mean user

denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-who/45996/doctor-who-the-return-of-doctor-mysterio-spoiler-free-review

>I don’t remember enjoying a Christmas special this much since The Christmas Invasion.

Shit, the Xmas special is getting surprisingly good reviews. Get hype /who/!!

Are we doing Christmas /Who/ like last year? I had a lot of fun sending a few people gifts. We should set something up again.

>"There’s a job that needs to be done, and it’s not a job that the Doctor can do on his own. Nardole is there to help him. It’ll all become clear"

THE WATCHER

Why can't the Doctor have a male companion who he doesn't want to fuck? All the hamfisted love stories between the characters are starting to get a bit boring.

I don't think there's enough people around to get one going. The hiatus has fucking crippled this general, there's barely anyone left, thankfully we're almost out of the woods though

>Why can't the Doctor have a male companion who he doesn't want to fuck?

That's literally Nardole.

>Nardole
He was in one episode, he's not a companion. It's kind of sad you had to go to a one off Christmas special.

>he doesn't know
Nardole's going to be in this month's Christmas special as well as series 10.

user, he's returning to be a co-companion for Series 10. He's been filming for several episodes and he's going to be the companion for next week's Christmas special as well.

I don't recall him ever wanting to fuck Ian, or Ben, or Jamie, or Turlough or Adric or Chang, or Rory. Or any of the male companions that are in novelizations.

What do you want for christmas /who/?

so you didn't pick up on all the subtext?

A good doctor who episode.

this. I didn't even know about the audiobooks until I took a chance and got a decent collection of pie audios for next to nothing via humblebundle.

They're good to toss on in the background

>implying 2 wouldn't have ravaged Jamie's ass if Jamie had been up for it

>/who/ thinks it's gonna be shit
>critics say it's the best Christmas special

Who's gonna win?

As if critics were ever right. They are bumping their rating of episodes beyond reason. Best things ever is the new mediocre.

Critics also said Kill the Moon was amazing

ABB is back.

Reminder it's gonna be better than Heaven Sent

twitter.com/TomSpilsbury/status/809174212388802560

youtube.com/watch?v=uRXsWd1SEh8

It was

>A delight, this. The Return Of Doctor Mysterio is that rarest of Doctor Who Christmas specials, in that Christmas is barely in it. It certainly takes place at Christmas, but this time around it’s more a background feature. The lashings of snow, the assorted Santas and snowmen, and the jingly Yuletide music are notable by their absence. A fun gag near the start, and the festive stuff is pretty much done with.

This episode is sounding better and better now. I'm hype.

All of the RTD specials did this and all of the RTD specials were GOAT

GET
HYPED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

denofgeek.com/uk/tv/doctor-who-series-10/37701/doctor-who-series-10-new-details-from-christmas-special-launch

>The Christmas special ends with a Coming Soon trailer, incidentally, teasing elements of what lies ahead. There’s a lot of Bill in the trailer, and a Dalek in there as well.

The Christmas Invasion was pretty mediocre though, this guy's opinion can be disregarded

>“I’m very aware that there is a section of the fanbase – who are maybe small, but certainly outspoken – who don’t approve of the idea that Nardole has been brought back. And based on what we’ve seen of Nardole in The Husbands of River Song, I do understand that, because it was a broad and brief performance, and it didn’t impact massively on the plot. It was very much a Christmas Special kind of character. It was a turn. It was a cameo. It was a bit of fun. Of course, if you performed at that level for the whole series, it would be insufferable. It wouldn’t be interesting to me as an actor, but also it just wouldn’t fit tonally with the series.”

>“[Nardole is] a bit more knowledgeable. He knows some secrets. Some people say – I’ve read on Twitter – ‘I quite liked Nardole, but why does he need to come back?’ Well, there is an answer. I can’t tell you why he needs to come back, but I can tell you that he does need to come back. There’s a job that needs to be done, and it’s not a job that the Doctor can do on his own. Nardole is there to help him. It’ll all become clear.”

>Daleks
Ugghhhhhhh

Give them a break.

they have to appear every year or they lose the rights

I know, but why cant they just do what they did in S6 and have them just as a cameo? Sick of Dalek stories - the last one was dire.

Christmas Invasion is GOAT

the last one was the best in awhile.

