Creed

Thoughts on this movie? How dors it stack up to the other Rocky films?

1 > 2 > Creed > 4 > 6 > 3 > 5

1>2=Creed>6=5>4>3

>1
>2
>Balboa
>3 = Creed

POWER
GAP

>4
>5

>"ROCKY" (1976).
>"ROCKY II" (1979).
>"ROCKY III" (1982).
>"ROCKY IV" (1985).
>"ROCKY V" (1990).
>"ROCKY BALBOA" (2006).
>"CREED" (2015).
>"CREED II" (2017).
>"CREED III" (2020).
>"ADONIS CREED: PART ONE" (2025).
>"ADONIS CREED: PART TWO" (2026).

>prepping the bull: the movie
shameful

>balboa over creed
>a literally 60 year old man has a boxing match with an elite boxer who's the best in the world and doesn't die in the first 2 rounds
yeah k.

Any other movie on earth > Movies about boxing

Mason Dixon is shit thats why Rocky could last.

cant cuck the rock

Cant swallow the Apollo

The Ruff Ryders jogging scene nearly wrecks the whole movie.

Creed was surprisingly pretty great, definitely one of my favorite movies from last year. I'd put it about equal with Balboa.

this.

George Foreman came back and won the championship when he was 45, not that far of a stretch for a fictional movie where he doesn't even win

>George Foreman came back and won the championship when he was 45
Fuck that was a great fight.

this has really happened

this was a fucking horribly written and directed movie. Stallones performance was great but that was literally the movies only redeeming asset

>45 = 60
Also in Rocky 5 didn't the doctor say if his brain damage was so bad that if he fights again he'd probably die?

How exactly didn't he die in Balboa?

I thought it was pretty good. Not as good as the original "Rocky," (and kind of a re-hash of that film in many ways) but maybe the best of the sequels.

Ryan Coogler is legit. I wasn't all that crazy about "Fruitvale" but he really proved himself with this one

>When the theme song finally kicks in during the final fight.

Movie was awesome guys Fuck you all

Some boxers are just killing machines, look at BernardHopkins who fought well into his 40 and beat great decades younger boxers.

The muscle memory is something else, they go on autopilot and can still wreck you, could have half their brain shut down and they can still fight.

>mfw blacks were mad that Stallone was nominated and Jordan wasn't

Rocky > Rocky II > Rocky IV > Rocky III > Rocky Balboa > Creed > Rocky V

You mean that white entertainment "journalists" pretended to be offended on the behalf of blacks that mostly don't care about this shit

Yeah, in your 40s is one thing, but like 60, after a doctor told you 15 years earlier that if you fight again you'll die?

suprisingly good movie.
best farewell story for Rocky, Stallone outdid himself in this one.
Adonis was a solid character, but most of his strenght comes from really good script.

fighting scenes are amazing, with lots of long shots, no fast cut bullshit. you can see that actors really did try to mimic being professional boxers.

It's pretty fucking great. Seriously, I didn't expect it to be this good, not even after reading the extremely positive reception before going to the theatre. Coogler's direction was solid as hell, the two fights shot in long takes are awesome and kept me on the edge of my seat, especially the final one. The tension just never stops building up, and the way they managed to sneak in the Rocky theme for a few seconds during that was in good taste and a nice way to reference the prior movies without it feeling hamfisted or cheap. That whole moment with Creed getting up from the floor and fighting again is a highlight, really.
Overall, I'd put it just behing the original and II.

>you can see that actors really did try to mimic being professional boxers.
Most of them ARE professional boxers, I think everyone except Michael B Jordan

That was so fucking hype. People in my theatre fucking loved it. some even clapped

really? nice.
shows Jordan's dedication for the role, when his movement was on par with real boxers.

I remember reading somewhere that Jordan even got legit knocked out a few times during training for this. Guy was really commited and just did a great job.

hopkins is almost 60 and i promise you in better shape than 99% of this thread

roy jones is another good example, it's all about keeping your shit in check and not faltering over time, it only eats at you if you let it

Yeah, that super-slow-motion close-up knockout punch was real. There was no other way to make that shot work, he had to take a real hit.

>i promise you in better shape than 99% of this thread
don't project :^)

Noice.

Checked

>(((White)))

you know it's true motherfucker :D
you got it satan

I thought this movie sounded dumb, I thought the whole "Apollo Creed's son takes up boxing" concept was capeshit-tier franchising (and it still kind of is, on paper)

But they just pulled it off so fucking well. This was the most satisfying "blockbuster"-type movie I've seen in a long time. It doesn't re-invent the wheel or anything, but Jordan and Coogler just went all-in on this

Same here. Like this user this was easily one of my favorite movies from last year. Just really fucking solid, engaging plot and well written characters all around. Plus Stallone gives one of the best performances of his career, I kinda wanted him to win that Oscar dude deserves it

>Rocky: My Wife's Son Edition

naw m8

Probably helped that he was fighting a pigeon chested lightweight. Why they thought they could pass off that nig as a heavyweight is beyond me. Stallone is literally twice his size.

>capeshit-tier franchising
As opposed to literally every rocky movie since the original? Seriously change "rocky" to "goku" and its indecipherable to a DBZ story arc.

Creed was good
The love story was drawn out but the fight against the scouser was great

Love Rocky's quips and his fight against Cancer
I would love to see a sequel

Rocky
I
III
Creed
IV

the rest don't matter

These are more-or-less correct. Creed is the best Rocky flick besides the first two, and can honestly make a claim as being as good.

It sucks because I wonder how many people fell for the Sup Forums memes and just skipped it entirely when it's literally the whole complete opposite.

rocky is objectively the best but my wife's hates it, she loves to watch creed tho. I liked creed I can't figure out why she loves it so much compared to rocky 1

>It sucks because I wonder how many people fell for the Sup Forums memes and just skipped it entirely when it's literally the whole complete opposite.
Eh, it's not significant. Some people just read politics into everything, and these people don't actually ENJOY movies. They either agree or disagree with the "message" and quality/entertainment value is irrelevant. I know it's a cliche, but Sup Forums and tumblr are two sides of the same shitty coin, and both sides should basically be ignored entirely in any discussion of art or entertainment

Great way to "end" the Rocky saga, passing his mantle over to his rival's son.

Well, I was referring more to people who browse Sup Forums and Sup Forums in general. Even during release it was hard to get discussion going without shitposting.

See the post right above yours.

>Rocky
>2Ro 2Cky
>Rocky: Moscow Drift
>The Rocky
>Rocky 5
>Rocky Balboa 6
>Balboa 7
>The Fate of Rocky

I keked

It's really good. I don't usually buy movies, but I own this one. I would even say it's as good as 1&2. The fight scenes are the best in the series.

Better than Adrian's Revenge