Norm macdonald live

Incoming shitstorm
twitter.com/normmacdonald/status/809637479674281984

Will new norm ever happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/22/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

basically every reply to that tweet is someone who didn't get the joke why are these people following Norm

Norm just master trolling

He's got a point.

isis uses terrorist attacks to increase anti-muslim rhetoric in western states to increase muslim persexton in order to make muslims feel that persecuted and become more sympathetic to radical causes. the right plays into this tactic perfectly, they're unknowingly in cahoots with isis in this way.

cool how I misspelled persecution twice

is norm /ourguy/?

Posting on a phone like an asshole will do that to you.

>All it takes for muslims to flip to radicalism is some mean words from a vocal minority
truly makes one ponder

Its beautiful to watch a master of his craft work.

Reasonable people understand that nuking 50 million Americans is just taking out the garbage.

do you actually believe that childlike simplification is a real argument? cmon user

>STOP HATING ISIS YOU'RE FALLING RIGHT INTO THEIR TRAP!

Listen, if Muslims are on the verge of sympathizing with radical causes (1.1 billion already support ISIS) then fuck them.

I do what I want bitch

>STOP HATING ISIS
nobody said this. you purposefully misrepresented the statement to support your own statement. please don't be intellectually dishonest.

Do you really think ISIS gives a shit about some vague concept of muslim persecution on the other side of the world?
They want to bring about the end times. They're a fucking doomsday cult. Why do you think they bomb so many world heritage sites?

Simplistic though it is, he's totally right. If all it takes to radicalize an entire population (mind you I don't believe it does, American Muslims are notoriously resilient to this, it's their faggot fucking retard children who radicalize) is a few simple words then they are forever incompatible with Western values, whose first and foremost pride is freedom of speech.

How many levels of irony is Norm on now? 8? 9?

No, the issue is that Pew Research shows 1.1 billion muslims sympathize with ISIS. Now I don't know if you've seen the videos, but I don't want to associate with anyone who supports heads being crushed by rocks, executions by gun, knife, people being burned alive, drowned, run over by tanks, little boys being beheaded, little boys forced to carry out executions, I really don't give a shit whether or not I make Muslims feel "persecuted" when statistically most support this nonsense. Any reasonable Muslim would understand why it's statistically unsafe to be taking in tens of thousands, hundreds of thousands, even millions of refugees who we cannot vet as all FBI and ex FBI directors have said, refugees who have been proven to be involved in terrorist attacks already in Europe.

That's not persecution of Muslims. That's national safety and you can take your communist bullshit elsewhere. I don't give a shit about Muslim feelings, I care about people's safety.

its a recruitment device. these are published tactics by al qaeda and other extremist groups. terrorist attacks inflame anti muslim sentiment which creates extremist supporters.

>Pew Research shows 1.1 billion muslims sympathize with ISIS
this is a lie. according to pew the majority of muslims in the west AND in most muslim countries don't agree with violent extremist
>communist bullshit
lol you can't discredit yourself any faster than injecting irrelevent paranoia into a discussion

This chart doesn't have my exact claim because it's a more recent Pew poll.

Anyways, wah wah wah muh Muslim feelings. Not going to bother to respond anymore, you're hopeless.

here's pew research from 2016.
pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/07/22/muslims-and-islam-key-findings-in-the-u-s-and-around-the-world/
the reason you will no longer respond is because you know you are peddling disinformation.

your circle bubble is irrelevent and has nothing to do with your claim regarding support for ISIS.
you were wrong, here are the stats:

>Recent surveys show that most people in several countries with significant Muslim populations have an unfavorable view of ISIS, including virtually all respondents in Lebanon and 94% in Jordan. Relatively small shares say they see ISIS favorably. In some countries, considerable portions of the population do not offer an opinion about ISIS, including a majority (62%) of Pakistanis.

