ROGUE ONE THREAD #17

Who else liked the new Star Wars movie?
>Amazing space battles (best I have ever seen)
>Tarkin plotting and imperial high-officer power battle
>Actually rooting for the rebels instead of the empire since they felt real for the first time. E.g. Rebel meeting regarding the attack against the tropical planet quickly escalated into politics and arguing (despite the protagonist efforts to get everyone to participate in a suicide attack which could very well be a trap as well)
>No "everyone survives for another sequel yay" ending - instead a satisfying ending at least to my opinion
>Vader clearing a rebel flagship full of rebels - alone. One rebel clawing at a stuck door, Vader promptly stabs through both the door lock and the rebel and the door opens - just for him to continue his rampage
>Hammerhead-class suicide attack to crash two imperial star destroyers together
>Death-star single reactor shots basically comparable to asteroid impacts / thousands of nukes
etc.

Remove the bazinga-robot from the main cast and it is almost perfect.

Anti-shills or people who have not seen the movie not allowed in this thread.

>"Check the catalog there are several threads already"
Don't care.

On a scale from 1 to 10, how would you rate the movie?

meh

6/10

its fucking shit

I would say a solid 8. Remove some silly aspects and it would be a 9 (waiting for a director cut or something).

I would rank only a handful of movies a full 10. So pretty good movie in that sense.

it's disney. there will be no director's cut, extended edition, or ultimate edition. this is what you have.

It was pretty good. 7/10 overall. The third act made it, of course. The climax could have been the greatest in the history of the franchise if I had cared more about the characters.

8 until the last 20 mins then 9.5 . Holy shit it kicks up and goes into some form of holy fuck mode.

this guy hasnt seen it.

So why the fuck did you give it a 10 on imdb

Yeah felt a strong sense of euphoria about from the moment the rebel fleet arrives - to the last moment.

Could not even stand up for a moment after the movie.

What makes you think I gave 10 score for the movie on IMDB?

Fucking shill fuck off it was almost as bad as TFA.

your op image

so third act is kino, everything else is shit? still, it kinda annoys me when people like jeremyjahns say the same exact thing and then give it an awesometacular rating. somehow, i doubt they'd give the same rating to other movies with shitty 1st and 2nd acts and awesome 3rd acts. there's way too many physical shills out there.

Again this person hasnt been. Literally shouldnt be giving an opinion without first seeing it.

fucking Americans, Just because we got it a day early.

i gave it a 1 to balance out you shills who give it 10

Are we blind?! Deploy the garrison!

please don't spoil it, I'm watching it tomorrow

Its ok, you'll change it after eventually watching the film.

im swedish, i saw it last night, it was shit

Literally who cares about the plot of this film? The Death Star is fucking nothing compared to Star Killer base. Might as well make a film about the rebels triumphing over an ant mound.

obviously you are a child. If you had been around for the originals you would understand the importance of this film.

How's the dialogue written in this movie? Is it as boring and basic as TFA?

no blacks in the main cast ha?

Awesome moment.

I'm gonna get nachos, crab legs, couple beers and I'm watching this in 3-D babe!

same here brotendo, i'm about to watch it with my wife's kids!

NOT SO SMART NOW ARE WE, OP

You know that your shilling isn't going to inspire anyone to watch this tripe.

The importance is to make money by retelling a story the EU told better.

T H I S

How does it compare to TFA ? Because that was supposed to be a 10/10 GOAT but it turned out to be less than average.

>so third act is kino, everything else is shit?
It's not shit but it feels empty, I don't know how to explain it. It's all set up for a big epic battle you know the end result so there is no stakes.

The fact that their marketing message was basically "diversity destroys the white patriarchy", I wouldn't rate it for I'll never see it.

Pros:

>Visually phenomenal, captured the sense of scale very well. The destroyers felt imposing, the Death Star felt menacing.
>Great battles, nice to see an actual war in Star Wars
>Vader was great and didn't feel forced, the final scene was incredible
>Fits seamlessly into Episove IV, enriches the backstory
>Ben Mendelsohn
>No forced love plot

Cons:
>Very, very bland characters
>The robot is so fucking annoying
>Most of the jokes felt forced
>Pretty bad dialogue and pacing
>Soooo many references. Characters say ITS A TRAP, the guys from the Cantina bar fight show up randomly, R2D2 & C3PO make an appearance. It's honestly obnoxious.

Its good, slow build up but its pays you back with a stupidly insane end. Quite honestly I never thought id see a dark a scene in star wars as I saw in the small hours today. It gave me goosebumps.

I think they put those in to remind a lot who dont realise what the films about and links to.
Some twat commented somewhere "can they do a star wars film without the death star" ....this film is about how the rebels got the plans, I mean this is how dumb some are

agreed on the climax would've been better with more character development, but i actually thought the first half was the best bit of the film