Why doctor! Are you insinuating that I'm some kind of Star Trek thread?

Why doctor! Are you insinuating that I'm some kind of Star Trek thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Into_Darkness_(soundtrack)
youtube.com/watch?v=Bn_m5CZkl9I
youtube.com/watch?v=4NjssV8UuVA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Commander tell me about your sexual organs

>It's a GMILF episode

I like Lwaxana episodes

Are Denobulans related to Cardassians?

We all do.

I know we all wanted a taste of that milf.

You think you can escape our jew hatred in here lol?

JEW

NIGGER

FAGGOT

Tasting a promiscuous GILF seems like a good way to catch several diseases

me too

They don't have STDs in Star Trek.

STRONK

That....thing...creeped me out to no end. He seems like someone who would throw you in the back of a windowless van while youre walking to your car in the supermarket parking lot, and take you to a dingy basement in a meat packing plant in Duluth and perform heinous and godless experiments on you without anesthetic with stained tools from a rusty tray near the bed. All the while singing "dov'e sei amato bene" in that weird ass voice. Completely bereft of anything like sympathy and getting happier the more you bellow for him to stop cutting into your organs.

You make the best posts.

>77310803
No reason not to think so
>that episode where Picard finds out aliens jizzed into the primodial soup of a ton of planets hundreds of millions of years ago

I mean it was weird that aliens could breed with humans anyway but what the hell man

I don't understand what there is to talk about in these threads. The new Treks are not worthy of discussion and everything that could be said about the old series has been said and no new people are watching it.

We live here.

Its just comfy conversation about the older treks and memes ofcourse.

Also it has been shown in DS9 that black people are physically stronger than klingons.

LOOK AT ME

I AM THE CAPTAIN NOW

RIP STAR TREK

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

We already had a woman and a black guy as a captain so this was pretty logical lets just hope that they won't fill the bridge with pink haired landwhales.

>so this was pretty logical
good goy!

Guess who the only other ship captain announced is?
YOU GUESSED IT! PIC RELATED
Seriously. Can we just put the final nail in the franchise already? Please? Why torment a dying beast?

You know what bugs me about Star Trek Enterprise,? That the NX-01 looks like a direct predecessor in the design lineage of the constitution class and beyond. They really should have gone with the sphere like Daedalus class and maybe the Vulcans have saucers and the Andorians have some other element that would be seen as later used in TOS era ships. The technologies and aesthetics of which would have all been combined when Starfleet became the de-facto fleet of the Federation as a way to reflect a coming together of worlds instead of Earth's apparent manifest destiny.

>Enterprise is best trek

Why would they have a barber on a starship that uses scissors? Hair cutting technology not having advanced in 400 years aside, at any while getting a trim they could hit a subspace disturbance or a Romulan ship could decloak and fire upon them or any other number of reasons the ship gets shaken like an etch-a-sketch every episode and bam you have a pair of scissors lodged in your fucking skull.

Getting your haircut is about the conversation you antisocial twerp, it's like asking why does a tailor still exist in the future.

Because Garak is a drooling pervert that likes having an excuse to fondle customers?

>Whoa there Garak, that's not how you measure an inseam!
>it is on Cardassia Doctor, and might I just say I'm -incredibly- jealous.

It's a Geordi has a beard episode

>implying other people don't also like having an excuse for Garak to fondle them.

Well this is a Cardassian Rune trading forum, we trade images of Bajoran (and sometimes not Bajoran) comfort women.

Would she comfort my pet Cardassian Garanky?

cute

That's the beauty of Bajoran comfort women; they don't get a say in the matter.

FFFFFFUCK YOU TOWEL!!

Comfort women you say...

what the fuck do you have against michelle yeoh

hates freedom

>Computer, initiate Rape Gangs of Turkana IV routine. Relay holoprojector power to all crew changing their appearance to Tasha Yar. Disengage safety protocols.

what?

He's saying that she's Chinese, Bro!

so? stewart was a brit and shatner a canadian

Two countries that are basically parodies of America.

Wait shatner isn't american?

WHERE ARE YOU

He's jewish too if you didn't also know that well known fact.

He's Canadian AND Jewish
Might as well just wipe his ass on Old Glory

Right here

Doesn't really surprise me actually.

>what ya doin rabbi?

WHERE ARE YOU!?

WHERE ARE YOU!!!???

They never got the federation being made up of thousands of different planets thing quite right. Probably the old "writers are human" and "audiences are humans" thing. And I can't blame them. Would normies have given them ratings if I wasnt a bunch of yanks fucking around in space making fun of alien allies?

Bashir can be quite a player actually he just goes full spaghetti near dax.

That wasn't even the question he asked moron, how about you reread the post.

anyone would spaghetti around dax

Julian is /ourguy/

>tfw no alien captain

would be a lot more interesting desu senpai

Agreed but O'brien is /ourpaddy/.
Would there be guinness in the 24th century ?

Worst Dax

jadzia a slut

joran best dax

A vulcan captain would have been nice with a human 1st mate.

No way I'd take orders from some pointy-eared fucker

Chain of command is chain of command user.

