Red Letter Media

When is the gang going to grow up, act their age, and get real fucking jobs?

They're not going to be able to vlog and make fart jokes when they're in their 50s. Internet fame is short lived and can vanish in an instant. Rich and Jay should find new careers, or at least go solo and build their own resumes before RLM goes belly up.

I said the same shit about Doug Walker five years ago and he's STILL making lots of money. Once you build a loyal fanbase you can keep going forever as long as you consistently make content. If Spoony wasn't such a lazy piece of shit his patreon would probably still be at $5,000. The only problem is new internet laws might fuck everything up.

i think your rage is aimed at the wrong target OP.

pic related.

Mike might age out soon, but Jay can camwhore into his 50s at this rate.

He has hardly aged since they started doing HITB 5 years ago.

>When is the gang going to grow up, act their age

Be a miserable adult like everybody else!

do you think jack will be okay

literally who?

Jack is going to be eliminated when Jay replaces Mike with a younger actor.

yeah they should get real jobs, get married, divorced, old and bitter

damn them for enjoying life and being childish adults and making profit off of it!

I HATE LIFE SO THEY SHOULD TOO REEEEEEEEEE

Pfft, like Mike could be replaced by anyone. I love that big, akward sad-sack.

You're right, OP. They should also take out a lot of debt to do it.

Theyll be fine

RLM will be fine. Mike and Jay have been to film school and have made a living producing videos before they became e-celebs. Jack already has a job outside RLM making videos for companies. They have demonstrable technical skills in production and editing, unlike other e-celebs like Doug Walker, who can't make anything look professional even if you gave him $120K.

>They're not going to be able to vlog and make fart jokes when they're in their 50s

I hope they do

>fat and partially bald Jay finally coming out of the closet and Sup Forums calling him a hot bear gilf
>dementia-sick Mike becoming a real-life Mr Plinkett
>aidsmoby on a wheelchair playing games in his Playstation 36
>long dead Rich recreated with CGI

rich can always go back to street hustling. thell be fine

>Internet fame is short lived

Your lack of vision is why you're not a success.

comicon 2030 e-celebrity zoo will pay very well

>I'm butthurt that RLM makes a living doing what they love and I'm late for my shift at Taco Bell

if they were smart they would leverage their contacts with tim heidecker and patton oswalt to get an adult swim or netflix series

>mfw taco bell pays better and is a healthier work environment than rlm

Mike said they haven't been in touch with Tim since the guest appearance on HITB.

RLM has YT revenue + patreon + merch sales. They make way more than Taco Bell employees.

I'm just looking out for them. You think suckers are still going to be paying into their Patreon accounts when they're heading into retirement age?

I want them to all grow and develop as artists themselves, or at the very least secure a future for themselves. If Rich was fired tomorrow, what would he possibly do? Last time he had a (((real))) job was 10 years ago doing construction. He's not exactly in good physical shape anymore.

still though. I'm sure plenty of people would watch them on TV. Might be copyright issues though?

Because getting a tv show is just that simple right?

Maybe you should be more concerned with bettering yourself instead of worrying about the well being of your e-celeb friend simulators, you worthless faggot.

Why should they become boring faggots to make you happy?

You must be very young or very stupid.

Maybe you should be more concerned with bettering yourself instead of worrying about the well being of your fellow faggots, you worthless faggot.

fuck off faggot.

Mike takes 50% of gross earnings

Also there are issues of creative freedom. Adult Swim may do a bunch of crazy shit, but there are still strict guidelines tv has to follow, and producers to appease. On youtube you don't have to answer to anyone as long as copywright detection isn't triggered.

RLM was actually approached by a big movie company to create a low budget horror film, but they said no for that reason (source: one of the commentaries on their own movies, I forget which one).

>RLM was actually approached by a big movie company to create a low budget horror film, but they said no for that reason (source: one of the commentaries on their own movies, I forget which one).
I actually agree with the rest of your post but this part is 100% not true.

they were approached by Paramount who were looking for the next Paranormal Activity and Mike sent them a script for a Gorilla Interrupted remake (source: How Not to Make A Move)

Paramount approached a bunch of small production companies to pitch them low-budget horror movies after the success of Paranormal Activity.

RLM was one of the small companies approached.

Then, Paramount decided to pass on all of the ideas pitched and make a series of Paranormal Activities movies instead.

>Move
lol
*Movie

Ah I see. Thanks for the info

>posting in a literal shill thread

They've made several films and they are all shit. What makes you think they have any talent besides drinking beers and talking shit?

>Inb4 someone posts the photo of his wife

I'd rather work a regular job desu senpai.

>RLM was actually approached by a big movie company to create a low budget horror film, but they said no for that reason (source: one of the commentaries on their own movies, I forget which one).
kekno

kek. someone's mad

so is wheel of the worst retired now?

