Baltimore City 911 is down

Looks like we are alone in one of the most dangerous cities in the US. Just locked the doors, as I hear the helicopters swing over Druid Hill Park.
baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/baltimore-city/bs-md-ci-911-down-20160614-story.html

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/baltimore/comments/237l74/i_have_a_theory_i_call_it_omars_law/
baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-court-guns-20160204-story.html
articles.baltimoresun.com/2009-09-16/news/0909150076_1_samurai-sword-samurai-weapon-pontolillo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

stay safe. do you own a firearm?

What kind of moron leaves their doors unlocked? Especially in the ghetto of the United States of America

sauce, boss?

>system restored

druid hill area is pretty fucked anyway. Baltimore is only worth visiting for the aquarium anymore, and I guess if you're into baseball.

>do you own a firearm?
>Maryland

kek

>living in baltimore
>leaving your doors unlocked ever

The only people who can get away with that are people out in country far enough that niggers can't walk there.

>mfw sitting in a garage in Hamilton MD listening to the sirens and helicopters

At least I'm armed. Hope I get to make it a Mac tonight

I have a little 22 carbine. Its still loaded from the riots.

Yeah, I am sure the score will go up tonight.

reddit.com/r/baltimore/comments/237l74/i_have_a_theory_i_call_it_omars_law/

Why even bother with a 22 except for plinking?

I live in an geographically isolated part of the city. It is surrounded on one side by Johns Hopkins, to the south a confluence of a river and a stream, to the west a river and a highway and to the North some of the most expensive real estate in Baltimore. We are also on a hill that rises up and looks over a valley. Its pretty safe.

And my spot is surrounded by parks.

>it's the episode where a Baltimore judge tries to pull the wire on the major crimes unit only to accidentally take down 911

For Mr. T or the 911 being down?

I provided a link.

Oh man, I would never live over there.

Otherside of JFX

Aim center mass. It'll skip across a skull sometimes, but you wouldn't believe the havoc .22 does to lungs and guts. Lungs especially, if it shatters over a rib.
.22 is laughed at by CoD kiddies and /k/ucks, but it's infamous amongst EMTs for being horrifically lethal in the torso.

Baltimore is not all Pennsylvania and North.

My neighbors are extremely vigilant and employed. We have a retired guy that is home all day, but we don't have ghetto problems... we have suburban crime. Like someone stole a fishing pole, and we caught two kids screwing in our alley. Not the Wire.

There was a sharp uptick in sirens in the Northern district. I heard the helo swing over again 10 minutes ago headed south... and now its back to the north.

It was cheap. The Ammo is cheap, and my wife is not used to guns. There is a Sub-2000 or AR clone in my future.

and McNulty bangs a waitress.

Yessir.
My brother is a Firefighter/Paramedic in SoCal and he says the chest wound is tiny from a 22, but the internal bleeding is horrific.

I, hope to never have to use it, but its short, quick, quiet and the wife is not scared to use it.

Good thing I moved from the city to my parents' house during the riots. Fuck that shit city. Got my money stolen twice and I don't even live in west baltimore.

>plays COD
>le expert killing machine
>i know my equipment, kid.
>thinks humans can take more than 1 shot to the torso.
>thinks 2 grams of metal traveling at 1,600 feet per second is "no stoping power"

I own one and im in marys land

when niggers take over

when will we finally wake up. I feel like I'm that old guy from the Giver who has all this painful knowledge and heightened sense of self-awareness and I'm forced to suffer, living amongst a bunch of retarded animals.

>linking to redit
>something that fucking stupid
kys

Why would anyone choose to live in Detroit?

imagine this shit happening with your 2nd amendment repealed.

hope you have the means to defend yourself, ameribro.

>Sub-2000 or AR clone in my future
muh nigga, get a SU-16c

Thanks!

You're saying a .22 is more lethal than higher calibers when shot at the chest? I find that hard to believe. 9MM, .38, they're gonna do more damage simply because they carry more energy. Maybe because its easier to aim a .22 and easier to get multiple shots off in a tight grouping, they tend to be more fatal, other than that I don't believe it

I took The Wire tour via Google Earth and I have to ask, why would anyone live in Baltimore?

