Is any of Angels of Light’s discography worth checking out?

Is any of Angels of Light’s discography worth checking out?

Yes

No

Is better than Swans

Is worse than Swans

maybe

CAN YOU REPEAT THE QUESTION

That album is good

I've listened to How I Loved You, We Are Him, and New Mother. They're alright, New Mother was my favourite, but Swans are way better
People often compare MFWGMUARTTS to We Are Him, but We Are Him is way worse

>MFWGMUARTTS
I think this album is incredibly underrated. Sure it isn't on the level of Soundtracks for the blind or The Seer but it has some solid cuts it's a pretty good first comeback album

I agree, it's like a perfect bridge between Angels of Light and Swans

I like Drainland and AOT self titled album more, there was still a darker atmosphere to them while he started to make more hopeful music. I need to start digging up rare gira stuff like his home recordings and whatnot

AOL*

>I think this album is incredibly underrated

Listen to the Glowing Man, it sounds like My Father and TBK

Drainland and Jarboe's 'Sacrificial Cake' came out on the same day. It was a good day.

we did it reddit!

It's ok but not even close to Swans. We Are Him is my favorite AOL album

>he started to make more hopeful music
>proceeds to make Soundtracks for the Blind, the most apocalyptic Swans album, with soul-crushing cuts like Helpless Child

Don't forget The Body Lovers/The Body Haters
Pretty sure he meant post AOL S/T anyway

D I G I T S

it is weird, 'cause you, and he, mention AoL s/t... but they don't have s/t.. in which case I think you guys meant their debut album, New Mother..

also, he mentioned starting the hopeful thing with Drainland, which was released in 1995, same year as TGA, and one year before SftB, and a couple years before BodyLover/BodyHaters..

so yeah, i can see why he said Michael Gira went on to make more "happy" music, but that only applies to Angels of Light, and that is even after a year like 1999