Woah

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fRnbUm48R7c
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nice bait bro

I just like to watch those discussions while feeling superior to both sides : - )

you have 5 minutes to prove no one can disprove god exists

>went to church with my mom a few months back just to make her feel good and not go alone
>it was actually really great and the sermon was incredible
>cuties were there, people went up and introduced themselves, they asked me how I enjoyed it (which I did).
>was one of the most friendly comfy times I've had

I'm not a believer but holy fuck it was honestly a really good time and I'd go more if I didn't have such a shitty work schedule.

really activated my almonds

I just like to watch those discussions while feeling superior to both sides : - )

that's how Christians get you. they kill you with kindness. I would go with my mother as a social experience, but I think I feel like a liar when I'm there. because I don't believe in it at all, and they actually do

burden of proof is on the retards that claim there's an invisible omnipotent all powerful god tho

extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence

Are they chocolate almonds?

As long as nobody can disprove that god exists, i can still have faith in him, stay mad fedora

But isn't the proof that he doesn't exist is that there is literally no proof that he does exist?

The proof that He exists is that there is literally no proof that He doesn't exist.

How can you prove that ANYTHING exists outside your own consciousness? How do you KNOW that your sensory experience correlates to real objects? How do you KNOW that life is anything more than an illusion?

The fact that I can reach out and type words on my keyboard and actually feel it with my hands and see it with my eyes helps a lot with that.

well i have no evidence that op isnt a faggot so he has to be

No it doesn't. How to you know that's not just all simulated feeling and you're not a brain in a jar? Or just like a very lucid dream? Oh wait, you don't.

if god exists and he can do anything, couldn't he disprove that he exists? checkmate

He knows because God told him, silly.

Sure, whatever. We're all in the Matrix, user.

But I'm an Atheist... or is that part of the simulation?

Nobody says you can't have faith in your imaginary friend. Just don't try to enforce laws that support what your imaginary friend tells you to do

Isn't Russel's teapot referring to this exact issue?
It's just the opposite argument and Russel has more credibility than a shifty flick

Like what laws?

By giving her the dick.

Seriously though, many philosophers have struggled with this problem over the centuries.

>all these people who hate God
youtube.com/watch?v=fRnbUm48R7c

allow my waifu to explain

>implying you're actually conscious and not just a simulation of consciousness inside my Sup Forums VR sim

Isn't that wonderfully convenient?

How is that relevant? We're not on /sci/.

Careful with those wild memes, scientismist. Wouldn't want to hurt yourself.

>american christians

kek

There's literally nothing that indicates what you're saying is even remotely true. But yeah you can't know. Kudos, user, you've really outsmarted all of us here.

This thread really made me think

get back to Sup Forums you goy retard

whos ya waifu?

How old were you when you realized that Solipsism is is the final redpill?

why should i answer your question when you don't even exist lm@o just go away u meat puppet

>he belives he exists

solipsism is a dead end just like pure nihilism, get back to philosophy after you left high school

being a dead end doesn't make it untrue. just because you want philosophy to be deep and interesting doesn't mean you should make it so by force

There's a medieval philosopher that argued God must exist simply because we think he may exist, as in we humans always imagine things that are in the realm of possibility and thus the concept of God must come from an unseen reality otherwise we wouldn't even be able to think of him/it. It's pretty Platonic

But i completely forgot his name

Anselm? maybe

But can you disprove that no one can prove the existence of god?

You try to enforce laws based on your imaginary moral code though. Why is it anymore right than a god's moral code?

Right, Anselmo d'Aosta! Thanks

Wow, really gets your noggin goin'

alice morgan from luthor

>we humans always imagine things that are in the realm of possibility
What if I imagine myself as a biological female?

Because they're made by people who exist.

wow it really got my neutrons accelerating

>people who exist
Citation needed

The point is you can imagine a female in the first place, and to put it simply when you learned what a female was as a baby you merely "unlocked" such knowledge that was already within your soul

There's the perfect idea of female and then there's all the actual females that basically emulate it

God is made by people who exist.

Really religion is just a way to push sound morals on people who are too stupid to come up with ones themselves, ie the great masses of plebs. Every civilization has had religion for a reason.

hold it right there plato, aristotle would like to have a word with you

Prove i can't

I want to corrupt Josh with a nice tender dicking

>As long as nobody can disprove that god exists, i can still have faith in him

>being proud of being a brainless christcuck

kekaroo

How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

>fedora atheists ITT

just kys senpaitachi

Need a safe space, bro?

