Why do atheists like to pretend that they're skeptics?

Why do atheists like to pretend that they're skeptics?

Why do christfags deny evolution?

Because its speculative.

Why are agnostics who prioritize their religious beliefs on the level of matching their socks or having enough pepper in the spice cabinet the best people on Earth?

Observable

Only young earth creationists deny evolution. Fedoras like to strawman that all Christians are like that.

>Fedoras like to strawman that all Christians are like that.
kek

Conjecture and inference.

>"I'm an atheist! I'm scientifically minded!"
>Explain to them that there is literally no proof of a god either existing or not existing, hence the chance of there not being a god cannot be zero until proven
>"LOL, INVISIBLE SKY KING! GO DRINK THE COOL AID xDD"

Atheists are just pathetic SJW cuckolds, the majority of which wear glasses and study liberal arts.

Atheists are just in general, stupid. Just because you can parrot information that comes from those who were truly intelligent, does not make you intelligent. Just as a parrot can string together a coherent sentence does not make a parrot intelligent, it makes it well, a parrot.

It makes them feel superior to their parents

fedora being the colloqial term for atheist

Not just intelligent. They will spout the word of famed people like it's literal scripture from a diety, just because somebody with renown said it, then turn around and make fun of religious texts.

Just because somebody says "global warming is a thing", that statement is not empirical simply because it was stated.

>Explain to them that there is literally no proof of a god either existing or not existing, hence the chance of there not being a god cannot be zero until proven
True, but there's also no proof of there being a god outside of literal bronze age writings.
Just believe whatever gets you through the day.

>fedora being the colloqial term for atheist
No, that would be like me calling all christians bible thumpers, they're just not.

If there is no proof of his existence, how the fuck you come up with the idea of god, then have the nerve to go tell everyone else they can't prove he doesn't exist?

Stingray yourself Steve

Why do you accept it?

Sure bub.

being scientifically minded also means thinking with logic
>a almighty superpowered dude is in the sky watching over us and his son who came back from death is your prophet

does that make sense to you?

>bronze age writings

They knew more about science than we did, until the 1900's. In fact, there are very few things they did not know, and there are many things I am sure they knew that we still do not. And possibly will never know considering the methods in which we use to acquire knowledge.

I'm really getting sick of this meme.

>bronze age writings
>must be wrong

Incredibly stupid.

Rational Atheists are.

I am sure.

Is logic material?

Considering your gross misrepresentation of what it actually says, you don't deserve a response because this is a troll level post. Oh, wait... (You)

>Rational
>Atheist

pick one

I don't get why atheists operate under the assumption that religious people are religious solely because they think it is the truth.
>Christian churches act like local community centers
>Christianity/religion acts as a support group for depressed people
>historically Christianity acted to end slavery in feudal Europe, setting the stage for the enlightenment
There are reasons why religion exists and why it is still popular.

>They knew more about science than we did, until the 1900's
Mind giving an example?
>bronze age writings
>must be wrong
Well, I'm under the impression that the Old Testament is essentially justification from a point of view with a poor understanding of the world and it's mechanics.

Cause it's true

Because they are largely skeptics of evangelicals.

How the "new atheists" grasp Christianity is limited to Evangelical or general Protestant thought.

The problem with that is that only religious people feel like they belong there, rest wouldnt fit in unless they chose jesus as their saviour

The same way people think up goblins, tooth fairies and unicorns. Literally any mythological being. Even Superman. We can think of Superman so he must exist!

It's called imagination. Fucktard.

Yeah, you tell your kids that if they don't believe in it they go to hell.

No, but without God, you can't even demonstrate your in not in the matrix

So tell them the truth then;)

>There are reasons why religion exists and why it is still popular.
>Doesn't include the real reason.

They can't deal with reality.

I know I'm skeptical of a god existing

Skeptic:
>I have not been provided sufficient evidence of a creator, therefore I do not believe in one.