>Favorable views of ISIS are somewhat higher in Nigeria (14%) than most other nations. Among Nigerian Muslims, 20% say they see ISIS favorably (compared with 7% of Nigerian Christians). The Nigerian militant group Boko Haram, which has been conducting a terrorist campaign in the country for years, has sworn allegiance to ISIS.

>More generally, Muslims mostly say that suicide bombings and other forms of violence against civilians in the name of Islam are rarely or never justified, including 92% in Indonesia and 91% in Iraq. In the United States, a 2011 survey found that 86% of Muslims say that such tactics are rarely or never justified. An additional 7% say suicide bombings are sometimes justified and 1% say they are often justified in these circumstances.

>In a few countries, a quarter or more of Muslims say that these acts of violence are at least sometimes justified, including 40% in the Palestinian territories, 39% in Afghanistan, 29% in Egypt and 26% in Bangladesh.
:)

There's somewhat of a "chicken or egg" scenario here, where radical islamic behavior leads to anti-muslim sentiments and vice versa.
However, there are a few things we know for certain:
Islam, as an ideology, is fundamentally flawed. There's no better example of this than observing those who follow the fundamentals of the faith. Violence against women, non-believers, homosexuals, apostates are all within Islam's core values.
>inb4 but christiani-
Christianity has no shortage of flaws, however the church has taken many steps forward in adapting their religion for the modern world. Islam, without a caliph or any real centralization of faith, is doomed to wallow in bronze age thinking for centuries to come.
Sorry if I don't want these hair-trigger zealots in my country

I don't think anyone in this thread disagrees that Islam is garbage.

I'm new to norm, what exactly does he mean? Is he making fun of the people who care more about he Muslims than the people killed

*the

What I'm getting from your cherry-picked stats is that 14% of UNITED STATES muslims think that suicide bombing can be justified. That's beyond fucked up.

he's joking about that perception, but I'm on the fence as to whether that perception is totally accurate. there is a fuck load of hate for muslims in ameirca, despite the fact that american muslims for the most part are quite americanized and moderate. and it is true that muslim terrorism does inflame anti muslim rhetoric which results in some degree of public persecution which is unfair to those muslims. at the same time muslim extremism is a real issue that needs to be addressed for what it is. it's a very tricky situation.

>don't you get it?! They WANT you to defend yourself

Jej

>muslims majority supporting enforcement of Sharia
>b-b-b-but they don't support ISIS!

>14% of American muslims support blowing themselves up to further their ideology
>b-b-b-b-ut they don't support ISIS!

>s-s-stop calling out their backwards medieval ideology, you'll make them join ISIS

If they don't realise how fucked Islam is and can't take criticism of it, deciding instead to ALLAHU SNACKBAR their way to matyrdom then they're not compatible with western society and should be removed from it forcefully.

your claim was a billion muslims support isis. pew research shows that number is much, much lower. you can move goalposts to another argument if you want, but your original claim was wrong and your own source proves it. sorry user.

>Islam, as an ideology,
Islamism is the ideology. Islam the religion isn't fundamentally flawed, it just turns out a lot of its followers are Islamist nuts.
Also hey guys, remember how this thread was supposed to be about norm macdonald and his career as a funnyman and occasional twitter troll?

I'm not sure what argument you think you're making. extremist muslim groups openly admit that terrorist attacks in western countries are in part efforts to recruit supporters by inflaming anti muslim rhetoric. which part do you disagree with?

Islam is a political ideology you fucking moron.

You're not talking to who you think you are talking to.

462,000 American Muslims can justify murdering civilians in the name of Islam
231,000 American Muslims can justify blowing themselves up in the name of Islam

that post was in reference to the user making the claim that a billion muslims support isis, he was wrong. much less than a billion support isis or extremism. Islam is shit, sure, but that wasn't the point. do try to keep up please

yes and that is not relevant to the conversation that was taking place. nobody claimed no muslims support extremism. the argument was the amount of muslims that support it

I'm not looking to debate you, you're boring as shit.

that's fine, that doesn't change what the original argument was

I never made that claim. Makes you wish you were on reddit sometimes, doesn't it?
Islam the religion and islamism the ideology are both flawed at their core, if both are based on the same book that advocates death to gays, atheists, and adulterous women.

