Currently exists and is alive in the the cannon star wars rebels, which takes place before episode 4

>currently exists and is alive in the the cannon star wars rebels, which takes place before episode 4
>is literally the ONLY thing people liked about episode 1
>has been featured in multiple shows and other media

Is it wishful thinking to want to believe there's even a sliver of a chance he would show up in episode 8 or 9?

>is literally the ONLY thing people liked about episode 1
No.

>qui gon and podracing

So three things.

>he forgot jar jar

Stop

No. He's dead in the movies. Nobody cares about cartoon.

If he returned 99% of moviegoers who never saw cartoon crap would start memeing like crazy.

He'll be killed before Episode IV, either by Vader or Obi-Wan.

He'll get killed by Obi-Wan in Rebels or in the Obi-Wan movie if they ever do that.

>he forgot naboo and the Gungans

The big chunks of plastic in his head make me kek

Prequels aren't even current canon. He doesn't exist.

The trip through the planet core felt really star warsie as well. I mean its fucking dumb in context but i enjoyed it.

No one really likes darth maul though. He's s a non character that doesn't do anything. The only silver lining was the lightsaber fight, and that's not without reproach either.

Why do fucking morons expect the new trilogy to feature shit from the prequels? Are they actually mentally retarded and don't understand that the PREquels are set before the OT meaning three fucking movies happened after?

>ONLY thing people liked about episode 1
People are plebs. He's literally a video game boss shoved into a movie. The only good thing in Ep1 is podracing

kys

Set design and costumes were pretty good too. Shame they ruined the other two with bad miniatures and green screen.

That's Snoke.

That, and the prequels are so far away chronologically from TFA that pretty much anyone in them with a human lifespan is dead by TFA.

I remember seeing documentaries that they still built most of the sets in Ep1.

Fun Fact: general grevious is darth Maul in cyborg body

podracing was shit

And literally made up for video games.

>Snoke ends up being Darth Maul
Dunno how I'd feel about that

Objection, your honor. The pod race was pretty cool

>collect Lego Star Wars as kid
>had Maul Vader and Palpatine
>mix and match parts to create Super Sith

I miss those days

the podracing vidya was actually really good though

I think it was made to sell widescreen TV-s and 5.1 DVD systems for Christmas. I remember that shit playing non-stop on every TV and hifi system at full blast in every department store.

Except he's not

He'll appear in the Watto spinoff.

>Darth Maul appears
>Duel of Fates starts playing

Didn't know they used cannons in Star Wars. Surely a laser would be more effective?

>Darth maul clone appears
>It ain't me starts playing

No, because the intensity of a laser beam drops proportionally to (distance to target)^2, so when you're firing at other ships from hundreds of thousands to millions of km away like in a space battle it's better to just use a projectile because at that point your laser beam would be so spread out it would be harmless. Lasers are for CQC only

Would a clone have the tattoos?

Considering it would have been ~50 years from TPM to TFA, it's unlikely he'll be relevant. Going along with what and said, having Maul appear in VIII or IX would mean they wrote Filoni and the Rebels producers into a corner. I've watched very little of Rebels but from some of the early season 3 episodes it seems that they are prepping for a Maul/Obi-Wan fight towards the end.

It's not tattoos, it's actually his skin, he's an alien

Rebels ship shows up in Rogue One.

I T ' S C A N O N

does that imply that the scooby gang from Rebels gets killed by the end of the movie?

His species had very sensitive skin. It would be extremely painful

many of the ships fleed at the end.

>that terrible makeup job with the horns

I hope someone got fired for that

what would the Empire have been like if Luke actually took up Vader's offer and the two of them killed the Emperor to rule together? Would it have been more or less despotic than Sidious' empire?

>it seems that they are prepping for a Maul/Obi-Wan fight towards the end.

I don't think a Maul/Obi-wan fight would happen. The rebels or Vader will likely deal with Maul before he even gets to Tatooine.

Also, Obi-wan got so rusty in his exile that confronting Maul wouldn't even be a fight. It'd be a straight up beating.

>It's not tattoos, it's actually his skin, he's an alien

Some if it is tattoos. The Nightsisters added bits to even it out and make it more defined and menacing. But the big bits are part of his natural skin tones.

>Darth Maul doesnt appear
>Duel of Fates starts playing for no reason, like it did in episode 2 and 3

>Yoda's force ghost shows up and starts brandishing a lightsaber around

Didn't he get killed in the last season of Clone Wars?

