Dunkirk trailer

Why no thread yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=F-eMt3SrfFU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=30zCrB42Mpg
youtube.com/watch?v=zwhP5b4tD6g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Might hit the mark

Nolan is going Tim Burton mode with his use of Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy so much

Why does he wear the mask?!

Nolan needs pfister back

No one cared who he was until he put on the mask.

Here's an even better trailer

youtube.com/watch?v=30zCrB42Mpg

Abysmal.

The music is way more interesting than the trailer.

lol this battle is famous for the germans NOT killing them

jesus christ

The trailer did seem visually quite flat compared to the usual tone of the trailers of his films but the music was indeed interesting.

Knowing me it'll probably just be a 40 second segment whipped up by some company and I'll forever be in search of an extended version.

Deleted scene where Nolan shows that Based Hitler did nothing wrong and it was the Jews behind it all.

I agree. The music is what's sticking with me. I'm getting some ambient electronic kinda vibes, reminds me of stuff like Burial, Radiohead, Tim Hecker, etc.

looks alright I guess.

World would've been much better off if you damn brits had just surrendered

>jericho siren
>on 109s

What was he wasting ammo for?

There's not much else to do with it, and it wouldn't be a waste if he hits.

Good ol' WW2.
The last time we had a clear-cut good guys vs. bad guys kind of war.
SInce then it's been shitstorm after shitstorm.

literally what is the point of this movie? It's just a bunch of brits standing around on a beach while Germans shoot at them and bomb them every once in a while? sounds fucking stupid

could do epic tank battle shit, makes boring arse dunkirk movie.

Meh, makes me just wanna watch Thin Red Line again instead

Why can't Sup Forums discuss films like reddit does? Just look at how witty, charming, insightful, and friendly everyone at reddit is. Sup Forums should try to be more like reddit

can't see the purpose of this movie. if it's properly done it would be brutal to watch. if it's not brutal to watch it would be pointless.

>epic tank battle

Go watch Battle Bots you faggot, nobody wants to see that lame shit

Actually it was the german fighting against the french while the english were beat a retreat

my wife's son loves reddit!

The Haxan Cloak
14 hrs ยท
After being a fan of Christopher Nolan since reading his diary of making 'Following' in Total Film magazine when I was a teenager, it feels great to have contributed music to this trailer.

summer 2017, stop it wait 6 months and than show me this shit

that trailer did not have to be 2 minutes

because it looks like the same old boring 3 hour nolan shit, plus this is just for oscar bait

christ

2017 saying 'no homo'.... fuck that place

Because you're blind and a newfag who doesn't use the catalog.

the scenes looked ridiculously good. credits to van Hoytema for that. Definitely gonna be kino of the year

>HURR i am hip guys
kys you jew

faggots

Honestly this. I wish Nolan would go back to movies like Memento or The Prestige. Now it just seems boring, but the plebs will eat it up no matter what at this point.

>another world war movie

not interested

I thought Nolan liked "grit" and "realism". Instead we're getting bloodless war and pompous speeches.

oy vey goyim thats fake news

IT'S A GREENBAND TRAILER YOU FUCKING IDIOT

I think it looks good, I'll defo watch it. Wanted to see a bit more Tom Hardy in the trailer.

Oh fuck off Pierre

Ya it's pretty embarrassing

>Look at this piece of shit movie with no blood or grit. Spielberg is a fucking hack I tell you.
>youtube.com/watch?v=zwhP5b4tD6g

Tfw the bad guys won

I think it's more about the Brits being stranded while the Germans are bombing and about to capture them, but then a shitload of Brit sailors hear about the situation and dozens of civilian boats rush out to rescue them.

It's a daring and crucial rescue mission. Brits today still refer to the "Dunkirk spirit" when there's a crisis and Brits all pull together as one to overcome, whatever the situation.

Germany did fumble the ball a bit too though. I heard that the tanks were held back because the Luftwaffe boss wanted to show off his planes to Hitler or something. And I read the French resistance were getting involved and got it in the neck after the Brits escaped, so I wonder if that'll be in the film.

There are better stories from WW2 (The British commando raids make enough material for 10 amazing films at least), but Dunkirk is quite a remarkable event in the war and is iconic in British history.

No bullshit Nolan philosophy, raw emotions and chaos. Now this is a trailer. Makes Dunkirk look even worse.

Everyone seems to have different ideas as to why the Germans stopped ranging from stretched supply lines, General amazement at just how far they'd actually gone, Wanting to negotiate peace and now apparently Luftwaffe wanting to show off.

Is tom hardy a german pilot? I really hope they show the good guys too.

>uncredited 109 pilot is Aidan Gillen

Spitfire cockpit, mate.

Just watched the entire movie in 1 trailer.
>tfw too intelligent for modern cinekinofilm

>French resistance

I laughed

Are all historical movies not worth watching because we know how they end?

