Fact: If Clint Dempsey was any European nationality, instead of American...

Fact: If Clint Dempsey was any European nationality, instead of American, he'd be considered one of the sport's greatest players. But since he's American, he will never get the credit or recognition that he deserves.

i think he would be as similar as giroud

of course clint dempsey,Fulham legend,would be considered one of the best

Oh my God dude this thread is fucking embarrassing. Dempsey has played overseas and he was average at best.

>fulham midtable premier league
>barely lasted at Spurs
Nah. He's like an Andy Carrol. One 20 goal season in his career followed by club mediocrity. Compare him to our great players like Hugo Sanchez or even Little Pea (who actually has a league medal) and your United Statian players are just garbage in comparison.

Never saw this guy before but i see that he played for Tottenham.
Well if he manage to be on European Football, he already have some recognition, but if never became one of the best players in his team and never went to a better club, I guess he is just not that good.
You never see brazillian, argentines and congolombias crying because their national players aren't praised by europeans, why americans do that?

Lol no

hehe...meme

who?

He was stuck playing at Fulham, where he shit on most upper table teams, and then moved to Spurs before they had the Bale money. Put him on any team that offers the same quality of player, and he'd shine. Dudes straight class, desu.

You're retarded.

Highest Active international goal-scorers

1. Ronaldo - 75
2. Messi - 58
3. Dempsey - 57

Really makes you think

Portugal's most common opponents - Spain (currently ranked #11), France (#9), Italy (#12), England (#13)

Argentina's most common opponents - Uruguay (#17), Brazil (#2), Paraguay (#40), Chile (#7)

United States most common opponents - Mexico (#16), Costa Rica (#26), Canada (#100), Guatemala (#102)

>american soccer players are undervalued and rated lower than a similarly skilled euro/south american player
Fair point, not unreasonable
>clint dempsey is one of the sports greatbplayers
No no and no. Does he not get fair critique because he is american? Yeah I think that's fair to say but to say he is elite is waaaayyyy pushing it

tbf Ronaldo statpads against the likes of Andorra and Sweden due to european world cup/euros qualifiers being an absolute joke.

This is what Americans actually believe.

Dempsey is a great player no matter which country he would play with but let's not get ahead of ourselves, he's a good player in most European top-flight leagues, it's only in the US that he's head and shoulders above everyone else

Dempsey would be considered a cut rate Robbie Keane.

This is why soccer fans are considered retards here. I don't follow soccer other than by what I accidentally absorb following all the other sports and know beyond the shadow of a doubt this is completely false.

Pls be bait

he was a good player, and will probably be remembered more than 80% of players who have played in the prem.

sigurdsson tier

Then the real question is "why did he keep getting signed to shit clubs?".

Logically, the answer must be that no big clubs were ever seriously interested in him. Because he was shit.

If Dempsey was British, he would have been Bobby Zamora-tier and you would probably never have heard of him.

ironically the only reason he will be remembered is because he was american

Well at least you have Pulisic who is world class for his age, plays for a decent club and hopefully lives his full potential

yeah playing for a lower table premier league club surely makes him up to par with Maradona, Pele and Cruyff

he never was above Everton's level

>our
CHI

>of course clint dempsey,Fulham legend,would be considered one of the best
/thread

This thread proves op's point. Spiteful yuros and chicanos shitting all over him

God Bless, OP

If Dempsey were from a meme country like Brazil or Netherlands he'd immediately been signed to a team like Chelsea or peak Manchester United

This.

he wouldn't be an obese retarded piece of shit if he wasn't american too

Wait, Americans play futbol?

it's the other way around: because he's American therefore he got remembered. otherwise no one gives a shit about him.

Where is your green card, amigo?

>statpads
>against sweden

user... He had his chance in Europe. Once you are in a top 4 leagues all you have to do is being good and one of the big club will come get you. He went to Tottenham and that was the extent of it. He's just not that good. I like the way he plays tho, he's a fun player to watch.

Although I give him more credit than most people, I think you're insane.
He was an average player in EPL, nothing wrong with that.

>Pulisic who is world class for his age
I'm hungover as fuck, my head bangs, and this managed to make me laugh. Never stop shitposting Australia

>toughest player in the world
>scored against ghana and portugal in 2014
he is really underrated

It's the other way round desu. Big clubs are looking for talented burger players who have the potential to become worldclass, so they can break through on the american market. That's what makes Pulisic, besides his obvious quality as a player, so valuable for the BVB.

Get off the PC Clint.