Were they the last rock band to leave a mark on pop culture?

Were they the last rock band to leave a mark on pop culture?

No, pretty sure MCR and Linkin Park were.

No it was Arctic Monkeys (for better or worse)

rock is dying Sup Forums. will YOU be the one to save it?

artic monkeys are essentially a shitty white stripes... so yes they were.

Not even close, Arctic Monkeys was Indie Rock with elements of Hard Rock, and The White Stripes are Garage Rock, Blues and Post-Punk (Revival). And plus, they don't even have the same amount of members. Read

rock is going to come back eventually guys stop being so worried about it

the perceived demand is way too high for it to not come back into style. also some of you somehow missed this whole movement of hip hop trying to be rock with lil peep and nothing.nowhere. if anything you guys should be trying to start bands already

i saw people calling arctic psych rock today because of alex turners birthday lol

Who can afford guitars and other music gear required to play rock music these days?

Pawn shops and thrift stores exist for a reason. And plus, Guitar Center literally sells guitars that range from 100 dollars as well. There's no excuse.

No, I'm pretty sure the LE HIP MAC DEMARCO thing will probably form into something hard hitting one day. Probably not from Mac Demarco or any of the artists you already know though.

i'm extremely poor and i have gear. its taken me years to not completely suck anyway

in the late 00s through early 2010s, mainstream [non niche specific/regional] rock was going through a transition in which guitars and synths coexisted and were all performed live [like in the late 70s early 80s], but as laptops became more inexpensive and DAWs got more powerful, those bands that would have had synths and other non-standard rock band instruments that were performed live, opted for backing tracks. tame impala started off as a legit live band but over time, instead of trying to play everything live, they resorted to only performing 50% of their sets live, at the most, the rest left to backing tracks.

modern rock production is a whole nother discussion. again, the low cost access to daws and powerful laptops have made it so now everything is 'processed' in very specific digital gain staging that are the norm in pop and electronic, which gives it that very inorganic feel even if the band is 'rocking'. this is not at all that new though since, for example, the sampling and layering of live drum tracks [which gives the drums that 'perfect' hit sound but removes the human element/feel] has been going for a while now. even 'nevermind' has sampled drums, which is probably why kurt was so focused on having albini record and mix because he knew albini would at least not fuck around with samples and other gimmicky mixing trends.

rock ended with these bad boys

They literally only had one hit. What are you on about?

I wish that traditional instruments fused with electronic pieces so we could get cooler looking tech that merges electronic with distorted guitars perfectly.

arctic monkeys probably

I can't remember what the Arctic Monkeys 'did' other than be indeh dahlings. MCR had that daily mail suicide march and that controversy over guns

But it's much cheaper to make an EDM album or a Trap album than it is to make a rock album.

imo yes, rock is kill nowadays.. Linkin Park isn't rock, MCR isn't really either.

Yeah, they are. Linkin Park is Nu Metal, Alternative Rock/Metal and Rap Rock, and MCR is Alternative Rock and Pop Punk. You mean in the traditional sense?

I M A G I N E D R A G O N S
M
A
G
I
N
E

D
R
A
G
O
N
S

... no

Yeah I'm talking strictly traditional rock. All those aren't "Rock" they're variations, which is why rock is kill.

But Alternative Rock encompasses both traditional Rock with other styles, influences and genres. Which decade, specifically, do you mean? The Led Zeppelin, Cream, Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath era (70s)?

What is just rock to you? Rolling Stones? Bruce Springsteen? CCR?