Because you're a drug addicted nigger, thats why.

We have registration on AR lowers, but that could be in trouble:
baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/bs-md-court-guns-20160204-story.html

Accident and assassination inflates .22 numbers, confusing the novice.
Don't worry about trophies, look at your situation.
Will you be right on top of the target, shooting point blank? .22 is probably preferable to minimize mess, noise and the bulkiness of the weapon.
Do you need something to stop moving at a distance? Take a look at .308.

I think it has more to do with the fact that a bigger caliber may just power straight through the ribs in mostly one piece, but a smaller one will break into a billion little pieces, all of which are slicing and dancing all of your lungs

Because it's not true. Bullets, once they've penetrated the target, wound by two mechanisms: crushing and stretching. For all intents and purposes, a handgun (especially a .22) lacks the velocity to cause tissue to stretch beyond its elastic limit. There are exceptions, of course, as the brain isn't elastic to any significant degree. But, really, a wound to the head is almost guaranteed to be incapacitating. What does that leave us? Crushing, the damage a handgun imparts on a victim is done chiefly by the tissue is crushes as it moves through the target. Yes, the trajectory of the round CAN change if it strikes bone, etc. but generally it goes in a straight line. While it's not impossible, it's extremely unlikely that a round will ''bounce around''. The only area where this might be somewhat common would be a bullet penetrating the skull at such an angle as to slide along the parameter.

The round either hits a bone and fragments, ruining the important meat-thing it landed next to and lodging a dozen pieces in it; or it hits just meat and tumbles in a manner unlike higher-energy rounds that travel straight through.
Not more instantly lethal than a higher-energy round in the heart, but you're much less likely to luck out and be salvageable and almost guaranteed to go into shock within seconds.

That sounds plausible, I can believe that.

Of course if you really wanted to do internal damage, you need hollow points.

>living in Druid Hill
You couldn't pay me to live there. Or anywhere north of Orleans St.

Nah, it more about the wife being comfortable with shooting.
I don't know what would be the best.

>Orleans St. yarg... I went to look at a house listed as "North Fells." It was in Section 8 housing and directly across from projects.

I passed. No pioneering for me...

North of Orleans: Hampden, Roland Park?

At risk of sounding like some sperglord fedora weeabo I'm seriously thinking of buying a fucking quality katana just for this eventuality.

When Tyrone and Shitavious and D'La'qua'trayvon kick down my door in a home invasion and I not longer have a safe full of black rifles...

I'm seriously thinking a two foot long razor sharp blade is my families best chance in that situation.

Thoughts Sup Forums?

>SU-16c
Looks good. Watched a Nutnfancy episode on that in 201X

Katana are shit weapons used as cheap sidearms that you didn't want to need to use.

If you want to keep the week theme, get a naginata. Short sword better for indoor use with a better thrusting point without losing too much of the cutting edge.

And go for high quality steel. The "traditional" way to make week swords uses shit metal, so you want to avoid authenticity in this case.

Been proven effective:
articles.baltimoresun.com/2009-09-16/news/0909150076_1_samurai-sword-samurai-weapon-pontolillo

>ebt down
>911 down
>druid hill park

Occultists are getting ready to crash the plane!

True the damage done by force is the biggest factor in a effective wound, however the idea behind using a .22 leverages the low velocity by the tendency for the round to lodge in organs. Rendering a quick and safe extraction more on the dangerous side.

A higher velocity round has little to no chance of doing this at close range.

Weeb.

Goddamn my phone just does not want me to type that word. Fucking hate not having a keyboard.

Anyways, if you really want to go all out, you can get a Ninjato. Should actually be perfect for fighting indoors, although honestly, you'd probably just get shot.

>Ninjato
>Occultists are getting ready to crash the plane!
>>>

β€œIt did not last long. It is only in the movies that knife fighters stab and miss and slash and miss and tussle over several city blocks.”
― James Jones