Emmy Rossum Reportedly Got the Equal Pay She Asked for on Shameless

slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2016/12/15/emmy_rossum_reportedly_got_the_equal_pay_she_asked_for_on_shameless.html

>Shameless will return to Showtime for an eighth season, after a public pay dispute between star Emmy Rossum and the production company, Warner Bros. Television, has been resolved. Rossum, who stars in the dark comedy as Fiona, the resilient oldest sibling of the hard-luck Gallagher clan, reportedly asked to be paid more than her costar William H. Macy to make up for a years-long salary disparity.

>According to the Hollywood Reporter, which broke the news of the negotiations last week, Rossum took “the position she should be paid more per episode than Macy makes after years of earning much less than her Emmy-nominated co-star.”

>According to the Hollywood Reporter, “Sources say Rossum had an offer of equal pay on the table. It’s unclear if she received more than Macy." Rossum’s apparent victory so quickly after her fight for equal pay was publicized is a tribute to the power of public shaming to get companies to do the right thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xiLcw4juIMk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Cool.
Do you watch Shameless?

>shameless won't end

Good for her, i don't give a shit about that shit tier show thou.

>equality
>more pay than an actor 10x more skilled than her and 10x more famous than her

she's literally getting paid more than her superior because she has a vagina and is jewish

>william h macy, one of the most based career men in the industry, gets paid more for his time and talent
>some retarded ugly brat who can't act waits until her character is established to demand as much as pay as someone who is worth infinitely more in their field
remind me why you numales are cool with this? whose dick did she suck to get paid more for worse performance?

>But anons, it's 2016! Equality means special treatment for pretty ladies like me!

If he's okay with it, supports it, and thinks she deserves this raise why the FUCK is anyone still shitting on it?

because their life revolves around hating women

Where do I get this job?

Life revolves around the price of pussy. If you're a low IQ talentless woman, you should get everything handed to you because you're pretty and have a vagina. And other men will fall into line in fear of retribution.

>he's totally not just blowing smoke so he doesn't end up like gary oldman
Come now user, the game is obvious.

Christ it must be nice being a woman now, knowing you have the power to 'shame' a company into giving you more money rather than having to work hard to get there instead. And these old men are too stupid to understand what's happening, 'i don't want to be on the wrong side of history!', so they naively bow in and support them. It's hardly the older generation of women who are benefiting from it, you know, the ones who actually experience inequality.

The only thing shameless about this is her fucking attitude.

>Donald Trump can bilk contractors, avoid paying taxes for decades, and flaunt his avarice to the glee of millions

>Emmy Rossum can't be greedy even a little bit otherwise she's a whore and a feminazi

Hmm really makes you think.

Thats cute and all but heres the thing: she fucking carries the show and they literally have zero ideas of what to do with William H Masey since at least two seasons ago.

>he thinks hollywood mega lefties pay taxes

lmao

>no one has ever called trump mean things with regard to his avarice and shady dealings
Neurons en fuego!

One of those required a hell of a lot more expense and effort then "Lol I have a vagina please give me money"

Which is the actual definition of being a whore. And I fucking can't stand Donald Trump.

>Macy is one of the greatest actors of his generation
>Rossum is a literal who
>any pay disparity must be due to gender

wew

>be me
>be literal nobody
>get a literal nobody part in a film with Johnny Depp
>be a woman
>find out Johnny Depp is getting paid $10,000,000 for this film
>TRIGGERED MODE: ACTIVATE
>Demand I'm given equal pay to Johnny Depp
>Laugh as the execs go "b-but you're a nobody extra that says one line then is never seen again"
>Tell them they're sexist racist ableist homophobic islamaphobic antisemitic transphobic otherkin hating cisHITlord
>get big cheque for $10,000,000
>public support around me is so large I get invited to chat shows, to meet the POTUS and gets nominated for every single Oscar Award

Such is the struggle of being a woman in 2017.

I just find it sad that nobody in the industry has a spine anymore. Just like their audiencemacy is a legend and deserves more than that frog faced literal who

Could you handle her feet? Her feet are high maintenance.

filename

>shaming
>to do the right thing
Really makes the neurons fire.

California pays more taxes than whatever red shithole you come from.

