New Jeff Rosenstock Album

What do you guys think about the new Jeff Rosenstock album, POST-?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eoZ1FAJ9fUA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's
yeah
it's an album

Agreed lol. I liked WORRY more

yeah me too. will have to try to listen to Post more

I like that he sampled the melon tho, it really made me laugh when i heard it

wait when did this happen

Jeff's solo stuff is boring as fuck. I miss Bomb the Music Industry.

We LOVE Jeff and LOVE the new album! Most of us discovered his raucous punk music while mall shopping. I personally didn't even notice his songs at first, as they bled into the background, my grandma (who drove me to the mall) nudged me in the ribs and told me to pay attention to the sweet tunes coming out of a speaker hidden in a potted plant, and FUCK! I AM GLAD SHE DID!!! TEAM BERNIE! TEAM HILDAWG 4 THE WIN!!!

Holy shit I fucked up. Was listening to the ambient part of the last track and I had theneedledrop opened in another window and it was playing his top 50 albums of 2017. It fit so well that I thought jeff was doing a critique on the music industry, but nah it was just a ripoff of Low.

Hey guys, thanks a bunch that really means a lot to me, especially in these dark days. Keep tweeting and blocking traffic!!! WE can do this!

Honestly Let Them Win sounded better with anthony fantano rambling in the background

>basically rewrites Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It" and tacks on 4 minutes of drone
>Pitchfork 8.2 BNM

Most of the songs on this album sound like he wrote the lyrics first and then tried to cram them into whatever sloppy directionless vocal melody he could whip up in 2 minutes.

Thats Jeff
thats his shttick
write lyrics, and then whatever just yell it the same way he has done on any song.

soy doesn't turn you gay fyi

Fair, but his refrains on earlier albums are much more ... musical?

The opening of 9/10 in particular is terrible.

average jeff rostenstock fan

i was playing Gold Soundz in the car the other day and my friend said "the jeff rosenstock version is way better" and i fucking drove off a cliff

damn are you okay

This
It seems like he's gunna stretch this mediocrity as far as he can and that's all he'll be remembered for

I'm liking it so far, going to have to give it another listen. I don't know if I like it as much as WORRY, but I think its a much more interesting "protest" album than a lot of the more obvious takes from 2017

probably not but at least he took that heathen down with him.

We Cool? > I Look Like Shit > WORRY > Summer > POST

They're all good but it's definitely the weakest of the bunch.

its great but not even close to worry
it feels really short even though its his longest solo album

I thought that it was fucking fantastic and I hated Worry.
POST- is so fucking anthemic and I love how he lets his songs just grow and develop over lengthy periods of time. Its wonderful.

I know this board is going to call it a soyboy record, but fuck its good.

9/10

I love you guys! See you after the show!

guys, guys, guys. is there any punk-type music out there - fast tempo music with guitars- that isn't overtly soy politically or is pro masculine?

i mean, fugazi, bikini kill, the clash, sleater-kinney were very liberal but they were never actual pussies. fucking bikini kill and sleater-kinney have more balls than jeff rosenstock. is their any other good new non-soyboy punk or noise out there?

>that isn't overtly soy politically or is pro masculine
this is some peak autism

If you are actually concerned about being a soyboy you are a weak minded manlet just like Daddy Donald.

Fucking lol

it's alright, WORRY. is amazing though

Yes there are a lot of good modern punk bands but you sound like a soyboy so I'm not gonna tell you who they are because I don't need soys mixing in with us.

holy fuck this thread is so embarrassing lmao

album is pretty great but not as good as worry

I could only listen to a minute of USA before turning it off. Does this album have any musical merit, or is it just "muh relatable lyrics"?

fuckin lmao

youtube.com/watch?v=eoZ1FAJ9fUA

That's a nice cover

how soyboys sing

HAHAHAHAHA

Obsessed.

listening to it right now, im going to give a running commentary. Usa is making me tired and bored

they all have invisible apples in their mouths that taste better than any other apple they've ever had.

The second half of the album is where the music is actually decent

POST- is kino.