Did the germans actually drop flyers taunting the brits like that

What's your problem? Historical inaccuracy or oxymoron? French partisans, French army, whatever, you know what I mean.

>Yet another WW2 movie
Jesus fucking christ

Ze Germans did it a lot. Quite a few countries got ones tailored to them.

If the Germans put literal sirens on their dive bombers to spook people, it wouldn't be surprising if they dropped propaganda leaflets.

When the USA had soldiers stationed in Britain the Germans dropped flyers on British soldiers calling them cucks. Not even joking, pic related.

Apparently the British soldiers would tear off the writing and have a little wank over the pictures.

Countries had whole governmental departments for shitposting back in the day.

>Your chefs have escaped by airplane.

Top bantz.

comical impact compared to partisan movements in yugoslavia and usssr

That is hilarious 10/10 psyops

means leaders idiot

And thus, a fetish was born.

>Kilroy's last name is Goldstein
Finally, the mystery is solved.

>alpha russians win the war
>fat americans clean up some irrelevant beach and claim THEY won the war
>brits, as usual, follow and never lead
>the french """"""resistance""""
Why are WW2 movies so innacurate?

because westerners cannot accept that there were battles on eastern front which, when viewed separately, each featured more carnage, suffering and outright ludicrous waste of "materiel" than every other front put together throughout the war.

it's hilarious to watch a movie that praises 400k people too scared to stand and fight.

This will be Fury-tier. All action and no substance.
All I want is another war movie like Das Boot.

There's a few of these. Really is similar to how Sup Forums treats German posters over the migrant situation now.

>too scared to stand and fight
Were you in charge of some of the brilliant allied operations during WW1 by any chance?

Tell me again how the Russians won the Pacific. Don't go complaining about western triumphantism while engaging in the same mindset from a Slavic perspective.

ww1 and ww2 tactics have nothing to do with each other you mong. stukas should have been a dead giveaway.

so good?

What a delusional post full of pure bullshit.

>Brits today still refer to the "Dunkirk spirit" when there's a crisis and Brits all pull together as one to overcome
see: brexit vote. your shitty island literally can't even "pull together" to agree on your future

>iconic in British history.
>>we retreated to hole up and get bombed for 18 months straight! pride of the nation! stiff upper lip lads!

>brexit vote. your shitty island literally can't even "pull together" to agree on your future

It's a sign of the times. The internet is making people even more retarded.

>MUH PEARL HARBOR CHANGED EVERYTHING
>ok macarthur go kill useless japs over there, men have to fight a war here

Suicidal charges are equally effective in any conflict.

>stand and fight
>half your men killed or wounded and the survivors all captured
>for the chance to scratch some tanks and kill a dozen germans
Great work, Haig.

Dunkirk spirit doesn't mean Brits always agree on everything. Is there something wrong with your reading comprehension? "When there's a crisis..." A referendum is not a crisis you spaz.

And learn what the word iconic means. It doesn't mean "glorious victory."

Only good part about the trailer is the score done by the haxon cloak

and yet history has proven this to be necessary

lucky for human civilization, stalingrad wasn't dunkirk

>Anthropoid
>Dunkirk

Cillian Murphy back at WW2.

Stalingrad and Dunkirk are in no way comparable situations.

When the Germans first advanced into Russia, entire Russian cities were moved back. People who weren't fighting dismantled whole factories and shipped them east away from the fighting, then rebuilt them and got them working again.

It's called a strategic withdrawal and it's how you avoid losing your entire army on day one.

THATS A BIG BEACH

Lotta loyalty for a conscripted man!

Well congratulations, you got yourself caught!

>A referendum is not a crisis

No but selling out the future of the younger generations simply for muh nostalgia sure is. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but give it time for the seeds of retardation you sewed to bear fruit.

And I never said iconic meant victory. I'm saying that it's fucking pathetic that a large scale retreat driven by cowardice while leaving the french to get slaughtered is one of your guys' proudest military achievements. Iconic indeed if you have literally no respect for the brits.

Wow, will salty little liberals ever stop crying about the one time they didn't get their way?

I voted Brexit, buddy. I bet that really pisses you off. Kind of appropriate that this comes up in a WW2 thread, while we're talking about the last time British sovereignty was threatened from across the channel! Britain is doing fine, despite the fearmongering of you whiny losers.

>a large scale retreat driven by cowardice
Projecting a little there, are we? See . It's not cowardice to want to save the lives of your soldiers so that they can continue to protect your country from a foreign power that is trying to impose it's will on your nation. It's common sense, which seems to be in short supply nowadays.

the french did everything at dunkirk

Dunkirk is iconic because of the civilian boats involved in the rescue. Its not celebrated as a military achievement.

>SWIMS TO A CIVILIAN BOAT THINKING HE'S SAVED

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK BOYO!

I'm not sure what you are trying to say?

Redditors are not known for making sense. Especially trump supporting redditors