Causes of homicide

What correlates with homicide?
Nightmare mode: Use factors not directly related to racial demographics.

Other urls found in this thread:

socscistatistics.com/pvalues/pearsondistribution.aspx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Honestly the only things that correlate to homicide are increased temperature and increased population.

I want them r's zoomed in. You can't say much without them.

I'll have to try average temperatures if I can find good datasets for it.

What?

Ok, I found out how to zoom in.
The r's are correlation efficients. It measures the intensity of the linear correlation. It is defined between -1 and 1. 1 means perfect positive correlation and -1 means perfect negative correlation.
P-values measure significance. A high P-value of r means the variable is not significant, thus has no meaning and no use to infer correlation.

Bumping with more data.

Ok in this case, always counting Louisiana.

Median income per state has a weak negative correlation and the variable is weakly significant but still significant.

Urbanization per state has a weak positive correlation and the variable is very significant.

Illegitimate births per state has a strong positive correlation and is very significant.

Poverty has a strong positive correlation and the variable is signficant.

Gun ownership has a strong positive correlation but it may be not significant. It depends on which alfa the statistician decides to use in the analysis.

Also you make the mistake correlation = causation. Correlation MAY IMPLY causation.

I didn't mean to imply that correlation equals causation but in order to find causes we must first find correlations.

It's interesting that if you take out Louisiana, GUN OWNERSHIP BECOMES NOT SIGNIFICANT, thus we can't refute the hypotesis that there is no correlation between gun ownership and homicide rates.

boy trust me this is groundbreaking.

Where did you get these charts?

>nightmare mode: don't use the thing that matters most.

The same with this. The variable is not significant.
Fuck dude the democrats have been just BTFO on Sup Forums. This is madness.

It depends on the metric used. I've heard that % of suicides committed with firearms is a good metric but I'm not entirely sure.

>causes of homicide

Killers

I made them in Open Office from the sources cited at the bottom. I use PSPP to calculate the Pearson r and then I use the website below to calculate the P-value from the Pearson r.

There's no p here. It's fishy. I would have to calculate it. Can't you find this chart with its p?

That's true but I want to know what causes people to be more or less likely to illegally kill other people.

P-Value=0.678943. You can calculate the P from the Pearson r if you know the number of datapoints.

Boom. Not significant. This shit is madness. That p is so high snoop dogg is being envious.

Your data says that we can't reject the hypothesis that gun ownership is any way correlated with homicides.

This is dem btfo right here.

*gun ownership isn't in any way correlated with homicides in the US

mexishit always make me laugh

Listen to me you fucking piece of shit. I'm Italian and I can't do shit from here. You have to spread this fucking numbers out here. Lefties are completely convinced that gun ownership has a positive correlation with homicides. That means if gun ownership rises, thus homicides rise. Your data says this is false. Those p values are too high for any alfa. There's no basis on which we can infer a correlation. You damn fat burger should spread the message instead of fucking around.

I post charts in anti-gun threads on a regular basis and I've managed to get my OCs reposted quite a bit.

You can't post fucking charts alone. Do you look at the p values? You damn nigger living in a basement. This is groundbreaking. You fucking took data from the FBI and other reliable sources. You must spread the fact that gun ownership and homicides DON'T have correlation, or at least we can't throw away this hypothesis. If all those calculations are correct, this is meme magic. You nigger better take this out here before Hillary wins all the electorate.

>mass media access, gives false image of others success and leads to coveting
>money driven society that says you are a failure if you do not make bank

Here's a chart on suicide rates.

fml. This is meme magic. I can't believe it. Suicides and guns per capita can't be considered correlated, too. This is another dem btfo. You fucking won damn obese nigger.

Anyway, a tip: don't put R^2 it has no usefulness here. Just put r.

Bumping with more data.