Atheist :
>God is stupid and not real because the pop scientists I follow on social media say so. I highly value logic and reason, especially my own, but I'll immediately believe any statement that conforms to my world views. Praise FSM! xDDD

You know God exists
Romans 1
Psalms 14

The constellations for one. The shape of the Earth. Atoms. What the ocean floor was really like. The ancients knew a lot.

Are you a biblical scholar? Have you spent countless years rigorously studying it? Learning several different languages to really get the whole picture?

But are you skeptical of your skepticism

Catholicism doesn't

I pick both because you likely misunderstand Atheism.

Sure, but that doesn't take precedence over the initial skepticism

>You know God exists

Sure, and I know Superman exists. Just not in any real way.

You know unicorns are real too then. The bible also talks about them. Also giants.

What evidence would convince you of God, and if you where, would you worship him?

>needing hugboxes to deal with first world problems

They were real. What's your point?

But how can you reason if you can't even show that your reasoning is valid

How is that different than an atheist who buys himself a two car garage house and starts a family, telling himself he won't die alone. We all distract ourselves with our own delusions senpai. I'm not even religious, I just can't stand athiests who don't see their own equivalancies.

It's the one reason why I think religion shouldn't go away completely, It's comforting and excellent shorthand for making kids not terrified of the concept of their own mortality.

>The constellations for one. The shape of the Earth. Atoms. What the ocean floor was really like. The ancients knew a lot.
I'm fairly certain that the greeks were the ones who came up with those concepts, when they were pagans.
And nope, I've read the shitty translations of them that most people are taught it with, as well as some other major religions, none really convinced me of their creed

whose one? never meet any

I don't understand your question. Why would I need to come up with valid reason to justify my skepticism to myself? It doesn't seem very likely to me that the supernatural exists and I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe otherwise

Unicorn was a mistranslation for the Rhino

The word used for Giant was a mistranslation also from the Septuagint, the Hebrew word was fallen ones, the Greeks equated nephilems to Giants when they translated OT

How Atheists would like things to be
>Religions are stupid and followed by stupid people
>Remove religion
>Stupid people become le enlightened men of science

How this actually are
>Religions are stupid and followed by stupid people
>Remove religion
>Marxism

>starting a family
>equivalent to making shit up

>How is that different than an atheist who buys himself a two car garage house and starts a family, telling himself he won't die alone.

Because this isn't based on anything that's in a book written by Jews.

And the only "delusion" is the "not dying alone" part. Anyone who's thought about it knows that everyone dies alone.

You've never had the misfortune of meeting a young earth creationist.
I envy you.

Read the passages and you will understand my position,

*things

>thinking ALL atheists adamantly deny the existence of God
>makes the atheist seem incredibly stupid in greentext so he feels right

Never chance, Australia

>Just because you can parrot information
And you are just blindly believing what you read in the bible and what other people have believed before you for the sake of fitting in to a particular group. We're not parroting Facebook quotes here. Atheists just don't have a strong faith in God, and that can arise for many reasons.

And you believe in God based off the ideas of others and what others have told you, and I'm sure you're going to parrot them in this thread. So, isn't what you said hypocritical?

I've read those passages and they are as convincing as anything in a Harry Potter book.

maybe its because i'm in a catholic country not an here.. protestant country

I mean if someone is about to walk off a cliff, and I didn't say anything to them, you would probably get mad at me for not warning them

Yeah, I think religion needs to exist for certain types of people. If only everyone was more like me

No, because I never said that parroting what you mention makes me intelligent or enlightened. Your ability to read another person's post objectively and respond without bias has been drawn into question now.

> 1 post by this ID
slide thread, sage

Do you put blind faith in your reasoning?
Are there people who's reasoning isn't valid in the world?
What evidence would prove that the supernatural exists

True, as long as what's at the bottom of the cliff is completely unobservable, even to the one warning the person.

If you don't at least raise your kids Christian, you're doing a dumb thing

my point is that people can craft their sense of purpose and reality around an ephemeral material world, or an equally ephemeral spiritual world of their own imagining. I really don't think either is necessarily a better option. In other words, I see a lot of atheists become mindless consumers who judge their self worth based on how much money they make. I know many don't and that religious people do this as well, but it's just a correlation I've noticed.

