>An Orphan of Fortune

Great album desu.

Why?

You didn't list the best song on the album user
youtube.com/watch?v=HAy4Unc4uX4

>I know remember mgmt
It's been a while

That one is my favorite.

Guys I think Siberian Breaks is average, am I retarded?

The lyricism blew me away on first listen

Sorry but yeah

dubs confirm

Easily the best of their 3 so far, but 2 of the 3 new tracks has me excited that the new record may take that spot!

Has anyone else noticed the salley-ester watts field in this album?

These aren't Plenty of Girls in the Sea

I'm sure there's a story that the music is based around, but it's kinda hard to discuss the narration of an album when there are no lyrics at all.

Why can't we talk about these? One's the saddest album ever made and the other is the greatest album ever made.

>One's the saddest album ever made and the other is the greatest album ever made.
jesus fuck. listen to a lot more music

give me a sadder album..
ill wait
pussy

Cool it with the name calling man, not nice

I'm sorry user, you're right.

Faggot

808s and heartbreaks is sadder than this album I never understood the praise it got

>tfw friends have kids now :(
>tfw too much money :((
>tfw no qt waifu :(((

vs

>tfw wife dies from cancer
>tfw its a year later and can't get over her
>tfw you see here everywhere and can't stop thinking about her and it drives you mad and depressed and you have a kid and you don't know how you're gonna bring her up without her and you're all alone

hmm

yeah thank for the warning man
I'm never going to listen to this album

this. also Introspection

I actually unironically agree with this

When the album came out I was only listening to Introspection off of it.

Thinking of going back and giving it another try because of new album hype.

newfag

Honest to god was so disappointed with this album. Looked forward to it a ton after ILYHB.

Disclaimer: FJM is my favorite artist ever. Period. ILYHB is the greatest album I've ever listened to, and FF is also 10/10.

But PC was just... meh. He threw variation and excitement out the window, and I can appreciate the album, but it just let me down.

Granted, the first half of the album was fantastic. But "Leaving L.A."? "Growing Old..."? What did we gain from that? What was explored (except Misty's obviously insanely great lyricism)?

Aight end rant.

The music is the only thing that saved the album from being too pretentious and annoying, it was really well arranged and beautiful. I have legit ADHD so hearing people talk about how it was boring and not varied enough sounds stupid to me because if I can find it interesting most of the way through (it does drag a bit on Growing Old) then so can everyone else.

It love it, through and through. My feelings mirror a lot of what musician Richard Edwards wrote in this review:

www.talkhouse.com/richard-edwards-margot-nuclear-sos-father-john-mistys-persona-suicide-note

Cool Song No. 2 and Mystery Disease are actually the only songs I think are 'meh' on this album. Alien Days, the Introspection cover, and Your Life is a Lie are pretty good, but all of Side 2 is amazing, IMO.

Frankly, love the pretentious feeling kinda stuff that Misty puts out. It's entertaining in a way.

But good god how can you remain engaged through 14 minutes of no chorus, conclusion, or coherence of Leaving LA? I abhor that song.

Don't get me wrong, long songs and similar arrangements are no problem for me, and I don't hate the album. But I just know FJM could've done better. Didn't help that I was expecting ILYHB-esque compositions.

>legitimate discussion on Sup Forums

Fucking this. (c)Rapfags need to get gassed.

>But good god how can you remain engaged through 14 minutes of no chorus, conclusion, or coherence
I'm gonna assume you aren't a Mark Kozelek fan then

I just find the lyricism entertaining, not every song needs a story, just say stuff that funny/interesting

Easily the best MGMT record so far. When You Die is definitely a continuation of the sound of the self titled so I'm hoping the rest of the new stuff will be similar.

This is objective.

It's actually my least favourite on the album. I think it's the only track where dense and noisy sound takes away from my enjoyment.

Literally any of them.

>And when the west wind sweeps through the leaves,
>emperors of history fall to their knees
>Small fronds can’t see the wood for the trees,
>left in the dust of the mystery disease
Fucking amazing, Andrew Vanwyngarden is seriously an underrated lyricist.

>Go on, tell your symptoms to me
>It’s not in any of the books you can read
>It’s no fun to face what you don’t get to be,
>But what’s one more to the mystery disease?

I'm a bit biased as far as these specific lyrics are concerned but they definitely made me re-avaluate a lot of MGMT lyrics and they all came to impress me

I’m glad that people on here seem to be warming up to this record. I still think Stylez Inlimited is a multi layered psychedelic masterpiece.

Are you going to post this in every thread that mentions Pure Comedy?

wattd