Darth Vader let the rebels get away with the Death Star plans by being a showoff faggot

>can lift people from the ground into the ceiling
>can take away people's guns with a single motion

Why doesn't he just take the Death Star plans by using the force? He can clearly see them. Is he trying to lose to the rebels here?

or he could have just thrown his saber and killed everyone instantly or let out one strong force push and disconnect the ship sucking everyone into space.

shit movie confirmed

autism

Why didnt the rebels close one of the hundreds of blast door located on a mon calamari cruisers?

How did he even sneak in there?
He just appears out of nowhere, my best guess is that the Vader scenes were reshoots. That's why there are only 2, he wasn't meant to appear in it.

Yeah, rumor has it the original third act was him hunting down the R1 team and slaughtering them all one by one (ala homage to Ridley Scott's Alien).

>my best guess is that the Vader scenes were reshoots

probably yeah

I agree. If you've ever read the comics, it's clear that Vader stops at nothing, like a T1000. There's no way it would have gone down like this.

But then how would the feminists at Disney have their gurlz win?

Remember that old reddit thread claiming they reshot Vader killing rebels to be in shadows most of the time because the original was too violent for Disney? Guess this proves it.

Any links to the comics phamilia?

They're no longer canon in any case.

I liked the way they killed off everyone but DEAR LORD now I want to know how that would've looked like

I feel like bits and pieces of it remained in the movie (like the base scenes) but the bigger action set pieces were most likely reshoots.

The new comics portray Vader this way and they're considered canon

Gareth Edwards no doubt had a lot more scenes but Disney cut them out

>mfw Gareth had to have a 1 hour argument with a Disney executive to please not cut out the entire Vader scene

Overconfidence has always been the Empire and Vader biggest flaw

>Gareth Edwards

IS A HACK

What does overconfidence have to do with the scene, faggot?

they've been purged, only the marvel star wars comics exist now

>Overconfidence
This isn't a word you can use to handwave all logic.

taking his time killing everyone and leaving taking the plans after that

>why didn't Vader just force choke Obi-Wan in the Death Star
>why didn't Vader just use the force on Luke's x-wing and slam it into the trench
>why didn't Vader just use the force to stop the Falcon from taking off in Empire
>why didn't Vader just use the force to throw him into the carbonite chamber and keep him there

You speak like this is something new and it's just not Vader, everyone does this shit in the films.

Vader goofed off to kill sand people in the comics and purposely takes the least direct route multiple times to intimidate or just to revel in his power. You need to re-read them user.

I blame George Lucas for setting the precedent of overusing force powers as a standard fighting style for Jedi with the prequels.

Was letting them get away PART of his plan?

Not that user but this is from /t/

>Star Wars comic collection, unsure of how complete it is, but it was made in 2014.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:08b7a86e0394d9e36c4173b25929f0b1ab176d42&dn=Star+Wars+Comic+Collection&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fzer0day.ch%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3A6969&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fexodus.desync.com%3A6969

>all black outfit with cape on desert planet at high noon

Must be hot as fuck in that thing. He likely has loaves of bread baking in his crotch.

Thanks user

He stays chilled by the power of PURE HATRED so it's cool.

No problemo.

I'll get you next time!!

Lets be frank, the only time we'll get a scene of Darth Vader doing anything important is the day George Lucas buys back the franchise (read:never).

You're right. It doesn't make much sense.

It's almost like he was hamfistedly jammed into the end of the movie just for the sake of appeasing the nerds.

>why didn't Vader just force choke Obi-Wan in the Death Star
Probably wouldn't have worked. He's a fucking Jedi Master, not some backwoods Jawanigger

>11.2GB
I'd say it's pretty complete

Vader is a loser, now. Only a Jedi could have gotten away with the plans, but not in DisneyWars.

Point is there are numerous ways Darth could have taken down Old man Obi without engaging in an embarrassing sword fight. But he did because he's Vader and he likes to indulge his abilities and emotions, like the whole killing Sand people thing again because he happened to be in the area.

