Ask a guy who just saw the local premiere of rogue one anything

Ask a guy who just saw the local premiere of rogue one anything.
One>VII

How did you feel about the Tarkin scenes?

How did you feel about the Jar Jar scene?

not OP but Tarkin is boss

Will normies eat this shot up because it's Star Wars

or will the dark ending turn off the casual/not muh Star Wars audience?

CGI is noticeable voice is 10/10. Leia CGI is great. Would have prefered Vader on ground killing the cast while force jumping through the air.

I liked that they restrained themselves with Vader. Yeah, that would have been badass to see but it would have been a little much. I'm happy with what we got.

>promo image
>establishment of cred by acting surprised to have liked it or accepting some irrelevant criticism of another part of the franchise
how much do you get per post?

Second best ten seconds of my life

Your probably right less force unleashed y. But its also like why would the destroy there entire architectural archives? Unless they have backups idk. Maybe it didn't matter when you have the death star.

pretty sure 80% of this board has seen the film by now mate.

If the machine they've built is operational enough to be able to destroy the archives housing all the technical data that was used to create it, then fuck yeah destroy it.
If the Nazis had managed to build that giant super gun they wouldn't have just left the plans in a bunker somewhere and hope no one found them, you bet your ass they would have used the inaugural shell to blow up the bunker with the plans inside.

They destroyed the whole archive because Tarkin literally had a revelation that

-the plans were on that planet
-Krennic was on the planet
-Rebels were on the planet
>that useless cunt Krennic fucked up and the rebels know it

he was trying to protect the Deathstar from future threats

My biggest issue with the film is the storm troopers die to easily and in too large of numbers. It dissolves all tension.

And yes in the originals the stormtroopers miss a lot but Luke and Han are killing them by that tens in the death star, they are for the most part running away.

Am I gonna like this if I didn't really like tfa?

Probably. It's a much different tone and much better acting.

in terms of me being an aspie and dont like crowded theaters, how safe would i be to go to a midnight screening in a bit

plenty??

How GRRRL POWER is this movie?
I honestly find that shit super cringey when we literally live in a society that lets women do whatever they want.

Were the Death Troopers cool? (as in the black elite squad of Stormtroopers)

Also what's the deal with the leader having a Stormtrooper doll? That stuff has been shown in a lot of merchandise recently.

Brilliantly done

>black
I thought the Empire was white supremacist?

>death troopers
They look cool but besides them actually hitting a few of their targets I didn't feel like they were better soldiers or anything
>doll
it was a toy found in Jin's childhood home when storm troopers came to obduct the family

Saying One>VII isn't a compliment. I just want the modern Redditkino action films to die at this point. MCU was a mistake. It's depressing when the only two action films that seem interesting are xXx and the NINTH FUCKING FAST AND FURIOUS MOVIE!

They're human supremacist, first and foremost.

The only non-humans who make it in the Empire had to prove themselves, usually by doing something so fucking crazy and evil/awesome that the Empire is just like "Holy damn, better they're on our side than our enemies' side, go make that thing a custom suit."

When it comes to discrimination between humans, they usually just go for class. Higher class humans of higher social breeding (see: a stuffy near-british accent) tend to get preference over salt-of-the-earth types. The pompous rich are easier to corrupt, farm boys have too many morals and sentimentalities.

Just got out of the theater, vader stole the show

Did they waste Mads Mikkelsen again?

in the EU canon Vader wasn't able to force jump or run because of the loss of his legs. Not sure if that's still canon or not.

Fuck off.

Actually it's much better this time around and feels more natural. There are a few female pilots, so you might get triggeded. But they actually look like pilots and not like art students.

I don't recall 100% but wasn't one of the rebel pilots a 70 year old woman?

>first act boring as shit
>second act better, but still boring
>third act good
He dies at the end of the second act.

Main girl doesn't do much unless it's convenient to the plot.

Pretty sure they were all young, but maybe.

There really wasn't much. She beat up a few storm troopers and that was it. The storm troopers in the movie were made of paper and all had parkinsons or something and weren't at all competent.

>Fuck off
What? Like you seriously don't roll your eyes whenever another "anything you can do I can do better" scene happens in modern Hollywood movies?

I'm fine with female characters, I'm fine with female leads, I just wish they'd play them up more as 'characters' and less as 'women'. It should be impressive that these individual characters have the skills to accomplish great feats, it shouldn't be impressive that they did it "even though they're a woman".

It would be like if any time a midget got cast in a main role, you could expect at least one scene where he goes out of his way to achieve something that typically a tall person would find easier, followed by the midget smirking at a nearby tall person who is befuddled, as if to say "Yeah, I'm a midget, but I was able to do that thing tall people do." Eventually you'd just say "Okay, I fucking get it, he's a midget, can we just focus on his personality instead of his height already?"

Thanks for answering my question, but you didn't need to be so rude.

How old are you

She kills a few stormtrooper in the beginning and then does nothing.

It only exists because people treat women as pretty little princesses if they look like Daisy Ridley. People only expect badass women to look like Vasquez from Aliens.

One time me and a friend happened by a small film shoot, and ended up taking with a qt Asian crew girl who came by carrying a ladder. After she left, he was kind "I was gonna offer to help with the ladder" and I'm like dude, they hate that shit. She's got it just fine. Pretty girls who work blue collar jobs get that shit all the time. So this is a natural consequence. Don't worry, it will die with time.

I really couldn't give a shit about Jyn and Cassian.

I like Cassian role on paper, the Rebel goon who does the dirty shit for the good guys, but i didn't think the execution of that role was done very well.

The Droid was pretty funny.

Donnie Yen was pretty likeable.

The Pilot until the last part of the movie was a noncharacter.