Death Grips Thread

I recently go into them and really enjoyed The Money Store. I'd give it a solid 9/10 or 10/10

Then I listened to Bottomless Pit and I don't know maybe it's just because I listened to Money Store first but it was nowhere nearly as good. Still a very solid 8/10 though.

Favorite tracks were Hacker and I've seen Footage along with 80808.

Any thoughts from you guys? Any god-tier tracks? I'm currently listening to Ex-military and this shit is nicer than bottomless imo.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e9FM-FkDeWs
youtube.com/watch?v=HnSfYfwDOjk
youtube.com/watch?v=r5GCn1BKkxg
youtube.com/watch?v=UWkJghqMSpo
youtu.be/GzQFj78Jzr0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this picture

what about it?

its good

Good band listen to government plates don't get memed out of them

Keep listening and you'll realize Bottomless Pit is better than The Money Store (but Niggas on the Moon is better than both).

I preferred the subtlety of The Money Store which was a common theme in ExMIlitary aswell but Bottomless felt loud just for the sake of sounding loud although it was obvious they improved ALOT on their synths since ExMilitary. I'll make sure to check out Niggas on the MOON btw

wdym don't get memed out of them?

>"nowhere near as good"
>goes from a 9... to an 8

What the fuck?????

Not being as good doesn't equate being bad :)

here is your (you) now go play in traffic with your friends

By Sup Forums

I don't usually browse Sup Forums but can you fill me in on why they might want to meme me out of them?

View two brainlet memes above

I see

I mean maybe the death grips hate hivemind has passed to an extent but there used to be a rather large sect of death grips hate

This. Contrarianism has been pretty rampant lately. A lot of mu actually thinks GP is the pleb filter, and even fantano came around to liking it more after a while.

i trashed fantano after the r plus seven and gp reviews (same year), hes a stubburn idiot with horrible standards especially when reviewing electronic music

Well I haven't seen any hate so far. Fastest way to lose my respect is to choose your music taste based on memes and not based on what sounds good to you

R Plus Seven (Warp, 2013) is too amateurish to be taken seriously. The brooding requiem-like Boring Angel is mildly entertaining (but hardly revolutionary) and most of the rest is either trivial (like the ambient and pop fusion of Problem Areas, or the noisy drone of Chrome Country) or chaotic (Zebra).

I hate fantano. Money store and exmilitary are most accessible in my opinion. Keep exploring them you'll find the album that clicks most with you.

NEW ALBUM WHEN

Death Grips' lame No Love Deep Web (2012) continued the artistic decline of the project.

u see michael the difference is scaruffi is actually prolific and i respect his opinions because his standards are terrific

Gonna get into Niggas on the Moon in a lil bit and yea those two are definitely very accessible especially to someone new to the genre and the band as a whole

Personal favs

youtube.com/watch?v=e9FM-FkDeWs
youtube.com/watch?v=HnSfYfwDOjk
youtube.com/watch?v=r5GCn1BKkxg
youtube.com/watch?v=UWkJghqMSpo

i want to see more like More Than The Fairy in the future

Those anyone else listen to Death Grips and visualise a nice psychedelic music video in sync with the beats? Or am I just retarded?

>inb4 you are

Les was on Zach's first solo album Astrological Straits, worth checking out

Followed your rec, dark art is amazing

Come back when youve listened to No Love Deep Web and The Powers That B.
>No Love
>Deep Web
>Lock Your Doors
and like every track on TPTB

YO BOI YO, YO SSS AHH

giving bad people good ideas i keep giving bad people good ideas

Niggas on the Moon is best DG record

This
Bjork makes everything better

>Best death grips album
It's the best album in general user

but 8 is pretty near to 9 user

tms > exmil = bp > tptb > gp > nldw

so you'd give you a "solid 8/10" to an album that you consider "nowhere nearly as good" as an album you gave a 9/10 or 10/10 to? You might want to reevaluate you internal grading system.

GP and BP were their worst. R.I.P.

Continue listening to Exmil. In my opinion, Exmil was their best work, even if not an album, Exmil is a 10/10. The best they have put out.

NotM is up there for me. I still feel like Exmil was their shining center piece.

Nope. NLDW >>>>>>>>>> GP.

Government Plates was garbagio.

All Death Grips albums are at least 7/10. Moat of them are 8 or 9/10.

So many faggots in this thread. No Love Deep Web is their best (Steroids was great too, not that it counts as an album).

no, faggot, tms is their best

Hello, Dave.

No it fucking isn't. Not in any way.
>not fully realized
>flow is sloppy
>samples don't mesh as well as they should
>the tracklisting is awkward

Fuck you. It's w h a c k y and z a n y and that's what makes it great.

Anyone that thinks Exmilitary is their best should legit holocaust themselves. NLDW and Steroids were equally as zany. You are a fucking Death Grips newfag. Kill yourself.

Listen to NLDP next dude

It's another good album for starters
youtu.be/GzQFj78Jzr0

BRANDEN, DO NOT CALL ME THAT, I WILL KICK YOU IN THE DICK.

Exmilitary was nowhere as zany as TMS or NLDW or GP or any other album in their fucking catalog other than NoTM, you fucking ocean-sized faggot.

I DON'T CARE. EXMIL IS ALL OVER THE PLACE LIKE DRUNKEN JUNKIE. IT IS UNREALIZED WHICH MAKES IT GREAT. THEY DIDN'T KNOW WHICH DIRECTION THEY WANTED TO GO, SO IT SOUNDS VERY RANDOM. USING SAMPLES THAT DON'T STITCH WELL TOGETHER TO PRESENT A SENSE OF UN-PROFESSIONALISM.

fuck Scaruffi that faggot hipster pig piece of shit. Oh I live in Italy so my opinions are better, I have "real taste" fuck you. Honestly his top list is good but as you delve into his other ratings you see how much of a pretentious asshole he is. The Money Store: 10/10
(Steroids EP: 9.5/10)
Bottomless Pit: 9/10
Exmilitary: 9/10
The Powers That B: 8.75/10
No Love Deep Web: 8.5/10
Government Plates: 7.5/10
NEW ALBUM WHEN

replace steroids with bp and this is me poifect

is Hacker song of the decade? I'm unironically starting to believe it, it is unanimously loved by fans, not even contrarians pretend not to love it.

it's up there alright