I just marathoned the prequel trilogy to prepare for Rogue One, and pic related was surprisingly the most enjoyable...

I just marathoned the prequel trilogy to prepare for Rogue One, and pic related was surprisingly the most enjoyable. For me, it's 1 > 3 > 2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pEEw8gZI-5s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Phantom menace would have been the best if they just used an older actor for Anakin (or just Hayden Christenson).

That, and giving Maul a larger role as the central villain in the story.

AOTC is unsaveable, however.

i agree, 1 is a fun-enough standalone if it wasn't part of some sacred storyline

>podracing
>naboo starfighters and renaissance architecture
>double-bladed! lightsaber and 2v1 battle
>underwater city with relatively cool aliens (except jj)

bad parts:
- droid army
- bad child actor

overall the best of the 3, i don't know why the meme about the 3rd one

I don't think Anakin was a bad actor, considering the lines he was given

This.
AOTC is incredibly atrocious.

Revenge Of The Sith is almost unbearable. The last 20 minutes of the movie are spent craming as much A New Hope shit into the movie as they can because Lucas wasted the last 2 and a half movies.

The Phantom Menace is the most even and cohesive of the prequels. It also feels the most like the original trilogy to me.

Revenge of the Sith has most of the best individual scenes and sequences peppered throughout, but it's very disjointed as a whole.

Attack of the Clones is just shit.

Phantom Menace is great because there was a lot of practical sets and miniatures

That shit is terrible and it's probably half the reason people like the movie. The other half being the retarded lightsaber duels in the movie.

>"I'm a person and my name is Anakin"
How can you blame Jake for that line?

The podracing sequence on surround sound is still sex. Arguably better than anything Disney has shat out so far.

>The sound of Sebulba's pod racer

honestly, your better off watching the movie and marathoning the orig-trig
because the ending leads almost DIRECTLY into A New Hope

>sit back and just fucking feel it in your ribs

God damn there was some trash in the PTs (and esp since Disney takeover) but that scene/sound engineering was the closest I'd felt to the Originals yet.

Tatooine part was too fucking long imho.

youtube.com/watch?v=pEEw8gZI-5s

What went so wrong?

I > III >> VII > RO > II

Phantom Menace is like two or three directing choices away from being a classic imo. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are still dope and that final sequence coupled with the score still riles me up.

Correct ranking

looks like dicaprio

what went wrong?

Drugs are bad mkay?