Baseball should be shortened to 7 innings. Watching a baseball game is the equivalent of watching a 3 hour movie

Baseball should be shortened to 7 innings. Watching a baseball game is the equivalent of watching a 3 hour movie.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rfnz32eOpS4
sbnation.com/a/mlb-2017-season-preview/game-length
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No one is asking you to watch baseball.

fpbp

A snoozer of a 3 hour movie, too

youtube.com/watch?v=Rfnz32eOpS4

nothing wrong with wanting to improve it, though

Been essentially the same for over 150 years. No reason to change it. Games are long due to TV.

Also NFL broadcasts are just as long with even more downtime and no one cares

>3 hour movies are bad

Sorry you have such shit taste, OP.

>Movies should be 90-120 minutes, I am very busy and have shit to do.

Liar.

Nobody watches boreball

>the daily BASEBALL IS DYING, BASEBALL IS BORING thread

meme sports come and go but baseball is FOREVER

Some of my favorite movies are at least 2 and a half to 3 hours long. Though I do notice that as I have less and less time I don't watch them as much.
On-topic, the last baseball I watched was the World Series and I didn't feel bored at all.

This.

Millennials are so fucking impatient because they've never had to watch anything longer than a Tumblr clip, their entire lives. There's so much more to life than what you can fit in a Vine.

Baseball is super shite.

7 innings but 4 outs per inning the first three innings.

Baseball is the only watchable, relevant sport taking place this time of year. The last thing we need to do is shorten the games.

>the equivalent
the what equivalent? the sports equivalent? then sure

>I no longer like baseball/am too busy to watch baseball, therefore the games should be shortened

Take the day off and go to a game, user.

baseball is not for plebs
please fuck off

That's not true at all. Baseball is longer than it has ever been. In the 1920s Babe Ruth didn't have to wait for commercials to end and 100 pitching changes to play the game

sauce:sbnation.com/a/mlb-2017-season-preview/game-length

>no one cares

What? People complain about this all the time.

Based hue

Where did I say that?

>watchable
>relevant

Pick zero

>implying user isn't already living the NEET lifestyle

I guess it's similar to Cricket, you can't really appreciate all the nuances and strategy going on if you haven't played it. I enjoy playoff baseball just because of the life and death element but I can't particularly relate to the battle between pitcher and batter so regular season becomes a bit of a bore to me.

They should shorten the regular season though

Did I not say why it's longer? It's due to TV

I will play Baseball when i finally get into the university, so I will start watching it. What team should I choose to cheer for?

Why? Baseball is a marathon and the season separates the good teams from the bad

>the season separates the good teams from the bad

This can still be achieved with less games.

3 hour movies are not bad but do you want to watch a 3 hour movie every time?

I always here this but shortening the regular season is a much better idea. An average teams regular season would take 3 weeks of non-stop continous play to complete. You only have a problem with the length because it's too much time investment for a game that doesnt mean anything.

Shortening the game changes the structure of the game, shortening the season doesn't.

appeal to tradition fallacy

Depends how many games. It's been 162 for 50 years and it's been fine.

The only sports that need less games is basketball and hockey

Changes the structure of the game in a good way, in that it puts less stress on the health of pitchers.

>162 game season
>7 game playoff series
Makes sense.

I love baseball. I watch the Braves game every single god damned night. Start to finish. The live game, not the replay. I think a big part of it is the commentators. I love Chip Caray and Joe Simpson, who are the Fox guys for the Braves broadcast. They're a big part of the entertainment of a baseball game. Recording it and getting through commercials helps as well.

>meme sports come and go but baseball takes FOREVER
this.

You have a >80% chance of winning your division if youre leading it at the all star break by any amount, if it's by any significant amount it goes up much more.. Only a couple teams below .500 at the all star break have made the playoffs. Yeah, you have to play more games due to the nature of the sport, but 162 is overboard. Then it essentially doesn't matter beyond getting into the playoffs because it's crapshoot short series relative to the length of the season.. Playoff series should be best of 9, 11, or 13 for baseball. Not 5 and 7.

Part of the game is the physical grind of the season. It's one thing to throw the ball 98 MPH. It's another thing to do for 7 months. The world series used to be 9 games, I think. I wouldn't mind that if there were fewer series.

>7 teams
What?
>80%
Show me the stat
>9 games
In like 4 series because they wanted to make more money

>Muhhhlenialls xD

No, hockey is ridiculously close. If anything, they need even more games. A large portion of teams make the playoffs on the last day.

I think they should shorten the season to 150 games or so it would be better for TV and shit to not have meme 10 am getaway day games. The players union would throw a fit over the loss of work though

Getting real tired of those people that don't even watch the sport trying to change it to something that they still wouldn't bother watching anyway

you're a fucking millennial ffs

stop throwing around buzzwords like they explain everything

>best of 11
fields would literally be snowed over in the fucking cold parts of america