M-muh evil goat

>m-muh evil goat

why did this get 91% on rotten tomatoes again?

Because it's a very good film.

>why did this get 91% on rotten tomatoes again?
You wouldn't understand.

Because it had an artistic air to it. The movie and story itself was objectively shit.

They could have done much much more with it, But instead chose to keep the witches hidden and obscure from the audience.

because its the best movie of 2016

Ah yes, muh artsy ambiguity. Too bad it went down the drain with that corny as fuck disney movie flying at the end

y it no have jump scares? me like being startled

>Because it had an artistic air to it.

It really didnt. It was a simple story well told, brutally naturalistically.

It's different. It doesn't rely on cheap jump scares. Atmospheric tension and dread build up throughout the whole film. Kid actors and actresses are very professional and didn't take me out of the movie, instead pull me closer to immersion. Subtle and not so subtle meanings and metaphors. Focusing on the evil goat is a bad way to watch this movie. Instead you should have focused on the family falling apart to fear and misery. GO FUCK YOURSELF KIDDO

It's because 91% of people who rated it on Rotten Tomatoes gave it an above average ranking. I guess that puts you in the minority, as far as opinions go, huh OP?

>It doesn't rely on cheap jump scares.
>Subtle and not so subtle meanings and metaphors

Jesus christ, this is like 2010 counter culture reddit hating on paranormal activity. Jump scares are good if used effetively. This movie instead does the now cliche "hehe bet you thought we were gonna do a jumpscare huh... well WE DIDNT LOL" fifty fucking million times im not sure which is more old at this point

Critics are shit in 2012+4

they took me out the boy was shit

>Jump scares are good if used effetively

Exactly, I said it didn't rely on them. The couple that were in there were used effectively. Who are you arguing with? Yourself?

What I'm hearing is you think movies that don't have jumpscares are automatically pretentious, holy shit lol

If you're talking about the older boy then I disagree. I thought that specific performance was really well done and had a Shakespearean vibe to it. Agree to disagree. If you're talking about the younger boy then I don't really know what to say. He had minimal lines to even make an impact either way

The whole "muh horror movie that doesnt rely on jump scares XD" shit is so old. even older and arguably worse than a horror movie that DOES rely of jump scares.

atmosphere is cool but it can only go so far.. they couldnt have put 1 or 2 really off-guard jumpscares or something?

"No."

I don't get why you think the movie was obligated to have jumpscares and why you think it's cliche that it didn't

2DEEPFORU

>muh horror movie that doesnt rely on jump scares XD

Like what is even your argument? Are you just shitposting or what? Are you too dense to accept that different vibes of a movie genre can exist? If you want overdone jumpscares then this movie isn't for you anyways. What i'm getting from you is that you want to argue for argue sake and not even be critical about it. Be happy with your paranormal activities and shut the fuck up

Big difference between dread horror and jump scare horror pal. Grow up

wut is psychological horror hurr

I suspect movies like the witch are marketed to people like you, those that fancy themselves as le intellectuals so they'll dismiss "dumb but fun" stuff like capeshit but in another breath will praise equally "dumb but entertaining" shit like the witch simply because muh gloomy artsy shit

Sup Forums is full of redditors now, this movie is literally on par with guardians of the galaxy in terms of being a dumb flick

Well, the things you didn't like about it were things that a lot of other people did like.

If you have any other movies whose critical reception you would like for me to clear up for you, feel free to share them and I will do my best to relieve your confusion.

Why does Sup Forums shit all over dumb but entertaining flicks like mad max/the avengers but for some strange unfounded reason will hail equally dumb but entertaining shit like the witch?

Stop throwing a bitchfit and spouting buzzwords, the fact is you don't like the movie because it doesn't have jumpscares and that's just about as pleb as you can get

it's not gloomy artsy just realistic and good time piece.

Its a great movie.

what do you expect from degenerate devil worshiping critics

Sup Forums boards are made up of a variety of opinions, and they don't fit perfectly together to form a single, consistent point of view. Also people don't always share your personal opinions on what movies are dumb or entertaining.

Sup Forums also thought Fury Road was a feminist psy-op?? So that fits into the answer somewhere.

Ah so you're just gonna resort to name calling instead of defending yourself and your statement.

>fancy themselves as le intellectuals

No one said that, it's just a different take on the horror genre that doesn't get produced a lot these days because they are pandering to instant gratification to people like you. I like slow burn movies and I like fast paced movies. If your stuck on the one mindset then I feel sorry for you.

It seems like your the type of person to not enjoy something simply because the majority do, basically a hipster. That all I get from you because everything else you type is complete garbage. Your opinion is fabricated simply from a minority standpoint whichever way it goes. Why don't you actually think for yourself for once. You'll be a lot happier for it

>Sup Forums is one person

But sometimes people like Paul Blart so much, they cant grasp anything higher.
They then shitpost on Sup Forums.

>The story was
>OBJECTIVELY
>shit.

Wew lad.

>could have done more with it
>but chose to keep the witches hidden
>even though they literally reveal the witch like 10 minutes in
>and how this perfectly suits dramatic tension i.e. bomb under the table.

Great movie. Its not transcendent or anything, but its a perfect example of what a horror movie can and should achieve.

>I share a board with literal retards like these

>Have unpopular opinion
>Y-you're only pretending to be different!

outside of Sup Forums my opinion is in the majority retard.

No, I share a board with newfags like you that are unaware of the contrarianism they themselves are currently spewing while accusing OTHERS of being contrarian.

Oh boy I was hoping for a nice VVitch thread when opened this, but instead it's nothing but shitposting. You're more pathetic than Sup Forums.

Lol you're still not even attacking the argument. See the thing with Sup Forums is the anonymity allows people to voice there own opinions and criticize without remorse because there is no upvote system or points to show your internet friends. Instead what you have chosen is to use this advantage to shitpost and outcry simply because you can and it's probably the only attention you get for the day. Why don't I help you, here I'll get you started.

>"I dont like the witch because ____"

See that line up there? That's where you get to type your own opinion and actual criticism.

t. Dunning Kruger

It's just one guy spouting buzzwords because he wanted to be startled.

is it the Greatest movie Of All Time though?

We should listen to you since you are sooooo Sup Forums.

Because it's a pleb filter.

Great slow tension building atmospheric horror film, followed by good directing.