You're missing the part where you're being called out for and destroyed as an apologist. Your trying to save face by splitting hairs over whether or not muslims support ISIS is irrelevant given the attitudes of most muslims and all majority muslim states aligning closely with those of ISIS.

and you are unable to understand simple concepts so I guess we both lose

Try to watch you're language when you don't know what you're talking about. Islam is a religion. Islamism is a political ideology that believes Islam should be the guiding force in government.

This
The point being made is that you are being an apologist for a group where, as the picture here shows, most support the horrid Sharia Law among other awful practices.

Of course not every Muslim supports ISIS but nearly every Muslim supports horrible things, and crying about how they feel/that they will recruit to ISIS is the point- if they are that close to be recruited by ISIS, they were fucked anyways.

let me help you retards out here
this post
is only in reference to this statement
that 1.1 billion muslims supprting isis.
that statement was wrong. any other arguments you project are irrelevent

What does this tweet say? He blocked me.

>based on the same book that advocates death to gays, atheists, and adulterous women.
You mean like christianity and judaism? Relgions exist how their followers interpret them. It just turns out that the majority of muslims right now have a really fucking stupid interpretation of their religion.

>What terrifies me is if ISIS were to detonate a nuclear device and kill 50 million Americans. Imagine the backlash against peaceful Muslims?

Religion is a form of ideology. Therefore Islam is an ideology, although not necessarily a political one

THERE'S NO EQUIVALENCY.

should be to What did you do to get blocked by Norm Macdonald?

So? What's the point?

Can't wait for the retarded trumpcucks getting triggered over this even though he is mocking the people they hate.
God Norm is great.

B A S E D

You're brain has been fried by memes

are you stupid?

So you don't think it is a joke mocking exactly people who say this?
Called it.

>the majority of muslims right now have a really fucking stupid interpretation of their religion.
In that they are following their holy book to a T? Yeah, it's pretty stupid.
I have never said that no religion is without its faults. However, if we're to look at the founding texts of each religion, the New Testament, and to a lesser extent the Torah, are not nearly as dangerous as the Quran.

This ISIS guy is a real jerk!

Are you slow?

So if someone makes a joke mocking something a group of people says, he's actually making fun of people who would laugh at that joke or make that joke??

Are you illiterate? Where did I say that?
Can I not use pronouns with you retards? Are you too inbred to figure out context?

thanks for making me laugh in the midst of how shitty this thread turned out

Islam is not a religion of peace and anyone with a rudimentary understanding of history will know that more bloodshed and conquering has been committed in the name of Islam than any other religion.

>t-t-the crusades!

Yeah, the crusades which absolutely pale in comparison to the amount of Muslim incursions into Europe between the original Islamic Caliphate and the Ottoman Empire. If it wasn't for Charles Martel it isn't a stretch to say that a good deal of Europeans living north of the Danube would be getting on their knees every day for Allah.

Of course, this isn't even touching on the absolute insanity of Timurlane and his Mughal offspring.

I'm saying your brain is fried and your butthurt is odd. Especially when you're butthurt about the theoretical butthurt of another group.
Too much time spent here i think

If 3 people called you out for making no sense, maybe you are the problem and not us.

If my goal is to be a martyr and you kill me, then yeah, I do win.

>butthurt
I am getting nostalgia from the insults you are using. Are you going to rickroll me next?
That is the bandwagon fallacy my friend. I would argue there are obviously a lot more than just 3 retards. Especially on Sup Forums and especially in Sup Forums threads.

I actually don't get it. maybe it's cause people say this kind of thing all the time unironically that this level of irony is basically indecipherable.

