Is it still worth learning Dutch?

Throughout all of my life I have been enamored with the Netherlands, Dutch language and culture. I started studying Dutch two weeks ago, and to imitate immersion, I started looking up good Dutch songs that would be good for a teenager like myself. All the songs I got were black people, Somalis and Turks singing songs in Dutch. I found like two songs by a native Dutch boy. I want to go to the Netherlands one day and see all the beautiful historic sights and partake in the fun of Amsterdam, but it seems like it is all being displaced by foreigners and invaders. I just barely learned pronunciation and spelling. Should I give up?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j7uqSTOwQRE
youtube.com/watch?v=THhL8VVtQAU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why would you learn their language when they already have to learn yours

>culture
dutch are subhumans

I learned German in school, and Dutch is a walk in the park so far.

As an American their culture seems so cute and fun. All the tall boys, the cheeses, the bicycles, windmills, tulips, and flat land.

OP from my phone..

If any cute Dutch boys wanna help me learn Dutch my kik is Manmenmi

This is where I'm at.

don't learn dutch
they wont speak to you in dutch
instead they would reply in engrish
it's a waste of time
learn chinese

>All the songs I got were black people, Somalis and Turks singing songs in Dutch.
>I want to go to the Netherlands one day and see all the beautiful historic sights and partake in the fun of Amsterdam, but it seems like it is all being displaced by foreigners and invaders.
This is what the Netherlands IS now. This is their culture and mindset. If you do not like that, then stop learning the language, as you will grow to hate them, as I have grown to hate Germany and the Germans after learning German.

why would anyone want to be discount dane

Is it really doomed? :(

I already know German, but their boys don't seen as cute as Dutch ones.

Is there a point in learning any European language?

Their countries are doomed to fates far worse than what's happening to the USA. Some of us have sense to know what's going on, but many Western Europeans are so pathetic and blind. They're weak as people, and they're weak as nations.
Have you interacted with many Germans outside of Sup Forums? I was in Germany last year, and it was then that I truly, *truly* realized that it was over for them.

CASTELLANO

I like the Mexicans, but I don't really want to encourage them from not learning English.

>wanting to learn dutch
You must be fucking retarded.

I've never been to Deutschland, but I have interacted with many German exchange students, but our conversations never got to politics.

My German-American teacher however was super feminist and fawned over Merkel, showed us this cutesy Merkel video on youtube. I was disgusted.

lowest brain tier

you've been looking at the wrong genres. we have a significant portion of foreigners (1.2mil) but on a population of ~17mil it's not overran or anything like that. If you'd like to start with some good dutch artists, i'd advise:
-acda & de munnik
-blof
-raccoon
-veldhuis & kemper
-de poema's
-maaike ouboter
-ilse de lange
-krezip

and if you rly have to listen to some contemporary music try lil kleine though im not a fan

I can relate. I've been into the NL for the past month or so, but unfortunately it's not all rainbows. My Dutch friends recommended some Dutch music to me and it's exactly what you described. Look up allochtonen; the Netherlands is full of Turks, Moroccans, Indonesians, etc.

>I've never been to Deutschland, but I have interacted with many German exchange students, but our conversations never got to politics.
You would be able to predict their political leanings very easily. Out of the many Germans I have interacted with, I have met one, ONE German who is knowledgeable of their situation and wanted to change it. And he wasn't a skinhead either.
>My German-American teacher however was super feminist and fawned over Merkel, showed us this cutesy Merkel video on youtube. I was disgusted.
I'm not surprised in the slightest. Those who are involved in the education of the German language tend to be those types. I was initially interested in pursing a German Studies minor, but I realized I would have to endure many classes involving these sorts of people, so I dropped that very quickly.

By the way, why did you initially learn German?

Was raised going to a Lutheran private school in America. Learned German 6th-8th grades, so I decided to keep it up in high school. Thought the culture was cool, language was pretty easy for the most part.

t. Ahmed Bawaristani

You fuckers are cringy

>cringy
Ik denk dat jij zelfmoord moet plegen.

I am a Greek

>Their countries are doomed to fates far worse than what's happening to the USA
Do Americans actually believe this shit? I honestly can't tell because as I've said many times you have an almost non-existent sense of irony

kanker op kind

I guess a lot of us would assume you just learned a sentence by heart. Plenty would be willing to have a conversation though.

Most good Dutch music these days has English text, I'm afraid. The few pop songs, if that's what you're into, that are still in Dutch and by native Dutch people are filthy hipster singer-songwriters. It's almost like the problem with this music is not the skin color, but the fact that all modern pop music is pretty shitty at this point.

These are some of my favorite currently active Dutch artists, but all their stuff's in English:
youtube.com/watch?v=j7uqSTOwQRE
youtube.com/watch?v=THhL8VVtQAU

allebei even je kankerbek houden en beleefd doen tegen onze Amerikaanse vrienden

>cute Dutch boys
Then no help for you.

the Netherlands has been Americanised, no need to learn Dutch since everyone speaks English

Amsterdam is a shitty tourist trap and only famous for the weed and whores.
If you want to see a real dutch city got to utrecht or den bosch.

>catholic carnaval country

But I thought we were the reserve belgen.