It's almost as if they could've done the hallway scene differently, like having more blaster doors close in on him with more rebels. Have Vader more frantically trying to get the fucking plans so Leia can't get them. Instead they went the lazy route. Don't you fucking dare bring up the prequels. They don't have shit to do with shit. This is Vader purposely moving with a clock ticking.

Okay, I'll buy that.

I guess we can both agree that the scene was poorly written and only exists as fanwank material.

Didn't Anakin get a giant power level drop after getting fucked up in RotS? If I remember correctly, he was more powerful before his fight with Obi-wan on Mustafar, meaning Obi was probably stronger than he was even in ANH. It's not like Yoda got weaker as he got older.

I think that's a plotpoint in the few comics of NuStarWars I read. Palpatine bitches about Vader being too crippled from his injuries so he's always looking for a replacement instead of Vader being his successor.

That was already canon in the old EU. He just keeps him around until he finds someone who can replace him. And that would've almost been Luke.

It was literally a Jurassic Park scene with the T-Rex about to bite the heroes as they jump away in the nick of time.

Fuck this movie.

Anakin lost both his fucking legs so of course he wont be a good fighter post ROTS

>It was literally a Jurassic Park scene with the T-Rex about to bite the heroes as they jump away in the nick of time.

I bet you can compare the scenes and have them look the same with both the T-Rex and Vader watching the heroes get away in the distance.

Vader did get a huge power level drop but not for the reasons some people think. A popular misconception is that he looses power because of his lost limbs and injuries, not the case, he's mind fucked. The loss of Padme pushes his already unstable mind past breaking point and he caves in on himself. The power is still there, more power than even Sheev has, but Vader can't tap into it because of this mind fuck, because he hates himself that much.

Is there a cannon source for this?

It was in books and other media but after Disney's re-organizing into the first galactic fuck over, no. If it helps though even Disney can't remove all the evidence, Anakin lost an arm but only became more powerful after and Luke lost a hand but went on to be the most powerful Jedi ever. Losing limbs doesn't limit power.

>Luke lost a hand but went on to be the most powerful Jedi ever.

Huh? When!? He was the most ONLY Jedi for a time. And he neither defeated his father, nor the Emperor on his own. He either threw the fight, letting other people step in, or was fighting a quadriplegic that had lost the will to live anyway, while also giving in to the dark side.

Sigh.

Shitty movies keep getting made, and make money JUST BECAUSE OF ONE OR TWO COOL SCENES.

I'd rather have just a demo reel on youtube.

In movie Luke achieved balance in the force, outside the movies Luke's power grew and grew until he became the greatest Jedi who ever lived. Naturally though like all the other "was canon" things, Disney removed it so it doesn't conflict with their plans.

>Only a Jedi could have gotten away with the plans

Have you seen any of the star wars movies? At this point in the story all the Jedi are dead or in hiding. It should have been Kyle Katarn.

Don't know shit the post.

Enlighten me. I'll wait.

bump for get

The final Vader slaughterscene had a different body actor for Vader; the Krennic choke scene actor was stiffer.

disgusting rat face

At least it was cool looking fanwank material

What movie were you watching? Luke kicked Vader's ass in 6

Just watched it. Overall 4/10 movie. Did not give a shit about these characters.Too fucking long for a sidestory. Even forgot most of their names. That final scene was pretty cool though.

Vader let Luke ""win""

Vader killing the kids in the prequels was pretty ruthless I gotta say.

Nah. Vader was pretty conflicted at that point but he had to take Luke down, knowing that if he didn't Sheev would just wreck him and take Luke in his place. It wasn't until Luke was about to die where Vader went "death is better than losing a son"

You're seriously underestimating just how powerful Luke was at that point.

Canonically by the time of the movies he's already stronger than he was in RotS.

He was crippled and not as strong as he could have been, but was still weaker than Sheev.

What Palps wanted was a sithlord who was way better than himself and not just almost as good.