Is the plinketto board replacing the wheel of the worst

I hope not. Wheel of the worst is fun because they watch stuff that's at least surprising usually instead of shitty action and sci-fi movies that are all pretty much the same. It seems like Mike is fed up with the idea though.

It turns out despite the sheer number of direct-to-tape home videos produced in the 80s and 90s, there are only a handful of gems like S.O.S.

If Sam can do it, why not them?

S.O.S. is a bit overrated imo. The bus safety video in the most recent one is a pretty good example of the idea still having merit, when they made the Wes Anderson comparison I laughed my ass off. It seems like no one else in the room is funny very often when actually watching this stuff like Mike is though, so sitting down and watching it is probably a chore for him at this point.

Because Mike doesn't want to?

If they get a TV show, they will have to sign over a lot of existing intellectual property re: characters, show premises, etc. to the network.

If the show is renewed season after season and goes into syndication, there is absolutely no problem at all.

If the show is cancelled after a season or two, they hardly made any money, but the network owns all their pre-existing work in perpetuity, forcing them to start over.

Going to network with a pre-existing episodic show only works if the creator has enough leverage to keep the IP ownership. RLM doesn't have that leverage.

They will start producing content for other groups like them

>mfw no one is actually stupid enough to implying shitting on videos of you getting drunk watching movies once every 2 weeks is worse than working 40 hours in a grease pit for amerifats.

I've done it. I know. Fuck all those fat fucks overstuffing their burritos on Cinco Di Mayo

In other words, they're cowards who lack the courage to expand and make something of themselves, and instead perpetually idle shamelessly in their Patreon support. They pander to their audience by adopting meme dialog and mannerisms, in a mere pathetic attempt at relevancy. And pertaining to relevancy: the only reason they do capeshit reviews is because it's their only hope in capturing new audiences. Hack frauds to the bone.

Do you have a better life?

They should real bet it all and make a real short film, something to really get them on the fucking industry.

t. NEET

MDE is a sketch comedy group.

They don't have a single character or show premise that they have to continue (e.g. Mr. Plinkett and Lighting Fast VCR Repair).

Also, look where getting picked up by Adult Swim then getting dropped immediately after one season got them.

Sam can't even afford his AIDS meditation while Mike and Jay are living comfortable lives.

Wew lad. Salt is real.

Everyone's mad at you but they know deep down that there's a grain of truth in your post.

You can see Mike's ego and confidence has shrunk since Space Cop was a complete spiritual and economic disaster.

Way to go replying to yourself. Thumbs up bro.

@77305367
I'm not going to entertain your paranoia and weird fandom.

Long story short: Mike don't got it anymore.

>Getting your drivers license at 20

Who wrote this?

>implying retirement is still going to be a thing after the boomers die off

lol

Nice. Keep going.

b- but user they were bad on purpose!

>economic disaster

They must have spent $200 to make it, and at $25 a pop I'm sure they at least made their money back

I love RLM. I genuinely enjoy their insight, sense of humor, and selection when it comes to movies and video games. I just wish they weren't so idiotically uneducated on political matters.

I sat down to watch the new episode of Previously Recorded where they play Pokemon Sun/Moon and they go on for 45 minutes about how awful Donald Trump is and how scared they are for their PoC (People of Color) and LGBTQIA+* friends because.... reasons?

They're political idiots, but they are quite entertaining. I love Best of the Worst and especially Wheel of the Worst. I'd consider becoming a patron on Patreon if they had more incentive. They're pulling in around $15,000 on there alone so they're fine without my $2.

I did buy a DVD of theirs, though. I appreciate what they're doing.

Are you seriously using MDE as an example of someone who "had the courage to expand and make something of themselves"? MDE don't have any characters or show premises. They just make random sketches do they didn't have to hand over any rights to Adult Swim. If RLM signed onto Adult Swim they would have to hand over everything and if things didn't work out they would be completely fucked.
There's no grain of truth, you and that user are just projecting your insecurities onto them. They're making plenty of money off of film reviews, why should they risk everything? Hell, how is getting onto Adult Swim "making it"? Things didn't work out for MDE and there are countless people who got onto Adult Swim and ended up fading into obscurity.

Mad? I'm apathetic and leaning towards sympathy knowing that the amount of bitterness and peculiar detail in it despite being predicated on nothing but conjecture reeks of projection or at least someone who loathes people who're comfortable.

>drivers license at 20
>only 40k a year

AIDSMoby is a typical liberal idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about but he isn't overly preachy so I give him a pass. Rich doesn't really seem to care a lot about politics, he usually sits on the fence and shits on both sides. Josh is insufferable, I'm really glad he is never given a chance to talk about politics on Best of the Worst or Re:View. His twitter is full of smug liberal bullshit. Jay and Mike are thankfully smart enough to realize political discussion is a bad idea so they completely avoid it.