No. He was last seen at the end of season 5 when Darth Sidious kicked his ass.

It's revealed in later materials that he sent Maul to prison on Stygeon Prime, where he was then broken out with the aid of Mandalorians loyal to him.

He's dying in Rebels. He goes to Tattooine where Uncle Owen is going to kill him with Obi-Wan.

It will be the end of Season 3.

>Nobody cares about cartoon.
>Yet a major character in Rogue One is from Clone Wars
>Yet Rebels and Clone Wars are both canon
Boba Fett made his debut in a cartoon, guy...

>Prequels aren't even current canon
The fuck are you talking about? Prequels are canon, yes.

Maul is literally a character on Rebels...

>Rogue One
>a spin off
>is somehow canon

God, I hope so. I want Vader to fucking butcher the whole crew like he did that OC piece of shit Ahsoka.

Ahsoka lived though

Yes, it is canon. Are you retarded? Clone Wars, Rebels, all the films and spinoffs...are all canon.

I don't know why the concept of "canon" is hard for some of you, but it is literally what Disney says. That's all it takes for something to be canon now.
>Hey, Rogue One is canon
There you go.

Aspie

>Obi-wan got so rusty in his exile

He stalemated Darth Vader in ANH. Mind you that Vader is > Anakin at this point.

>confronting Maul wouldn't even be a fight. It'd be a straight up beating.

Maul got BTFO by a blind Kanaan. The same Kanaan that got destroyed by Vader even with his eyes intact.

It's amazing how fake and shitty those prosthetics look today

When I said he was 'last seen', I meant in regards to his role in The Clone Wars. Since obviously the show went on beyond his last appearance like had mistook. I know full well and good of Maul's role in Rebels.

The hate for the first prequel is not justified.Second one is alot worse in every way.The only thing i really hate about 1 is jar jar.

Hasn't Maul really let himself go in Rebels though? If he had hair it would be the JUST hair.

Also the uncessary CGI scenes.

>The hate for the first prequel is not justified
Yes it is. Rewatch it when your balls drop. Or convince me without using Ring Theory-level of autism why one-dimensional characters and trade disputes are thrilling.

TPM is literally the worst Star Wars film.

III > I > II

>not just wanting to see him finished off in a solo Vader movie

pleb

No, he just went pretty crazy and unhinged. It's actually really fun to see. The guy is nuuuuuuts.

Plebs

The N64 podracing game was my shit

>worse than AotC

>He stalemated Darth Vader in ANH

Except he didn't. Vader played the caution card since the last time he fought Kenobi he lost three limbs. If Vader knew how withered and out of shape Obi-wan was, Vader would've finished him in seconds.

>Maul got BTFO by a blind Kanaan.

Hardly. Maul got overconfident and made a poor misstep. Even when Kanan could see, he struggled against one inquisitor alone. Maul was capable of fighting three of them by himself with relative ease.

>not just wanting to see him finished off in a solo Obi-Wan movie

fixed it for you

>Vader > Anakin
no

>Also the uncessary CGI scenes.

Like what? The prequels don't have too many.

I recently did watch the whole series, and i can simply say attack of the clones is actually way more worse than others.There is simply no redeeming quality it has.
>useless and bland cgi scenes
>lame as fuck romance between anakin and padme(probably the worst thing about prequels)
>awful fights
>awful pacing
>somewhat an okay plot but they couldnt deliver any of it
>anakin's acting is much worse in II
i can go on and on but when i think bad things about 1, there arent as many.

wait he's alive?

you should really watch them again

It's true, actually.

>Except he didn't.
Except he did. Vader didn't beat him until Obi-Wan let him. Even the novelizations confirm that Obi-Wan was still a master swordsman at that point. Your shitty head canon is irrelevant.

>Hardly. Maul got overconfident and made a poor misstep
Holy shit, the denial of Maul cucks is real. He got destroyed by a Jedi who was mediocre before before getting blinded. Not dying to the Inquisitiors doesn't mean anything, Ahsoka wrecked 2 of them, and she couldn't do shit to Vader.

Anakin could never one shot X-Wings or destroy AT-ATs like Vader can. Not even in RotS.

yeah hes half robot now though

>defending a movie with terrible pacing, poor direction, and no coherence
AOTC is a major step up from TPM in every way. It cuts the chase and dives right into the plot. It takes an hour for TPM to get there and when it does it splits into several different story lines.

Where do these contrarians come from? I know you don't actually mean what you say, so why waste everyone's time?

Are you pretending to be retarded too?