>yfw an empirist is near you

>nose job
DROPPED

I always thought "prove me wrong/you can't disprove my claim" was a fallacy of some sort.

If God exists, this post will never have existed on the server.

Where is the biological proof that souls exist?

>STEM faggots

Not a metaphysicfag, but...
Where's the biological proof that consciousness exists?
Thought so.

Genuine question here (to whom it applies), why do you believe in god? The whole concept of faith is that you believe without evidence - so what was it that caused you to accept this thing which cannot be verified to be fact?

Consciousness is in the brain
it's possible to dismember every part of the body and still have consciousness

ur body become 0.2 gram lighter after u died that means ur soul flied out of ur body and weighed 0.2 gram

checkmate

it means you lost physical matter

You didn't answer my question, though. Try to prove consciousness exists beyond me.
Protip: you cannot

I am not able to prove anything for you, because you are not able to prove that I exist

Atheist church when?

This is the Argument From Ignorance (aka the Appeal To Ignorance) logical fallacy. It's an attempt by the intellectually lazy to shift the burden of proof onto the opponent in order to make them do all the mental legwork.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

>you cannot know nuthin

Fuck off, pengwings.

Okay then, murdering and stealing should be legal, are you proud you edgy fedora-wearing atheist?

Atheists aren't friendly enough to create the same experience.

Thats the entire point being made you retard

Going to church can be a nice expirience, I like the sense of community and listening to a good sermon and choir.

But that doesn't mean the religion is real though. Idk, most athiest/secular churches I've looked into look kinda cringey, maybe there's a good one out there somewhere. I like the idea of belonging to a congregation that meets every week and helps each other out when a person or family is in need.

t. Athiest that sometimes goes to church

>doesnt grade 5 math

fucking ameritards
no wonder russia pwns yer shit

Lol

It's called humanism brah

He's right in the sense that god requires faith, not evidence, and you can't disprove faith because faith isn't tied to the facts.
I don't think he thought it that far though, he's probably just another Catholicuck.

My mom used to go to an evangelist church but quit one day when the sermon guy went on a rant about how a lady doing tarot card readings was evil.

So I'm only speaking from the experience of someone who's taken Philosophy 101 classes at college, but from the readings we were given on that concept, we basically came to the conclusion that there isn't really any way to prove of disprove that kind of outside reality, but assuming there isn't one is just a shitty way to live, so there's no point in going about your daily existence with that kind of mindset.

Humans can't only imagine things that are possible, they can only imagine things from a human-centered frame of mind.

Anthropocentric paradigms are the greatest obstacle in gaining true, meaningful knowledge about the world around us.

>Philosophy teacher
>Banning belief in God
>When he was literally the son of Zeus
It's almost like it's a shit movie or something

Exactly: you have no proof the world truly exists, but it still has an effect on you so might as well act as if it does until you get more evidence.
Occam's razor in action really.

Solipsism is about as logically consistent as Deism: it doesn't matter either way and since it's unfalsifiable it's a cognitive dead end to think about it.

Because a moral code is necessary
Your imaginary friend is not
Also, moral is inherent of human condition

>moral is inherent of human condition
It really isn't, it's a social construct brought about by a stable upbringing with parents to enforce and educate on morality. There is no uniform moral code

Sadly this.

t. Agnostic

Utilitarian moral codes are only based on the kind of effect you want to produce by restricting behavior. Like minimizing suffering or maximizing survival of your own genes.

They are not "made up" in the same sense as religions are.

Moral codes and religions are both social tools of humanity, it's just that the former are appealing to your logic while the latter are to your emotions.

Not him, but the issue with solipsism isn't that it's unfalsifiable: it's that it's nonsensical in its essence.

You're correct with Deism, insofar that no objective remarks are made.

No gays, women are less than men, can't eat meat on fridays, can eat pork, can't work on sunday, can't cuss, 10 commandments, etc. YOU can follow such things if you believe, just don't force your shit onto unwilling people. We have a separation of church and state for a reason as well, imagine we had to enforce religious persecution or mix many conflicting religions.

I bet you don't even go to church or read the bible, yet you're ironically religious. You're on Sup Forums so this breaks like 4 commandments already.

>Utilitarian
Meme philosophy

I'm legit jealous of people that believe in God, must be a nice feeling to know someone will always love you and you will go somewhere better when you die.

I tried, but I just can't delude myself into believing there is a higher power out there. I wish I could.