Want a brain like that? Don't wait, it's easy! Just play football!

Want a brain like that? Don't wait, it's easy! Just play football!
nytimes.com/interactive/2017/07/25/sports/football/nfl-cte.html?_r=0

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidence_interval
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They already have brains like that

>implying football players have brains to begin with

Remove helmets from the game and the problem is solved.

>99% of brains from players with symptoms of CTE have CTE
wow, ya dont say

this doesnt mean anything until you look at the brains of every ex-player and the general population

Kind of sad this generation is going to be so soft.

Headbutting the ball in regular football also causes this though (as well as ALS, supposedly)

My grandma has dementia, was she secretly a football player?

this looks like a good steak or a grilled mushroom. i wonder how it would taste.

Dementia is linked with choking instead, which probably involved german soldiers and rape in this case

Is the agressive jock who bullies nerds and is not too bright actually a thing? Or just a movie/show meme?

brain with egg's

We need to stop the liberals and their smear campaign against American Football. They oppose masculinity, so they invented a fake disease (CTE) to get this great sport banned. Liberals are trying to pussify this country.

t.Hannibal Lecter

>nfl dies because to cte
>mlb dies because it's too boring
>nhl dies because of global warming
>nba dies because blacks go back to africa
>mls dies because of wall to mexico
that leaves golf

t. jamal "the kang" tyronicus

>the degenerative disease linked to repeated blows to the head
so its basically brain of a muslim?.

>golf dies due to lack of water/water shortages for watering the grass

I am a lefty and I am pro football, retard libs need to see it the same way they see drugs, it's a personal choice and you accept the consequences, no one is being forced to play football.

Rekt

>nascar dies due to lack of fossil fuels
e-sports it is

>amerifats get cte despite padded helmets
lmao you genetic dead ends.

Lacrosse

this

I could live with that world 2bh

H-holy shit.

smartest poster in this thread. without helmets, defenders would be forced to learn proper tackling technique so as to not injure themselves, and the concussion issue would be severely lessened.

if you've ever been to high school this is tremendously unsurprising.

>rekt by el PeruANO
have you necked yourself yet?

This. No one ever thought playing football at any level was safe in the first place.

NYT article explains that the headline is a little sensationalized but that the findings are still significant.

>The set of players posthumously tested by Dr. McKee is far from a random sample of N.F.L. retirees. “There’s a tremendous selection bias,” she has cautioned, noting that many families have donated brains specifically because the former player showed symptoms of C.T.E.

>But 110 positives remain significant scientific evidence of an N.F.L. player’s risk of developing C.T.E., which can be diagnosed only after death. About 1,300 former players have died since the B.U. group began examining brains. So even if every one of the other 1,200 players would have tested negative — which even the heartiest skeptics would agree could not possibly be the case — the minimum C.T.E. prevalence would be close to 9 percent, vastly higher than in the general population.

130 years later when Tom Brady decides to play football in heaven, scans will find his brain got stronger every year

Based Peru.

holy shit is this person actually retarded, I get it, you're making a joke but still, hes the most treasured quarterback by the nfl, hes in a position on a team that is almost going to guarantee he doesn't get touched by the opposing team every single game

they actually aren't significant
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confidence_interval

Also, not to mention the study was made to evaluate the structural changes in patients with symptoms.

Any correlation or cause has been implied by the media. There are no incidence numbers or even prevalence numbers in any study, not for football players or even general population.

In this case, there isn't even a control group.