Borussia Dortmund

>Borussia Dortmund

>not located in Prussia

Explain it, my non white friendo

Prussia owned the rhineland

but it was

>club founded by polish immigrants who in revenge against their tightass priest named it after the local brewery which used the latin version of prussia for some reason

wtf I love Dortmund now!

Dortmund is located in former Prussia you fucking idiot

as is half of poland
nobody calls that prussian anymore though

But they did when the club was founded. Or are you implying that the club should've renamed themself to NRW Dortmund?

*they were

westphalians are catholic you dumbfuck
they are the anti-prussians

>westphalians are catholic you dumbfuck
Dortmund has been a protestant stronghold for centuries you dunce. And next time you should read the thread before you start to shitpost. >The club was founded on 19 December 1909 by a group of young men unhappy with the Catholic church-sponsored Trinity Youth, where they played football under the stern and unsympathetic eye of the local parish priest. Father Dewald was blocked at the door when he tried to break up the organizing meeting being held in a room of the local pub, Zum Wildschütz. The founders were Franz and Paul Braun, Henry Cleve, Hans Debest, Paul Dziendzielle, Franz, Julius and Wilhelm Jacobi, Hans Kahn, Gustav Müller, Franz Risse, Fritz Schulte, Hans Siebold, August Tönnesmann, Heinrich and Robert Unger, Fritz Weber, Franz Wendt and Benno Elkan. The name Borussia is Latin for Prussia but was taken from Borussia beer from the nearby Borussia brewery in Dortmund.[10] The team began playing in blue and white striped shirts with a red sash, and black shorts. In 1913, they donned the black and yellow stripes so familiar today.

>le wikipedia
yeah, i'm sure you have it all figured out

Never said that. But Dortmund being a protestant city in a catholic surrounding is hardly a secret.

>Einer Anekdote zufolge wurde der Zusatz „Borussia“ gewählt, weil an der Wand des Wildschützes eine Werbetafel der Borussia-Brauerei hing, die unweit des Borsigplatzes ihren Sitz hatte. Die Namenswahl ist daher wohl nicht als bewusster Ausdruck eines Nationalstolzes zu verstehen, auch wenn „Borussia“ die latinisierte Bezeichnung für Preußen ist.

>Einer Anekdote zufolge [...] daher wohl nicht als bewusster Ausdruck [...]

citation urgently needed! Considering all the Alemanias, Germanians and last but not least other Borussias/Preußens in club names, it's hard to believe that in this case it isn't a reference to the state of Prussia.
Sounds to me more like a bullshit story which was made up later because of >muh evil nationalism, >muh evil Prussia.

Only after the Zuzug of jobless Prussian peasants during the industrialisation.

>polish immigrants
You should take a look at the list of founding members, customer.

>get a pass from puliGOD
>dont score

see """prussian"""

Fuck off to Sup Forums my grandpa knew that beer story and he was born well before ww2.

Fuck off, it's like you don't even know that pretty much all Prussians were descendants of Germans from other regions, mainly northern Germany, but even Swiss, Bavarians, Swabians, who got land for moving east. This eastwards colonialism/germanisation started as early as under the saxon dukes/german kings Henry the Fowler and Otto I. with the subjugation of the Wendland slavs and establishment of German catholic dioceses.

Fucking uneducated Bavarians.

Its ok, at least your parents arent divorced like the casual citizen of bavaria

is this /bundes/?

I do

I am German

WE WUZ BISMARCK N SHEEEEEEEEET

we're all here

>Portugese Geography knowlage

It would make more sense if they were named Dortmundspor

>evil denmark strikes again

t. Deutschmark