How about you explain what you mean so we can know if you said it correctly or not? Because it still makes no sense, 3 people agree.

You seem fired up which is incredibly strange to me.

What did he mean by this?

The hint that he is joking is in the first part.
Usually people who defend islamic terrorism like that don't focus so much on the western victims.

I mean that people on both sides won't get it and think he is genuine. And I am on Sup Forums so I am only going to see the alt-right cucks.
I know I am going to see this tweet in Norm threads and maybe even more threads about it. All from trumpcucks who don't get it.

guys it was a joke lmao you all need to chill out and get laid

All I did was look forward to the inevitable retards not getting it.
And speaking about retards you guys felt addressed.
That says more about you than me.

But why would "trumpcucks get triggered" by this if they think he's mocking who they hate?
If they don't get it, doesn't that mean they won't be triggered by it and they'll just take it as a genuine agreement with their stance?

Are you sure you're not slow?

What the fuck?

You should take like 4 days off from this site. Just a cool down period.

>if they think he's mocking who they hate?
Because they don't get.
>If they don't get it, doesn't that mean they won't be triggered by it and they'll just take it as a genuine agreement with their stance?
But the joke he is making is not agreeing with them.

You think it is just a japan nuke joke?

I want to inflame anti-Muslim sentiment too, so I guess me and ISIS are on the same page.

>You think it is just a japan nuke joke?
It's not a Japan nuke joke at all.
What the hell is going on in your clouded mind? The other guy was right, you're brain has been fried.

So you're saying that if they did ge the joke, they would know he is not agreeing with them and be triggered??

that's why the Cathars are the real winners of history

oh wait no they were genocided and now nobody has ever heard of them

But the joke is agreeing with them.
Who do YOU think he is mocking?

*your, my bad

He's right you know.

ISIS wants notoriety to attract sociopathic/fanatical followers and make it easier to intimidate people

Well I'm not part of the alt-right or a "trumpcuck" but it seems to me he's mocking the silly reaction people have after terrorist attacks of "not all muslims".

>a good deal of Europeans living north of the Danube would be getting on their knees every day for Allah.
And what's wrong with that?

Okay we are on the same page here.

So if Trumpcucks understood that they would agree with his point right?
So I am saying they (trumpcucks) will not understand it and get triggered
>even though he is mocking the people(SJWs) they(alt-right/trumpcucks) hate.

So where did I lose you? Which part do you not understand?
That was my point from the beginning.

>Implying I don't have a bunch of Thalia, Heretic Cathar cards in my mono white Magic deck

Sad!

Take a break from this site.

>Can't wait for the retarded trumpcucks getting triggered over this even though he is mocking the people they hate.

Just the fact that we both are on the same page about this but the way you say it implies for some reason Trump supporters won't understand this? But for what reason wouldn't they?

this thread reminds me why i stopped browsing /his/

Because they are retarded? Have you not been on this site for long?

Fuck it. Just forget it for now but if you see this tweet again either in a Norm thread or just a thread about this you will see people being triggered over it.
And then you will think back and know I was right.

Yeah just like that jesus christ guy and all his followers we killed off. Who even practices christianity in any form these days?

Anyway, there's literally billions of muslims, you can't kill them all, so I'm assuming you're talking about specific subsets of them that either are committing terrorist acts or could be persuaded to commit terrorist attacks. And I'm saying you can't just play a whack-a-mole game of killing the taliban, then killing al-qaeda members, then killing AQAP members, then killing IS members, then killing whoever comes after IS because they're not going to eventually run out of new ways to clothe islamic extremism. Literally if you kill IS, they do win. Nobody has ever shown me a compelling argument that bombing IS until we're fairly confident none of them are left alive is going to stop radical islamic terrorism in western countries. That's simply not how assymetric warfare works, that's never been how it's worked.

Isis is the school bully who smirks and says "heh, not bad" when you finally stand up to him and throw a punch.

Uh alright, well I'm a Trump supporter and I understood it right away.