Was he the worst recast in the history of Sup Forums?

Was he the worst recast in the history of Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dAYWg7GO3pM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

First of all, they didn't just recast him for no reason, he replaced Andy because Andy died of cancer. He was also a bro to Andy at the end.

Second, by the time War of the Damned came out I honestly liked him just as much, if not more than Andy. Of course Andy was fantastic as a gladiator seeking revenge, but I think Liam portrayed a leader leading a revolution in a way Andy couldn't have. In a way Spartacus before escape and after escape play totally different roles, and i think each actor did their best with each. By the last episode I was genuinely moved by his performance as well.

If you want to talk about the actual worst recast lets talk about Naevia

>First of all, they didn't just recast him for no reason, he replaced Andy because Andy died of cancer. He was also a bro to Andy at the end.

Yeah I know that, but he doesnt have the ruggedness or the grit of Andy, he looks like some short of Victorias Secret fashion model instead of a warrior

>Naevia
Holy shit that was awful indeed

youtube.com/watch?v=dAYWg7GO3pM

At least season 3 had Crassus and Ceasar plotlines.

Agreed on all points. Fpbp. also you're still a fag

Nah, they did the best they could without just abandoning the series

If only you'd be born a roman

I would have been ok with them abandoning the series. Blood and Sand and Gods of the Arena work well enough as standalone seasons.

John Hannah is the real star of the series.

>Naevia

actually dropped the show cause of her, hope someone makes a fan edit and removes her retarded scowling face from every scene.

Hannah was incredible but Andy was the real star. Sad thinking about how good this show could have been...

Andy was pretty high-tier. It's a shame what happened, the second guy definitely wasn't as good. He didn't have the charm.

Can't blame him or them, life happens. But the show inarguably suffered without him

They should of gotten someone completely different. Went for a look a like had none of the charm.

I could be wrong but didn't Andy himself give Liam his blessing? I just think that it was going to be pretty much impossible at that point replacing Andy since he literally became the perfect Spartacus.

>but he doesnt have the ruggedness or the grit of Andy, he looks like some short of Victorias Secret fashion model
Funny, I feel the opposite. Great as Andy was he was nothing if not a pretty boy, I mean rewatch the mask boning episode, the man was an Adonis. Liam on the other hand is built much more like a regular joe.

I am going to go to sleep now as my body won't work any more. I am like a butterfly with broken wings. I will always be with you and will always be watching over you. I love you.

it would have been a little better with whitfield, but the second guy grew into it by the third season. strong writing really helped him out.

The original Naevea was cute though.

Anyway.
I wonder what happened to Andy's widow

>ywn be a member of the House of Ashur

I think he did a great job considering the situation he was dealing with and I was happy about his relaitonship with Andy towards the end of his life, both in receiving his blessing and being really cool about it.

That's a terrible fucking situation and after a while, I think he made the best of it. It wasn't perfect but how could it be?

>Andy the perfect Spartacus
funny/weird, since he only was in ONE season, while Liam was in two

>more than Andy
nigga lets not say crazy things now.

liam did improve massively by the end of the series the scene in which he dies was heart-wrenching desu but i don't know if he did anything andy couldn't have done. still, hes to be commended for his performance. he literally saved the show.

Took me a LONG time to get over the recast, but by the end I'd almost forgotten that he isn't Andy. In any case I only kept watching for based Crixus.

liam looked terribly when he got introduced, none of the rugged look andy had

but last season he really owned it and did a great job.

Irrelevant.

>based Crixus
He was such a retard though. Or at least in season 0 and the last

Andy was the GOAT but Liam really was out in an impossible situation. I don't think he was bad at all in the end though

New Naevia on the other hand was worse than cancer. She was annoying and not even attractive

Can't tell if new Neave was written badly or really just the new actress was bad

He was pretty good. It would have been a terrifyingly risky career move for him to make.

was it really too much to ask to just give the cunt the same haircut

>implying