I'll admit something. Radioactive was pretty damn ambitious for an Alternative Rock song. The bleak...

I'll admit something. Radioactive was pretty damn ambitious for an Alternative Rock song. The bleak, horrid imagery of the world crumbling at the folds, the fear that came with the uncertainty of what destruction would come next, and that epic chorus ushering in a new era of hell for the end of humanity, it all felt so grandiose, as if they were the summoners of darkness that purged the world into oblivion. Along with the jangly guitars that complimented the brooding industrial beat, it truly felt godlike compared to most other Indie Rock tracks of the time. Imagine Dragons had quite a bit of potential just emanating from that song alone.

Too bad they wasted it away on making generic Pop Rock garbage.

I still like Radioactive. No fucking shame.

Yep, still a great song. In fact, it would make a compelling opening track to a concept album.

I'll admit something. Never Gonna Give You Up was pretty damn ambitious for an 80s Pop song. The bleak, horrid imagery of the world crumbling at the folds, the fear that came with the uncertainty of what destruction would come next, and that epic chorus ushering in a new era of hell for the end of humanity, it all felt so grandiose, as if he were the summoner of darkness that purged the world into oblivion. Along with the jangly synths that complimented the brooding dance beat, it truly felt godlike compared to most other 80s Pop tracks of the time. Rick Astley had quite a bit of potential just emanating from that song alone.

Too bad he wasted it away on making generic Pop Rock garbage.

Wasn't meant to be a copypasta, but okay.

Radioactive was decent, It's Time was great

but every other single of theirs is watered-down commercialized boring garbage made for car commercials (even though Radioactive was probably in a few car commercials too)

And Nintendo Switch commercials, too.

I'll admit something. Born to Die was pretty damn ambitious for an 10s Pop song. The bleak, horrid imagery of the world crumbling at the folds, the fear that came with the uncertainty of what destruction would come next, and that epic chorus ushering in a new era of hell for the end of humanity, it all felt so grandiose, as if he were the summoner of darkness that purged the world into oblivion. Along with the jangly strings that complimented the brooding dance beat, it truly felt godlike compared to most other 10s Pop tracks of the time. Lana del Rey had quite a bit of potential just emanating from that song alone.

Too bad she wasted it away on making generic Alternative Pop garbage.

It even has the millennial whoop in there for good measure.

WHOAOH OH OH OHHH

I'll admit something. Carry on My Wayward Son was pretty damn ambitious for a 70's rock song. The bleak, horrid imagery of the world crumbling at the folds, the fear that came with the uncertainty of what destruction would come next, and that epic chorus ushering in a new era of hell for the end of humanity, it all felt so grandiose, as if they were the summoners of darkness that purged the world into oblivion. Along with the jangly guitars that complimented the brooding industrial beat, it truly felt godlike compared to most other Rock tracks of the time. Kansas had quite a bit of potential just emanating from that song alone.

Too bad they wasted it away on making generic Pop Rock garbage.

Have those exact opinions.

>tfw Vodafone kept spamming Om Top of the world for a fucking year

Fuck them

Fucking kek. You got me.

Huh? Radioactive literally like watered down U2 meets Mumford and Sons dubstep remix

I see the U2 comparisons, but it's not even close to Mumford and Sons, even as a "dubstep remix."

Nothing is meant to be copypasta

This made me think.

Good thread

Yep

Do people seriously have to make a post like this about liking Imagine Dragons on a board where people unironically praise Death grips?

I don't know what you mean my by this. Are you saying that Death Grips is shit and Imagine Dragons is better, or that Imagine Dragons is too "normie" to be discussed on a board that worships DG?

Saving the thread

Once more

this is now a devil's advocate thread

?

They would be great if all their songs were as good as radioactive

True.

Once more, with feeling