Yeah even in the comics set before Ep5, when Luke is getting his ass handed to him by a commando he loses his shit and does a force push so power the entire ships starts shaking (conveniently saving an allies life).

nerds

In Ep. 4 why didn't he use the force to hurl luke, leia and han in the air before that big blast door closed?

Doors are his weakness obviously.

muh easy writing despite muh psychic abilities

>original third act was him hunting down the R1 team and slaughtering them all one by one
Truth be told I could watch a full two hours of Vader murdering everyone.

>DOOM: Vader edition

Doesn't vader take out an x wing with the force in one of the new comics?

the problem is they changed vader too much over the course of the story, he used one of the most aggressive lightsaber forms yet in this webm hes literally being pushed back and on the defensive shit conflicts with the stuff they added in the prequels especially considering how strong they built him up to be only to lose to his novice son top fucking kek

I think the change from going from defensive to offensive can be justified considering he has had what? 20 years of being in power at this point? People are fucking terrified of him, and it went to his head.

What does he have to be afraid of? Some rebels with some blasters in a hallway?

His enormous weakness is lust for power and for the opportunity to revel in it. We see this in the prequels. The dark side has really twisted ani's greatest flaw
By this point Padme is dead he's bitter as fuck. What else can he do to aleiviate boredom/elevate himself.
Vader is op. But he's still human and as a human his hubris comes between himself and his goals.
Is this how the balance is restored to the force? Ultimately he's powerful but trips over his own ego to force small light side victories that culminate in the ending of Jedi?

>a full two hours of Vader murdering everyone

Vader sounds boring honestly

>luke
>just flayling around like a retard
UNDER ESTIMATE

Watch the original trilogy?

But Vader doesn't let them get away. He follows the ship and kills all of them. Leia taken prisoner and R2 escapes with C3-PO

>carrying a physical copy
Why not just broadcast it?
Huge plothole.

It might just be a choreography problem but that distinctly looks like Vader has several opportunities to shank Luke while he's sperging out yet all he does is toss a couple easily batted away overhead swings while backpedaling

It DOES look like Luke is just bullying a guy who doesn't even want to fight back

Why do Jedi bother with lightsabers at all instead of training exclusively in the force?
It seems like the ability to crush a person's head like a melon from a distance would always be more useful than a sword that deflects lasers.

Is there a canon explanation why vader is a doddering weakling in ANH but in Rogue 1 is more powerful than god?

Give the guy a break he lost his momentum waiting for the stormtrooper team to open the door

Disney feminism and Lucas being a shit writer.

How else are you going to deal with blaster shots?

Sup Forumss Star Wars General has every book and comic except like 3 old canon comics.

>Luke achieved balance in the force
Luke didn't do shit

or did he not show enough?
Reminder: a well-timed Sheev spin would have taken them all out.

>Alien style
>Rebels wander through the ship when suddenly Vader's saliva drops on their shoulders
>They hear hard breath and look up
>next shot
>A kitten runs through the ship
>It suddenly stops and tries to hide
>A technician is seen with a flashlight looking for it
>He suddenly hears hard breaths behind his back
>mfw

>drops his lightsaber
>they all scramble to lower levels of the ship as it begins melting through the floor

hmmm

Then the Empire would be sure to notice the know.

this guy is an idiot that canon explanation is that the loss of limbs decreased his midichlorian count so he was weaker with the force or whatever.

Yeah, it's almost certainly the choreography... the context is that Luke is winning by tapping into the Dark Side after Vader taunts him with Leia, so the beatdown effect is accurate. I guess they couldn't find a real way to have Luke go nuts and have Vader actually fight back.

>Reminder: a well-timed Sheev spin would have taken them all out.
Vader has no legs remember? No way can he ever try to spin or do backflips again.

Anyone else hear the Duel of the Fates music during this scene or was that just me?

It sure sounded like the choir in the chorus of that song.

>twirling his lightsaber like it's the fucking prequels

cancerous

Jesus Christ. Leave.
"your overconfidence is your weakness "
" your faith in your friends is yours"

If three guys aimed at three different parts of his body that weren't in a straight line and fired at once, it'd be impossible for him to block them all, yes?