I feel lost, seeing people's reactions to this movie. Don't get me wrong, I liked it...

I feel lost, seeing people's reactions to this movie. Don't get me wrong, I liked it. I thought it was a pretty decent movie.

But seeing the endless swarms of people going "DARTH VADER IS SO EPIC HE'S THE BEST PART OF THE MOVIE" makes me feel so alone.
Am I the only one who thinks Darth Vader only made the movie worse with his inclusion?
Am I the only person who doesn't jerk off to Darth Vader every fucking time I see him?

the movie was so boring that darth vader going ham was the only exciting part, and I can only assume that was part of the reshoots

>Darth Vader
>exciting

How is he even exciting anymore? We know literally everything we could conceivably know about him.
There's nothing left. There was nothing for him to fucking do in the movie. There was no reason for him to be there other than for marketing.

I thought Vader was great yet overrated, BUT I see why people loved it. Our last seeing of Vader was the faggy version in the prequels, it left a bad taste in everyone's mouth. Seeing Vader be threatening again with modern special effects made people real happy I guess

The thing I find strange is that Vader in this movie (and Episode III for that matter) clearly seems to be the guy in charge.

Then in Episode IV he's just Tarkins little bitch.

>Vader
>threatening
>while making shitty puns

True, but that ending scene was kinda cool just cause it showed Vader actually fighting a bunch of people he would fight in a way that's similar to the way he fights in the originals. It's not a very redeeming point but I thought it was neat to see his skills actually applied to a combat situation that wasn't a 1v1 jedi match and still able to make him plausibly cool looking. But you're totally right, he didn't have to be here and people give way too much of a shit about him

>with modern special effects
and yet when Krennic visited him, his costume looked like a bad cosplay, badly fitted.

Yes you are!

You literally did not see the movie.
You're regurgitating opinions.

It showcased his power really well without overdoing it like the comics did.

He choked Krenik or however you spell it and said "don't choke on your ambitions." It was shitty. It was stupid. It broke character and took me out of the movie. If you're giving Vader five total minutes of screen time, don't make part of it shit. It's that simple.

I think it's telling people think Vader was the best part.

a.) They care more about movie memes than movie quality
b.) Everything else was crappy

That was shit.

I liked the first scene he was in because it was just him being intimidating through his words and sheer presence. He even choked a dude and made a glib joke about it. Classic.

The scene at the end was mixed. On the one hand, I was hoping for a Vader horror scene and it was kind of frightening how they close the door on him but he cuts it open and just keeps coming like Michael Myers.

On the other hand, seeing the dark room lit red by his saber takes me back to the prequels. Same with all the quick choreographed moves. I know it was there to appeal to the morons who love that crap from Revenge of the Sith.

And I was looking forward to the first Star Wars movie with no lightsabers but I guess they couldn't help themselves.

Still, not enough to ruin the movie for me though.

Watch the originals, it always kind of looked like that.

>while making shitty puns
>says a pun that's totally within the confines of the context

wew lad

I was WAITING for DISNEY to make a QUIP and they DID IT. GRrr. There can be NO QUIPS in STAR WARS!

>Apology accepted, Captain Needa.
>We would be honored if you would join us [for dinner].
>Do you feel you are being treated unfairly?
>The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am.

Vader quips all the time, especially when choking bitches, he just doesn't do puns.

Not once have we ever seen Vader as an all out, unstoppable force that could destroy hundreds if needed. This was the first chance we've ever had for it on the big screen.

I cringed exceedingly hard when I heard that line. The way the movies was going it almost made me walk out.

>care more about memes than movie quality

That's been the general movie going publics biggest issue, and why all this fanboy shit is making $ while original films are dying.

never watched the OT more than once.

the line was very in character.

we got to see his castle and his butler and we got to see him naked without arms. That was pretty new and cool

I thought his scene at the very end was perfect use of him, him quipping at the camera in the middle felt horribly out of place