1 literally has all of these problems in spades.

Are you retards serious? AotC has a worse plot, villain, characters, and that fucking romance. TPM at least had Maul, Qui-Gon and Duel of Fates.

Yes.

>you should really watch them again

Why? Apart from battle droids, aliens that can't be done with puppets or costumes, space and space-ships, most of the stuff in the PT was all practical. Not near as much CG as normies think there is.

Vader didn't beat him until Obi-Wan let him

Because he was being cautious. Vader was still under the impression that Kenobi kept up with his training for the last 19 years. Which he didn't. Most of Kenobi's time on Tatooine was spent in monotony and mediocrity. He essentially was rotting for almost 20 years.

>Even the novelizations

Don't count.

>He got destroyed by a Jedi who was mediocre before before getting blinded.

He's still mediocre now. How does one dismiss that Maul easily defeated opponents that Kanan couldn't? And in regards to Maul not getting the better of Kanan shortly after his blindness, FPJ stated it was a kind of Force spurt or something like what Luke experienced when he blew up the Death Star. A brief touch on what Kanan's finally gotten the grasp of. Mul simply underestimated him in the situation as anyone would've.

>TPM at least had Maul
He wasn't a character though, so who cares? He looked cool. But I'm not 12, so I need more justification.
>Duel of the Fates was a good song
KEK That doesn't make the movie good
>It has Qui-Gon
Who also isn't a character...

Just face it. It's the worst one. We've known this for over a decade.

^This.AotC is fucking shit in every way possible.You cant even watch it for the action scenes for a good time.It is simply the worst SW film to ever exist.I cant really understand how anyone can actually defend it.

Now criticise without using a single meme.

>defending SAND and Hayden's autistic romance scenes

lmaoing at you

>Not near as much CG as normies think there is.
So, you are an idiot?
>According to the ROTS documentary with the bluray, ROTS had the current record of the most digitally enhanced scenes of any film currently released.

KEKEKEKEKEK

I never once defended it you sperg. I simply said TPM is worse.

Dont forget the lamest action scenes of all time in the droid factory and the gladiator-esque arena battle.

Do you think I can't? Is that a serious question?

We had Jar Jar Binks, now we got fucking Jar Jar Abrams.

By saying Darth Maul is for edgy kids but defending the romance between Anakin and Padme?
Is average Sup Forumstard this retarded?

Yeah, and that's a good thing. Since the new movies aren't terrible. Only a few crybabies on here say so. The literal planet doesn't.

40 anons in here, bud...

> Vader was still under the impression that Kenobi kept up with his training for the last 19 years. Which he didn't.

Based on what, exactly? Your little head canon? He obviously trained enough to become a ghost like Yoda taught him to. You have no proof Obi-Wan was so diminished. And if he was why didn't Vader just rag doll him?

>Don't count.
Sure they do. They're not EU.

>How does one dismiss that Maul easily defeated opponents that Kanan couldn't?
Who are these opponents, exactly? Not Obi-Wan and not Ahsoka, that's for sure. We do know that Obi-Wan wrecked both Maul and Savage the last time they fought, and that was before Obi-Wan's prime.

>FPJ stated it was a kind of Force spurt or something
>all these excuses

He lost to blind guy that Vader tooled. Obi-Wan's gonna Force spur all over his face.

>tfw when i tried that game on my n64 about a year ago and i was shit at it
when i was 5 i was basically anakin and could see shit coming but now i just crash into walls and stuff.

>According to the ROTS documentary with the bluray, ROTS had the current record of the most digitally enhanced scenes of any film currently released.
>KEKEKEKEKEK

Digitally enhanced =/= 100% CG.

Most of what normies perceive to be CG was, in fact, actual practical sets, matte paintings and miniatures just like the OT. They've even said they used more practical sets and effects than the OT.

>You have no proof Obi-Wan was so diminished.

>Star Wars; issues 15 and 20, From the Journals of Old Ben Kenobi.

Obi-wan struggled to use the force and could barely even beat a Wookiee Bounty Hunter in single combat. How the hell do you expect him to be able to evenly face one of the most powerful Sith Lords to have ever lived?

>Who are these opponents, exactly?

The Seventh Sister and The Fifth Brother respectively. Kanan had struggled to even get away from them in the past. Maul killed both of them easily.

> We do know that Obi-Wan wrecked both Maul and Savage the last time they fought, and that was before Obi-Wan's prime.

But that was Obi-wan's prime. He had never been more powerful and capable than he was during the Clone War.