>It's also been confirmed (thanks DoctorWho.TV!) that writer Toby Whithouse will be back for series 10 with an episode that Moffat has described as "BRILLIANT".

Holy FUCK guys, Moffat called the Whitehouse ep brilliant, he fucking never does that, new GOAT practically confirmed??

There haven't been any memorable NewWho Dalek stories.
Into the Dalek springs to mind because of its concept, but the parallels with Dalek (chained up dalek, "You are a good dalek") let it down

>Series 10 trailer confirmed

YESSSS

The question though, will it be as GOAT as the series 5 teaser

Well he's not exactly going to say:
"Toby Whithouse is back again this year, and his episode is shit!"
Is he?

>comfy three people tardis team
>alien companion

S10 will be GOAT

telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/doctor-2016-christmas-special-return-doctor-mysterio-first-look/

>Matt Lucas’s Nardole, for now the Doctor’s companion of sorts, is a lovable highlight - both warm and hilarious.

/who/ OSTENSIBLY AND IRREVOCABLY BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Daleks are fine, there are much worse things to be fed up with. Like grumpy military leaders who openly mistrust the Doctor. Or bases under sieges in general.

isn't Nardole a human though? wasnt the planet he was on last year a human colony?
Confirmed comfy

Nardole is in all of Series 10.

Matt Lucas said he's a "non-human companion" in DWM.

it's probably just the scene from the bill clip

Alright, what the fuck is this job Nardole is doing? Is Nardole seriously the fucking key to the Series 10 arc?

Kill the Moon certainly puts the fiction into science fiction.

But seriously, it was an ok episode, I didn't dislike it. An entertaining 45 minutes of TV at worst.

It was the GCSE science grade B armchair scientists that jumped on the "B-b-but it's just WRONG. A chicken can't lay an egg as big as itself" bandwagon, failing to realize that an alien creature may have a biology completely unlike anything seen on Earth.

Then the "B-b-but... it's anti-abortion!!!!" crowd jumped aboard too.

The moral dilemma (the entire core of the episode) didn't make any fucking sense.

Time needs a champion

>Nardole is the key to all of this. - Steven Moffat

He's going to be the reason 12 dies isn't he ;_;

How so?

B...b...but capeshit doesn't belong in Doctor Who!!

>the centerpiece to Moffat's final series is fucking Nardole

Why

maybe nardole is from a race of aliens that can't blink, so he defeats the weeping angels

Holy fuck. Nardole IS the series 10 arc.

The Series 6B trailer had a Dalek in it too.

>yfw River instructed Nardole to watch over The Doctor

How the fuck is that even a choice. Seven BILLION people or one space dragon baby. It's like the train problem on steroids. And to top it off, Clara lets the planet vote and then goes against their wishes anyway, endangering billions of lives and faces no real repercussions for doing so.

OOOOH BEYBEH THEY TASTE SO SWEET

It's not really him it's is Missy in disguise.

Missy is in an episode with Nardole though.

>The Impossible Boy

Nardole is the next Doctor.

Screenshot this.

I fucking hate this meme

>*farts loudly*

I'm sure after 9 years someone's thought of this, but if you're looking at an Angel through a CCTV camera, it won't move will it? I think that happened with Amy in The Time of Angels. But what if you were recording it with a camera while looking away? Would you be able to watch the footage and see it move?

Nardole is cute. CUTE!

>The dilemma
>Kill an innocent creature to save the human race
>Or not kill it, and see what happens.The human race may survive anyway.

Made sense to me.

She most likely has his head in her TARDIS. This is why Nardole has a body now. It's not him.

what if 12 is bisexual and falls in love with nardole?

Nah, Twelve has good taste.

i'm tellin' ya, Nardole is the Celestial Toymaker without memories or god-like powers, and in a cruel twist he was forced to take on the appearance of his servant Cyril.

Why, user?

that would be GOAT

He is scared it might be true.

Fucking Daleks REEEEEEEEE.
Pls no more. I actually hate them now.

>Audience warms to Nardole over the course of the series
>In the finale it's revealed the Toymaker was using Nardole's body as a host
>He leaves it and Nardole dies

;_;

Nardole is actually my favourite character he's awesome

THE WATCHER