THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF MUSIC

Other urls found in this thread:

thegrio.com/2016/11/23/teddy-riley-says-bruno-mars-the-weeknd-helping-to-carry-on-legacy-of-new-jack-swing/
youtube.com/watch?v=2uYs0gJD-LE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's 1992 bel biv devoe

shermed out like sherman
mackin with the hermits call me hermin
you makin money with some vermin
you fud them they fud you thats your purpose

Wow. I still haven't heard Bodak Yellow, nor It's Everyday Bro and Gucci Gang going into 2018. Now another song arises and I still haven't listened to it either. Should I listen to this now, Anons?

if yo like early 90s boyz 2 men

is cardi b the new nicki minaj or something? i see this bich errywhere now

That was much better made than this careerist garbage

i'm just sayin they are doin a homage and blatantly goin all out with the clothes and copying the style of early 90's. it's like the opening of in living color

Sup Forums cringe thread?

ripping off the style of 90's music is much better than doing anything modern so it's nowhere near as terrible as it could be

They are but BruNO's hyper-modulated and early 80s type vox really ruins it in homage terms. I actually prefer Cardi's bit

That's just regression at this point. Has popular music really descended that fucking low, that they have to recycle ideas from previous decades?

nah, i mean this shit is terrible but still it's obvious they are doing it for fun and making it a tribute, they're not actually recycling it and trying to grave rob it. they;re gettin all cheesed up with the clothes and the video style is shot like early 90's shit. if you saw enough of the old videos you'd know they're playin. not that i wanna defend this

>Has popular music really descended that fucking low, that they have to recycle ideas from previous decades?
there's a matrix remake planning in the works

Fair enough, but it still feels a bit horrifying that we get this to start off 2018 with.

>there's a matrix remake planning in the works

that's not the same thing as what this video/song is, man. it's more like when squirrel nut zippers did swing and had the suits and the sound. they're doin a tribute for a single. god this site is so full of cynical assholes i am actually defending motherfucking cocksucking bruno goddamn mars because you're inability to grasp what the early 90's vibe was because you don't know dick about music is annoying me

Calm down, I somewhat concede with your point. Read

sorry it's my sense of humor, was only messing with ya. i;'m a 90's kid. i hate bruno mars but they effectively captured it, even the beat is a right-on bel biv devoe ripoff.

it was like this and shit, people went to school dressed like this

Boyz 2 Men isn't even better than Bobby Brown, New Edition, TLC, Jodeci, or Shai. Stop it.

>careerist

Wtf? It's just a song. Why are people so mentally ill and cynical these days. God forbid if people want to make a cheesy fun mindless song.
It's like everything about humanity went downhill after the 2000's.

What the fuck even is this comment

All New Jack Swing music in their particular era sounded alike. People only single out the Weeknd and Bruno for this because it was made 30 years after.

Compare Talk to Myself to My Prerogative for example

I don't see how it's "terrible" but okay.

ICONIC. No, I am actually being serious right now.

The Weeknd is an objectively shitty singer and Bruno isn't that much better

Bobby Brown didn't have the most pleasant tone but he could pull off every run live while doing complex dance moves

>It's like everything about humanity went downhill after the 2000's.
Yep, we have 9/11 to blame for that, don't we? But honestly, the 2000s had the potential to be the best decade, if only it didn't go dark soon after.

Is it really that surprising? 24k Magic was a blatant Grandmaster Flash rip-off, it's only logical that the next step is early 90's New Jack Swing. Expect late 90s/early 00s pRnB revival in 3 years time or so.

my way of writing doesn't always make sense, i wasn't even referring to the music - i meant me explaining myself was terrible

yes i know, and i dressed like that, i had florescent green clothes and a hat and i wore a clock around my neck

Finesse has been in the 24K Magic album for nearly two years now. The album represents the music of Mars' childhood.

I was talking about the music, even Teddy Riley said Abel & Bruno were helping carrying the legacy of New Jack Swing. thegrio.com/2016/11/23/teddy-riley-says-bruno-mars-the-weeknd-helping-to-carry-on-legacy-of-new-jack-swing/

Anyway, Bruno is a better vocalist than Bobby and Weeknd, Weeknd has a better tone than Bobby, but Bobby has more range than the Weeknd, and the Weeknd is more artistic than the both of them. Also, Bruno and Bobby share the similar endurance and stamina on stage so I don't know why the two aren't compared more often.

since this is a R&B thread

R. Kelly sucks. Why is he called the King of R&B when he's just a dirtier version of Bobby? He even took Bobby's "pied piper" rap from him. His voice was and still is an Aaron Hill rip-off. Why does shit get conspicuously forgotten over the years?

Now we're on the brink of WW3. I wouldn't mind indulging in mindless, stupid fun that distracts my problems with dancing. But since people want to kill themselves these days, there has to be stupid think-pieces and mis-placed criticisms (I'm talking in general not just for this website or this song).

Sometimes I think the internet ruined everything desu

>Now we're on the brink of WW3

>people want to kill themselves these days
people always want to kill themselves
>Sometimes I think the internet ruined everything
all in your head, you're depressed and seeing it everywhere and it's not real. music for this feel?

i, too, hate popular things, because i am better than the common folk

agreed

what do you mean, i see a lot of people expressing the same concerns. hasn't the rate of suicide and mental illness gone up in the past years too? im not saying humanity was all sunshine and glitters but there is a change in atmosphere.
im only depressed when online. i dont even know why i come on the internet anymore tbhfam.

the definition of an industry plant
>Nicki fades away
>out comes this ex-stripper with similar aesthetics (but skinnier)
>steals Kodak's song (beat AND flow), does it worse, somehow a 'hit'
>constantly talking shit on Twitter, pretending to be a 'diva'
>steals Tommy Genesis's song, fuck it part of her wave (pic related she gets no recognition)
Cardi B is not an artist. She is Nicki Minaj on sale without any creativity

If you were to hear one of those, Its Everyday BRO

>If you were to hear one of those, Its Everyday BRO
Why that particular one? Is it the best out of all in your opinion?

Jody ?

?

It's probably the worst of the three, but it embodies just how bad things can be while still getting views. IMO, of course.

Aw fuck. Maybe I should wait until the end of 2018, too.

lmao new jack swing has been tight for like 30 years. get hip user.

its good faggot

people who dont listen to popular things are actually superior to common people though

i like both

cause it's everyday, bro

>it has the most meme value tbd

THE DAY, THE MUSIC DIED

nothing bruno mars does ever sinks below tolerable but it doesn't ever reach greatness either, dude has a lane and he knows his upper and lower bounds

i can respect that

it has reached greatness before imo. i think what he does with his image is interesting & self-aware and a lot of people don't like it cause they view it skeptically.

Anyway they make a cute couple

Coke really made James Ferraro a different man.

Kek.

Bumping this thread for tonight. Please keep it toasty and warm!

bruno mars looks so funny in this shit

wearing oversized clothes when you're already a midget makes you look like a clown

I feel like Bruno Mars could easily be the next Prince, but sadly he seems content with somewhat good mainstream music

>Got some new merch, it's selling like a God church

>ripping off the style of 90's music is much better than doing anything modern
this

not what he said
not true either

He looks cute.

He definitely looks better than you, midget or not.

No don't fall back into the normie trance of popular music.

MIA has reached peak cool
no one could ever out cool her
youtube.com/watch?v=2uYs0gJD-LE

Poptimists are mentally ravaged.

who said anything about poptimists

you don't understand the definition of popular