Well written

>well written
>good production
>catchy songs

oh, but fuck this guy because he has a beard and doesn't love trump. and he has smart lyrics which means he's pretentious.

fuck you Sup Forums and rym

>being this insecure

why am i not allowed to not like this

i have a beard
i don't like trump

it's just a boring album

Same here. FJM is my favorite artist without a doubt. And frankly agree with him politically (to an extent I guess).

The first half of the album was pretty good. Total Entertainment was fun and good length, even the Memo was pretty good.

But Two Wildly Different Perspectives, Leaving LA, Growing Old, all of the long ass songs put me to sleep.

ILYHB had songs from all over the spectrum, and FF was mad fun. I'll admit that the cover and lyrics of PC were top notch, and overall I don't hate the album, but the cynicism was too much. I miss passionate loving Misty.

taylor swift

>smart lyrics

>smart lyrics
even if this was true, and it's not, they're still pretentious and artless

The pretentiousness is entertaining as hell though. The cynicism less so.

I don't like this album but holy shit people, stop calling the lyrics pretentious.

Lyrics can't be pretentious. That doesn't fucking mean anything.

pick a lyric and please explain what makes it pretentious and "artless"

>Hey, Anthony said it was good! I better make a thread on Sup Forums defending it!

>Lyrics can't be pretentious.
Clearly you have never listened to a single punk album from the late '70s.

Lmao

One of you fuckers honestly try to defend this

what's wrong with this

doesn't rhyme fire with higher

unforgivable

>>well written
If you like preachy, hamfisted lyrics that are really just topical and obvious.
>good production
Actually no qualms with the production.
>catchy songs
I can see it, but they aren't for me.

you could've told me that unkle adams wrote this and I'd believe you

It depends if you like that sort of hokey shit which prides itself on boring intellectualism and wears its intentions on its sleeve.

You can't: it sounds like something an edgy kid in high school that gets dragged to sunday school by his parents would write.

FJM's lyricism doesn't wear its intentions on its sleeve though. It's more dishonest than that. He coats himself in 3 layers of irony and tries scrubbing the true intention of his poetry out with humour that feels perpetually soulless.

no, fuck him because his managed to curled like spoiled yogurt over the course of just 3 studio albums into rhyming 'taylor swift' and 'oculus rift'

this album's gonna age as well as namechecking a fucking minidisc; release an instrumental version for all our sakes and cut that fucking 13-minute sack of dogshit down about 75%

This album was literal garbage, go suck Anthony Fantano off some more faggot

I like the album but this verse is unforgivable

the whole is just as bad as this, you could pick literally any verse at random and it would suck just as hard

So says the dying man once I'm in the box
Just think of all the overrated hacks running amok
And all of the pretentious, ignorant voices that will go unchecked
The homophobes, hipsters, and one percent
The false feminists he'd managed to detect
Oh, who will critique them once he's left?

HAHAHAHAHA fuck you john

It's like the Garth Ennis of music. Shameful.

>On July 22, 2016, Tillman gained media attention after walking off stage atXPoNential Music FestivalinCamden, New Jersey, after twenty minutes into his planned fifty-minute performance. Instead of performing his setlist, Tillman walked out and asked, "What the fuck is going on?" He then talked for six minutes about the "numbing" role entertainment plays in our lives and how "stupidity just fucking runs the world because entertainment is stupid." When the audience applauded him he asked them not to and responded by saying, "Maybe just take a moment to be really fucking profoundly sad."He finally played a thirteen-minute piece from his recent albumPure Comedy called "Leaving LA" which references the frustrations he spoke of during his speech. Tillman then coveredLeonard Cohen's "Bird on the Wire" before telling the crowd he loved them and walked off the stage, cutting his performance short.The following day, Tillman explained his performance in an Instagram post, in which he calledDonald Trump'sspeech at the 2016 Republican National Conventiona "demonic clown pageant coronation of our next potential Idiot King", which took place the night before Tillman's performance.
how pretentious can you be

Yeah I've been convinced he's a faggot.

since when the fuck has either Sup Forums or rym loved trump

He doesn't try. This is a bullshit record, he is just talking in a song voice and strumming on a fucking guitar. He has gotten so bad.
Honestly hack territory.

honestly if that's the worst lyricism the album has to offer, then it's probably a pretty decent album lyric-wise. disclaimer: have not listened to this album.

I thought the album was pretty boring and a little preachy at times. Otherwise, solid record. 8/10

We dont love him, we just don't like this record.

It's hard to listen to preachy, fedora tipping, atheist talk about how bad religion is on one hand, than in the same song, judge others for being "Godless." Typical holier than thou bullshit. I try not to let politics muddy a piece of work. But the are just some projects that are made in mind, simply to hamfist a political message down its viewers throat. Rather than subtly making the listener absorb and interpret their own meaning out of it. You know. Like a musician would do?