Irrelevant.
You've addressed not one single point in my post. Try again.
>e.g. Mr. Plinkett and Lighting Fast VCR Repair
I.e. meta-ironic "bad-on-purpose" undeveloped and uninspired ideas that barely pass off as running gags and characters in their own right, and of which they would have no problem regurgitation a half-recycled premise or "character" under a knew related running gag. They have nothing to lose in that regard, and you know it, as you fail to address me bringing up their Patreon support - the main reason for their reluctance to do anything with their miserable enterprise.
>then getting dropped immediately
This isn't something knew. It happens and has happened to many. But many do succeed as well; you don't succeed until you try. Squandering their life away squatting in Milwakee sure isn't going to get them a show or anything related. But like you said, Mike and Jay live comfortable lives, and as long as hapless fan finances keep on pouring in, that won't change and they have no reason to change. Such is the case of a hack fraud - they far too comfortable for their own good.

I can't believe Mike slapped Rich on the face on last nights stream.

One would imagine that a 5+ year project created by dozens of people costs more than $200.

They themselves made all the sets and costumes and shot it all in their studio. It was pretty much just the RLM cast as the characters. So maybe $500?. A thousand, at most.

All the directors and actors that Mike and Jay admire did what they themselves will never do - take a chance, go all in, and shoot for the moon.

Scorcese didn't content himself with shooting commercials.

What makes you say they are squandering their lives away? They make enough to live comfortably and they have awesome jobs. Seems like winners to me.

Read the OP (not mine, but I agree and it's true).

You sound pretty mad, fag.

Rich can't even afford to see a dentist despite his tooth hurting for months? Or how bout the fact he lives in an apartment and couldn't even afford a new PC for himself and had to solicit donations despite it being vital for one of his jobs?

Yeah, it's Jack that kind of pisses me off, actually. I already dislike Josh a fair amount, so whenever he says idiot bullshit, I expect it and am kind of indifferent. Jack, however, seems like a likable nice guy when he starts spewing half-baked political idiocy in a damn Pokemon video for the better part of an hour, it's disappointing and causes me to hate the show as a whole.

I mean, a person is totally, completely entitled to under-thought, dangerous, failure political ideaologies and they're even allowed to express them on the internet and on their shows/channels/content. But they have to know that they are there to make fun of movies, play video games, and entertain people. If they continued, it'll only hurt them in the long run.

Most of their fans, too, are fairly conservative from what I've seen, believe it or not. They were ripped apart in the comments of that Pokemon video. I think it's because, even though they are far-left liberals, they do lampoon and make fun of Social Justice shit so they attract a following based on that.

I don't know. I still like them.

Ya I read it and I don't get it. They aren't artists. They are entertainers who get to do what they love. Sounds good to me.

who's the most well-off of the group?

>All the directors and actors that Mike and Jay admire did what they themselves will never do - take a chance, go all in, and shoot for the moon.

Fucking this, what do they think its going to happen pull a double Riddley Scott and break in on their 40s?

If Rich wants to get paid he can go create something himself. Mike and Jay are the driving forces behind everything so they make the money and they seem like they are doing pretty good.

Probably Jack. Married, a couple kids, he seems pretty happy most of the time.

Mike built a semi-successful company. Jay is a decent editor. But what the fuck is Rich? A failed Let's Player? A failed construction worker? A failed actor?

Rich HAS squandered his life away. He has nothing to show for it other than humiliating himself on the whims of his so-called friends.

bruh, i make more money than Rich Evans and I'm fucking miserable.

I wish I had the guts to do what he's doing.

This is basic RLM lore. I'm sure someone else can confirm it.

Rich is married as well.

Confession: I say "Oh my Goooooooooooood" on a daily basis, since getting into RLM in September or so.

>no effort in the half in the bag house story line lately
Did they give up on it? I enjoyed that shit. They used to dedicate a good 5 minutes or so at the start of every hitb episode to their little story line.

so the most successful is the one that Sup Forums finds the most annoying

hmmmm

I really can't stand Jim, the emotionless, probably high and/or overly-medicated on antidepressants Canadian who visits with Collin from time to time. Collin is kinda fun, but Jim is just miserable.

Josh is the one most people find annoying. Jack is the member who people are divided on.

Personally i like Jack, he has great chemistry with the guys and doesn't seem to have a problem with risque jokes even with his politics.

Also, favorite moment is the Dom DeLuise fat-fold pregnancy sequence. Laugh my fucking ass off every time.

Is Jack the bald guy cause he's definitely likable.

Jack is bald. Josh is the fat one with the beard.

Jack is the bald guy, yeah. Very likable but politically, utterly retarded. In Pre:Rec's latest Pokemon video he goes off for like 30 minutes about how scared he is of a Trump presidency and went off on a tangent about poor PoC and LGBTLMNOQ++**-whatever-the-hell. He does it from time to time and it's just very unlikable.

Josh isn't even that bad. His personality fits with the dynamic of the gang.