Do spaniard and portugese feel more related to latinos than other europeans like greeks, nordics and balkans?

Do spaniard and portugese feel more related to latinos than other europeans like greeks, nordics and balkans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Obo7jsNIVQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i'm not spanish or portuguese, but from what i can tell they feel more related to other southern european countries (we wuz romanz n sheeit) than latino countries. but more related to their former colonies than northern european or slavic countries

>slavs
>VIKANGZ
>colonies

That's a good question. Hard to imagine Portugal feels close to Brazil though. Probably the way the bongs feel about burgers.

>Do spaniard and portugese feel more related to latinos than other europeans like greeks, nordics and balkans?
No.

bump for curiosity

>i feel more related to snow niggers and vodka niggers than countries who share my same language, religion, and much of my culture
sure ok pablo

Pretty sure Iberians feel closer to Italians, Greeks, and maybe Romanians because of the whole WE WUZ ROMANZ N SHEIT

Go away CHI's i wanna hear from iberians

Yes you do papi

We feel closest to white latinos, then Italians and Portuguese, then nonwhite latinos and maybe Greeks.

We have nothing to do with snowcoons or rakija addicts other than being in the same continent.

and French?

>Let me tell you about your country
No one feels anything but disgust to anything that comes from anything south of el Paso.

Respected ancient rivals. We have quite a tough rivalry in basketball. However, we don't feel close to them as we feel towards Italians.

It's weird that here, we feel the same about Spaniards.

Cool

I'm an american Spanish/Italian and Danish/English mischling.

Can't say I'm pure Mediterranean or pure Anglo :c

Why are you telling me this?

His ancestors:)

I am Greek you subhuman

just be anglo

you have anglo genes, and you live in an anglo country

farrage has french ancestry, doesn't make him any less anglo

You're native American lad. Spanish and Portugeuse lads are not the same as you. Doesn't mean you're a bad person. Just you don't look the same. Latino is an Americanism that turned introduced culture and language into race.

I don't. Latinos are aliens to me desu.

No, it's because they dress like american niggers, speak spanish ebonics and act like american niggers. Meanwhile the rest of meds more or less have a closer culture.

>We have quite a tough rivalry in basketball.

With France? I'm not into basket but I thought it was against lithuanians and balkans.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Obo7jsNIVQ

>i'm not spanish or portuguese
So why comment? Americans are so fucking obnoxious.

I would say:
1. Southern Europe
2. Latin America
3. The rest of Europe

I don't feel related to any country of the Earth, not even Spanish America. Brazil is very unique.

not australian but i heard that they dont think that americans are obnoxious at all

>Hard to imagine Portugal feels close to Brazil though

We are way more closer to Portugal than Spanish America to Spain. We have /luso/ and Spaniards never mix themselves with /lat/

Lol.Ask anyone if they like Ecuatorians more than Ukranians.If anyone chooses Ecuador I would be fucking surprised

Why do Spaniards and Italians love each other soooo much?

Spaniards like Argentines that's like the love child they had with Italy. Portugal will always love Brazil the same way the cheeky cunts from the U.K love White Anglo Americans.

I've noticed this too. Portuguese posters often think of Brazil as their son while Spanish posters don't want anything to do with their former colonies.

>Why do Spaniards and Italians love each other soooo much?
good question, even here the italian and spanish erasmus students always hang out with each other

Spanish studying in Finland.

I feel related to other European tribes the most. After all we share long history, wars and other happenings... We have been brothers and enemies with each other for a long time.

After Europeans come South-America. We share history, some culture and language with them. But of course they have their own things going on just like we do.

We do?

Actually we have more economic relations with Brazil than our colonies

>We do?
>inb4 pic where Spain is the man and Italy the woman and they are kissing each other

i wanted to bump the thread since it was about to die and i was mostly right anyway

>inb4 graph where people from Spain and Italy prefer each other as partners

see
how predictable

I also have that one

are you that guy that keeps spamming those pictures or do all Spaniards use them?

Are Spaniards and Italians even similar in terms of culture?

based estonia

It doesn't matter what kind of mongrel you are, you're an Anglo mongrel like the rest of us.

There's a guy who spam this pictures?
That's not me

We are more close to Portugal, but we do share tons of things with Italians

How do Spaniards and Portuguese get along? Similar to the mutual friendship that they share with Italians. Or is more of a rivalry?

Only the South, because they were their bitches for half a millenia

>because they were their bitches for half a millenia
Just like northern Italy

Hello my Iberian brothers

do you think Spaniards are responsible for the current state of S. Italy?
Am I right that Spain viewed S. Italy as a colony like any other?

Only Lombardy was, and for a much shorter time frame
They probably didn't help the situation, but Southern Italy had been a cultural backwater long before them

>Only Lombardy
And Savoy,Genoa and Parma

Northern Italy and Southern Italy why the big gaps?

>Savoy
Wut, Savoy was always a French client
>Genoa
It wasn't a direct dependence of Spain, and Spanish influence lasted only 200 years
>Parma
4 whole years
Complex social, cultural and economic factors that only got worse with the unification

>Savoy was always a French client
Nope.Read about it.Savoy was a puppet of Spain for like 100 years
>It wasn't a direct dependence of Spain
It was a protectorate for 400 years
>4 whole years
Don't be deluded.More like 150.

