/j a z z/ general

sipping a brandy and coke and listening to Spotify's late night jazz playlist
anyone know any better jazz artists/albums?

(or drinks, brandy is the only alcohol i have in my pantry)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-yGEGebr3pE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMw4XruJ-PU
www33.zippyshare.com/v/X4GCbjSN/file.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>listening to a spotify playlist
>ever

My favorite is Horace Silver but you should listen to Oscar Peterson or Michel Petrucciani. I don't think I've seen much Jazz discussion in this general other than the most common of Davis and Coltrane.

By general I mean board, of course.

anyone got any acid jazz recommendations?
Want to give it a try, but i don't know a good place to start.

Best of Acid Jazz compilations on youtube :^)

This is what I've been listening to this week, I know the bottom three aren't ((jazz)) but fuck y'all

Check out some Paul Desmond, yo
Some pretty smooth stuff there

This

>sipping a brandy and coke and listening to Spotify's late night jazz playlist
genuinly embarassing

Try this, nice Polish free jazz

Listening to Duke Ellington's Far East Suite right now.
Though have a listen to Jackie McLean - Let Freedom Ring, and please stop with playlists man.

Whats that jazz standard where the lyrics are about watching your daughter grow up?

vid related + Wes Montgomery

Oooof its based Stanko

Also it's not Waltz for Debby but that one brings the feels too

youtube.com/watch?v=-yGEGebr3pE

Been on a bit of a Hank Mobley binge, dude's obscenely underrated even today. The records are just so full of energy - especially Hank Mobley and His All Stars, that one's just so star-studded it's ridiculous.
Horace Silver is the fucking man, he always puts a smile on my face.
Hey, no shame, Marvin Gaye and Otis Redding are both fantastic.

It's not Little Girl Blue, (I believe) but Chet Baker does a lovely version
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VMw4XruJ-PU

right, so a lot of what I read says that the best vinyl pressings out there are fifty fucking dollarydoos from "analogue productions/acoustic sounds". now that's a bunch of old dad advice on old dad forums with their old dad money and $10,000 reference set-ups "you need an audiophile-grade humidifier or else the soundwaves will be distorted by impure air", right? or should I actually save up for some of these pressings?

the only one that's convinced me is the Mobile Fidelity Lab Kind of Blue pressing. how has it convinced me? I don't really know but a lot of what I read says it's the bees knees and jazz is a swampy morass of repressings and reissues and I just want a gert derned answer. I know I can thrift 90% of these but I'm curious if these $50 (fifty fucking dollar) 45rpm heavyweight pressings are worth it in whatever relative sense.

just buy CDs

but muh vinyl

thanks, that one is not it but it's great. I always thought Chet Baker was the best at ballads, no one does it better for me.

I agree with you there, something about Chet, just makes his ballads so beautiful.

I have the CD, feels good man.
www33.zippyshare.com/v/X4GCbjSN/file.html

this album is the new vibe
the first track is a 10 from me and the rest is easily +6 do recommend. also the best rendition of waltz for debby

I'm not one for jazz, but this is amazing.
more like it?

Here ya go user. Have a good time.

what a line-up, looking forward to checking this out

These are my favorites.
Albums:
Sonny Rollins - The Bridge
Kamasi Washington - Harmony of Difference (only works well if you listen to the whole album in one sitting)

Songs:
Christian Scott - Sunrise in Beijing
Chick Corea - Spain
Alfa Mist - Keep On
Anything by Esperanza Spalding

Hiatus Kaiyote isn't exactly "jazz" in the common sense but I'd recommend them too anyway

If you're looking for fidelity, go digital.

well, every other jon hassell album

nils-petter molvaer is similar, also some arve henriksen