>
>Tasting a promiscuous GILF seems like a good way to catch several diseases
I never really considered her promiscuous, I'm fairly sure she planned to marry everyone she fugged

Agreed. Fuck those autistic pointy eared shits. Can't even use logic to understand that it would be logical to account to human emotion.

Klingon opera sounds pretty comfy actually.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to, I'm sure there is a laser hair trimmer or whatever but Mott doesn't like using it. And I doubt you could accidentally kill someone with barbers scissors. Lose an ear or a massive gash at most, the point isn't strong enough to impale a skull without massive effort.

Are there canonically fat Klingons?

in DS9 there is an obese klingon chef

He was just from Klingon Hawaii

>I'm sure there is a laser hair trimmer or whatever
There is an episode where we see Sisko using one. I agree with you though. I mean hell, lots of people still use straight razors despite us having technological upgrades, and as I understand it, they still give a better shave than an electric or even a disposable.

There is at least one fatty on DS9.

How about you redirect a negative ion charge through the dilithium crystals up your ass.

>Would there be guinness in the 24th century ?
There's probably Stout but I always figured most specific instances of their past were lost in WW3 and beyond: even if they found a tinny of it that didn't get contaminated by fallout or whatever they probably all mutated into something undrinkable over the centuries, and they'd never find the recipe because it's secret so they had to recreate it from a Stout recipe. Same with music, all the CDs got EMP'd but sheet music survived so they could play classical tracks but nothing modern.

>Same with music, all the CDs got EMP'd but sheet music survived so they could play classical tracks but nothing modern.
You know what? That helps.

You right well, 10/10 post

I almost want them to flesh out the Eugenics war. Considering how Khan and his army are supposed to be superior to normal humans in virtually every way, it would be interesting to hear what happened in greater detail.

But it probably would just be taking advantage of their genetically enhanced hubris or something.

That's pretty sad if you think about it.
Centuries of culture went down the drain.

Pretty common in major wars. Most well known example is probably the burning of the library in Alexandria, which has happened more than once.

Those Klingons at the security checkpoint or whatever it was Uhura has to badly speak Klingon to get though in Undiscovered country were pretty fat

There was that klingon chancellor before Gowron.

Captain, that's not logical.

You know what is bot logical?
That according to some people you cab commit war crimes without there being a war.

t.your friendly neighbourhood file clerk

To use contemporary music or any form of culture like literature or movies in Trek would require writers and producers to predict what becomes a classic. It takes usually a decade or two that mankind can collectively agree is a song just another hit or something worthy of being considered to be classic. Using contemporary music is potentially divisive thing for fans of the show.

Shitty pulp detective stories from 40's are implied to be great pieces of classic literature on par with Greek classics and fucking Shakespeare in Trek. Sure, it's a nod to Roddenberry and writers involved in TOS, but it is played as a joke.

Classical music is also public domain so they can play it without having to pay royalties or getting permission.

What if the Klingon is also black?

Then it's a Kligger, you racist.

>just finished watched TNG through for the first time a month or so ago
>still haven't watched the finale cause I don't want it to be "over"
>already on S6 of DS9

I don't want the adventures to end

If you can't handle the end of TNG, you should probably stop watching DS9 like halfway through season 7.

Nah I feel like it'll be alright with DS9 because of its more continous story.

Is it okay if I watch it on BBC America?

Too damn comfy and Troi is a whore would fuck her but Beverly is better even with the shit head kid.

>Is it okay if I watch it on BBC America?
I don't see why not. I'd still recommend a dvd or torrent over actually watching tv, but BBC America is probably the best station any Star Trek has ever been aired on.

Keep in mind that Voyager and Enterprise both aired on UPN, and that's where a lot of us watched them.

>Classical music is also public domain so they can play it without having to pay royalties or getting permission.

Money isn't really an issue. Star Trek isn't independent student film, it has been backed by major studio since since 1st of January 1968. Given how interconnected media ownership is.. there might be actual pressure to put contemporary popular music to any tv-show or movie, because quite often studio is part of corporation that also owns record label. They might want to use tv-shows and movies to promote their other products, like musicians.

Even if there isn't connection trough ownership, there is still room for all sorts cooperation between studios and record labels, like publication deals for soundtracks.

It is ridiculously common to insert some pop or rock song into movie soundtrack, even if all music in the film is typical contemporary classic music made for the movie soundtrack. Suddenly a pop song near the end of credits. That has two market benefits for shekel grabbers. First might make a movie fan also fan of some band or singer. The other thing is that it might make obsessive fan of said singer or band fork out shekels for the soundtrack so his/her collection of said artists discography is as complete as possible.

This kind of thing has happened on soundtrack of Into Darkness. There are regional versions of the fucking soundtrack with a local artist.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_Into_Darkness_(soundtrack)

This is on Japanese version.

youtube.com/watch?v=Bn_m5CZkl9I

Fits perfectly on soundtrack and it is virtually indistinguishable from orchestral score of film.

youtube.com/watch?v=4NjssV8UuVA

is it just me or does this sound vaguely like a star trek theme?

My computer is dead and I'm poor!

Voyager always reminded me of this.