Its Spain. They are using the native languages for done reason instead just English

>Nope.Read about it.Savoy was a puppet of Spain for like 100 years
I can't find it anything anywhere
>It was a protectorate for 400 years
How? Spanish influence started in the early XVI century with the Doria family raising to power and then Genoa always flipflopped between you and France depending on which of you guys owed them more money, and by the XVIII century it was completely under French influence
>Don't be deluded.More like 150.
Nope, the Este family ruled it until its extinction. Then it passed to Spain, then Austria and then to a Burbon but it was still independent from Spain.

Besides, the important point is that Spain left no cultural impact on Northern Italy, whereas Southern Italy even changed their own language to be more Spanish-like

>I can't find it anything anywhere
Just read about Chateu-Cambresi
>How?
Genoa was a protectorate of Castile way before the XVI century.Things like the war of the 2 Peters happened due Genova
>Nope, the Este family ruled it until its extinction. Then it passed to Spain, then Austria and then to a Burbon but it was still independent from Spain.
Indirect rule=Direct rule.Parma was just a protectorate

>no cultural impact on Northern Italy,
who left more, Austria or France?

>Just read about Chateu-Cambresi
You mean the peace that strengthened the Duchy of Savoy while leaving it outside the Spanish sphere of influence?
>Genoa was a protectorate of Castile way before the XVI century
Absolutely false, Spanish direct political influence only started with Andrea Doria
>Things like the war of the 2 Peters happened due Genova
Yes, because Genoa and Castille were ally due to their common interest in keeping the Moors and the Aragonese at bay
>Indirect rule=Direct rule.Parma was just a protectorate
No, in fact it was in the Austrian sphere of influence
Northwest is French, Northeast is Austrian

We can understand italians better than portuguese and we probably know more about italian history and politics. Also the fact that portugese act like depressed austists doesn't help to establish any kind of relationship with them.

>How do Spaniards and Portuguese get along? Similar to the mutual friendship that they share with Italians. Or is more of a rivalry?

We ignore each other. Dunno about Portgual but the average Manolo doesn't have any idea about what happens in their country. Towels and moustached women is all we know abotut them. Maybe that they eat a lot of cod as well.

>Do spaniard and portugese feel more related to latinos than other europeans like greeks, nordics and balkans?

Most near order:
1. Italy
2. Greece

__________ Below this line we see them as close. ____________

3. Other europeans not ex-urss countries incluyed.

_______ Same cultural group, but too many social differences. ________

4. Latin america.

______ Strange _________

5. The rest.

The problem is that we are too different, Spain is too feminist and you too classicist, all that makes the differences are too deep and too noticeable.

As a Portuguese:

Galicians
Leonese/Asturians
Castillians
---power gap---
Rest of Iberia
---power gap---
Italians
---power gap---
Huehues
---power gap---
Greeks, French, Anglos
---power gap---
Other former colonial clay
Europe in general

Spain - LatAm relations have always been shit and Spanish people arent generally interested on travelling there or in their history

>French and anglo on the same leve
How will England ever recover ?

just banter lad

>Colombia
>native American
Hmmm, hard to believe. I can spend days without seeing a single Amerindian and I leave my house every single day due to work. This isn't Bolivia or Peru. Granted, this country is heavily mixed, but you'd be surprised with the amount of people that are little to not mixed. As a previous Spaniard poster said, white Latinos are the most culturally close to Spain, even more so than Portugal. Spaniards saying they're more similar to Italy than to us are deluded as fuck. They cite violence as a reason but they fail to realize that it's very unlikely that it affects the average joe living in a middle class neighborhood. If it was that way we wouldn't have myriads of spaniards filling lots of job positions at multinational companies over here

All colombians look like mestizo, mulato or black. The only "european" looking ones must work in your telenovelas.

And btw, what are these people according to you? they look amerindian as fuck.

No way these people are under 18

I'll believe you only if you've come here before and say it from first-hand experience. Otherwise, I call bs on your statement. To be honest, the people that appear on telenovelas are as average looking as they can get. Así I said before, racial segregation/privilege is not that marked in this country. You can easily find a white swee>>
ping the streets or cleaning toilets and a black lad as CEO of a company. I'm not saying is the norm, but it happens

Where si that school from? To be frank, they don't look from here. Maybe Central American, Peruvian, possibly ecuadorians although they look a bit lighter than this

You are deluded. Even the people that claim to be white in Colombia are mixed and it is pretty obvious

yes

Fuck no

Some people in this board seems to go mad when I state the obvious, but I feel more related to France and French people.
We share a pretty long border after all.

Probably because he's just giving his observation based off of what he's experienced from real life and Sup Forums? Jesus Christ calm down you fucking sperglord.

Well desu Italia nowadays is non-existent in Portugal. In the 80s, 90s Italian shows were on Portuguese TV, music (until 2000s), and the all Football thing. Anglo culture is much more predominant now and therefore we, and especially the youngsters relate more to them. I would have put Italia in the greek, french and anglo tier tho.

You should know Spain is one of the least religious countries in Europe, the Sweden of the south

>Complex social, cultural and economic factors that only got worse with the unification
you mean that only appeared with the unification.

>Northwest is French, Northeast is Austrian
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHHHAHHHAHHHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHA

I hope you meant only Aosta and Sudtirol, otherwise kys self-hating wewuz cuck

French and Austrian in influence you retard, stuff like spritz or using "voi" instead of "lei"

this is true lol

SOPA

sopa de canadense, uma delícia

lel