I didn't know Harry Potter was 66 books coorisponding to each other written over the course of 1000 years, set in a real world setting, and has a message for salvation

So something isn't true if you didn't observe it?

No, you might be correct, the problem is that you don't know.
You can be correct about something, but not actually know if it is before hand.

You can instill good morals without Christianity. Just take the morals and leave the God traditions. Use the golden rule and other important concepts

I know

>read another person's post objectively and respond without bias has been drawn into question now.

Oh, right. Because saying that atheists are stupid in general is not biased at all and pure objective fact. Yep. I'm sure all your posts here will not be biased.

Your ability to use your brain and be honest with yourself has been drawn into question now

This, the religious authority of christianity just makes it easier to follow
Then why ask?

Why does that matter? It won't make that passage any more believable as anything in a Harry Potter book.
It just goes to show how long people have been believing in fairy tales.
And afaik HP is set in the "real world" as well. It's called the muggle world or something.

I meant I know the Christian God exists

>my point is that people can craft their sense of purpose and reality around an ephemeral material world
>an equally ephemeral spiritual world of their own imagining

The material world is actually real. The spiritual world is all imagination.

> I really don't think either is necessarily a better option.

I do.

I will fix the issue we are having. People in general, are stupid. I never said that all Atheists were stupid, not all of them are. I was an Atheist for many years. I was very stupid at that time. I have no issues in being honest with myself. Compared to all that can be known, we are all incredibly stupid. It's relative, don't take it personally.

I know that he doesn't

Why do shitposters like to pretend like they're Christians?

Mind came before matter my friend. We have proven that matter responds when it is observed. Only an unlimited God can observe all things at one time. The material world is the manifestation of God.

yeah, it is real, read the second part of my post. Atheists could devote themselves to making the real world better, but in my experience most of them just focus on the eternal ratrace. How is that a more viable option than retreating to religion for most people?

Show me hoggwarts on a map?
Harry Potter was written for fiction.
The four Gospels where eye witness accounts written in the same century as Jesus Christ, the followers who witnessed Christs resurrection were martyred for what they proclaimed to have seen. The evidence for the authenticity of the Bible is amazing, the problem you have with it is that there are miracles, which is a presupposition you have that won't let you look at the evidence properly

How can you know anything to be true?

Zeus told me in a dream.

What did Zeus say?

Do you believe in Zeus?

Because they originally were. The SJWs who have taken over the entire movement over the past 25 years have nothing to do with atheism. They're just using it to push their own agenda, and there's not a skeptic bone in their body.

Oh, well no, you don't, you have a belief that he does, fueled by people proselytizing around you and towards you, but actual knowledge, tangible evidence that proves that he exists?
I don't believe you would.
God exists

saying "can't face reality", is like saying "can't face the rain and snow" when people build houses. Religion is simply a more positive mental structure for a lot of people. Not you, not me, but a lot of other people. Jebus, have some empathy man.

>Mind came before matter my friend.

Citation needed.

You've all met somebody like this, right?

>I'm an atheist, I don't believe in your childish superstitions

>but aliens are totally visiting Earth on a regular basis
>also ingesting silver will cure any disease but the big pharmaceutical companies are covering it up
>check out my New Age Crystal, it aligns all my chakrams

Yeah, we're brothers. I'm actually Posiedon.

Everyone knows God exists
Including you
But people suppress this truth in their unrighteousness
Either by creating an idol
Or worshiping ones self

>People in general, are stupid. I never said that all Atheists were stupid

>Atheists are just in general, stupid.
>in general, meaning mostly, mainly, usually, as a whole
Well, I never said that you said ALL atheists were stupid. I'm pointing out the extreme bias in your statement by saying "in general, they are stupid"

Now you're covering your tracks.
Yes, we are all stupid. But some are more stupid than others.

>but aliens are totally visiting Earth on a regular basis
>also ingesting silver will cure any disease but the big pharmaceutical companies are covering it up
>check out my New Age Crystal, it aligns all my chakrams
Stop reminding me these people exist

Lay off the pot