>women manipulating the press and their employers under the guise of 'feminism' and 'womens rights'

>no defence, no matter how logical can be used because muh feelings

Bravo women

i wouldnt care but she is a shit tier tv actress so fuck her. shes bad. and frankly overrated otherwise. and a jew so why do i care about anyone who isnt a white beautiful princess?

Don't be retarded. The argument comes a moral standpoint, not a practical one. You can't argue that putting effort into being a cunt makes it morally right.

I don't really think knocking down some strawmen of people thinking Trump is a bastion of morality for what he did is all that intelligent either. Nobody who elected Trump gave a shit about all those things, and I sure as shit did not see PRAISE for his actions, quite unlike this farce.

And morally, those who work hardest are worth the most, and those people get paid the most. Social manipulation like this is actually a circumvention of morality.

Just like Roseanne. Appeal to white trash slobs and your show will endure.

Bite your tongue plebeian, outside of Frasier and Married With Children there exists no better sitcom than Roseanne.

Wait why the fuck does she deserve equal pay? Macey's the one bringing in the viewers, fuck he's the star of the show, that's just how top billing works.

In any case why does she get compensated over any of the other co-stars?

1) vagina
2) jewish

i'm more sad that there are plebs that enjoy watching shameless

i've never seen the show. i just follow her on wikifeet.

Is Emmy Rossum jewish?

Do I even have to check?

It has nothing to do with being a woman though. It is the media portraying it that way, so congrats on being retarded and not actually reading what it is about.

Reason she went for this is because she is the main character and thought after 8 years that she deserved a bigger paycheck, which she absolutely does.

>Rossum's mother is Jewish (of Russian Jewish descent) and her father is Protestant (of English and Dutch ancestry).[7] Rossum identifies as Jewish, and has stated that her mother instilled in her the "Jewish code of ethics and morals".[8][9][10][11] She was named for her great-grandfather, whose first name was Emanuel, using the feminine spelling Emmanuelle.[

>Rossum

you already know the answer

bitch ugly but her footgame ridiculous

>It has nothing to do with being a woman though.
are you pretending to be retarded? if a low-tier male actor said "lol i have a penis, i deserve as much pay as morgan freeman, and you need to pay me MORE than morgan freeman to make up for the times that you weren't paying me as much as him" he'd get laughed out of the room, fired, and replaced, nor would ANYONE in the media/social media defend him.

What do you think her footsweet tastes like?

love

Sounds tasty.

is this going to be her last season

>All of these faggots not realizing her character is and has been the focal point of the show since season 1

Seriously the entire plot is about how she deals with having to raise the family on her own without help. William H Macy's character is literally just comic relief and a backstory for the family. He isn't even in half of the episodes

i would deepthroat those feet to clean the foot sweat off

that's like wondering why anthony hopkins got paid the most for doing a few lines in westworld. it's a graded system.

WEW LADS

youtube.com/watch?v=xiLcw4juIMk

I think she'd like that. Your throat would be a nice, warm place for her foot to rest.

>time on screen = amount paid
dats not how it works

It should be at this point honestly. No one's picking up starting in season 8, so the viewers they're getting are here for the Fiona Gallagher show and know what they're getting into.

Maybe in the early seasons Macy deserved more for his draw, but now he's honestly just a drain on the show that they don't know what to do with. Whereas Rossum the glue that holds the show together.

What she's written as doesn't necessarily mean that's what she is to the average viewer. William H. Macy is the big name that draws interest. If it weren't for him, I wouldn't even know the US made a version of Shameless. Sure as shit nobody would have fucking tuned in just to watch her.

A bigger paycheck is fine and all, but you don't find it at all disingenuous that she attacked specifically Macy? Why would that be?

My guess is she was the highest paid on the show besides him, because she was the main character, but not as big of a star draw.

In closing: Congrats on being retarded.

I've never heard of it and I have no idea how any other heterosexual male has either. The name alone screams gay.

>winged shoes

Do you watch the show? Frank is completely irrelevant in the show and nobody tuning in on the last few seasons of Shameless watches it because of him or his star power, people watch it for Fiona.

She is 100% right that she should earn more, Frank is just a useless character and adds nothing to the show, it's insane that she shouldn't have a higher pay when she is the draw + the focal point of the show.