It just *jump cut* Feels *jump cut* Like the worst episodes *jump cut* of Top Gear

It just *jump cut* Feels *jump cut* Like the worst episodes *jump cut* of Top Gear

We get about 2 minutes of the trio interacting per episode and the rest are quips

I gave it 5 episodes and it hasn't gotten better or worse. It's just boring and uninteresting.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/dec/09/the-grand-tour-everything-that-was-wrong-with-clarkson-era-top-gear
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Top Gear was godly because it was informative and funny. Now it's just three old guys circle jerking eachother, may as well call it Lemonparty

fucking this

Yeah, it's idling along with the worst non-nu TG eps. Nobody cares about those fancy helicopter shots, lads. Just old men sitting in cars gushing about whatever pricey crap they're driving and being obnoxious over the comm. I'd care more if it were an actual travel show in Morocco and not just "ooh a 50 year old man thinks he's found a new civilization"-type gags.

It's Top Gear for Retards

It was already for retards, by retards, but it's even more retarded, and now it's not even entertaining to retards

It's a "James acts like a fucking retard" episode.

He's so fucking out of character its driving me crazy. It's so god damn scripted. Ten times worse than Top Gear ever was. Nothing seems real, they can't even say hi to eachother without it feeling fake. There is zero chemistry

do you feel it too? It feels like its been in the oven for too long. alas, what could have been...

It's their own fault for not just making four 90 minute specials per year and a few holiday shows.

More of the same scripted bs is a big mistake.

Classic case of George Lucas syndrome. They were great when they had the bureaucracy of the BBC to give structure to what they were doing, but have no idea how to handle a project on their own with unlimited funds.

How hard will amazon drop this money black hole?

>it was informative
No.

No it wasn't. Top Gear was utter trash for actual information about cars.

>Only, four episodes in, it doesn’t feel like an exciting new start. It feels stale. Forced. Baggy. Tired. And this is because, as well as transplanting the presenting team (plus executive producer Andy Wilman) across from Top Gear, it has also carried across the baggage that made latter-day Top Gear fall flat. Worse, with the pool of cash Amazon provides, it’s cranked up these irksome indulgences to the point where bolts are popping out. The kernel of what made Top Gear a phenomenon – three men bickering, driving around and being rubbish – is almost entirely absent.

>One of the most acute mistakes Clarkson’s iteration of Top Gear increasingly made was its blurring of the line between presenter and actor. May, Hammond and Clarkson are good presenters; they were never good actors. And it was the show requiring them to act that resulted in its most tiresome segments. The second episode of The Grand Tour was just play-acting. It was a dreary, self-indulgent lesson in how it is possible to take a £4m-per-episode budget and produce nothing of value. The over-scripted tedium arose again in the third episode, when Clarkson and May acted “surprised” when Hammond turned up on their Grand Tour road trip in a US muscle car, then “acted” like a child in it. The fourth likewise, with May “accidentally” demolishing Hammond’s sustainable car. With the huge sums being spent on set-pieces, scripting is the only way to ensure the required shots make the cut. The downside of this is that all spontaneity is jettisoned.

I think i have to agree. Although the battleship skit was pretty funny it started comparing it to the car soccer thing they started at top gear and realized that it just don't play off the same way. It doesn't have the same 'real feel' to it anymore.

I also thought about last week with the eco cars and episode when the guys modified their cars to cross the channel. i see now that the new tg is just a bit over the top with everything.

I really hate the high priced super cars. Really boring to me. I only really liked the top gear where they did fun and funny shit with shitty cars.

>The wonky ratio of scripted v ad-libbed dialogue carries over into the studio-based segments. Is it funny to watch celebrities pretend to die every week? Or a self-driving car Jeremy “built” that the others are shocked to “discover” actually has an eastern European man driving it? No.

It’s frustrating, because this is such an easy show to get right. Three men, talking about cars, mocking one another, and going on adventures. That’s it. Stop scripting everything, and stop throwing money at pointless explosions. It’s tiresome.

>The Grand Tour is not beyond repair, as it does get a lot right: the multinational settings work, allowing for some pleasant location-related joshing. And the car reviews are as entertaining as ever. The show just needs to embark on more make-and-make-do projects, like the amphibious cars or the rocket, without scripting the whole thing or hurling Trumpian wads of cash at it. Just allow the three men to simply talk to each other and come a cropper. This, and only this, is why people tuned in.

>Will that happen? Of course it won’t. What will happen is we’ll end up watching the natural, slow death Top Gear would have had, only much more expensively: it’ll get worse, people will switch off, and it will end. Perhaps the BBC will have the last laugh after all.

Literally everyone feels this way yet they ignore it

Seriously. Who fucking cares about yet another BMW? Or god forbid another Aston Martin. The most generic, supercariest supercar of them all.

My brain goes "yeah yeah whatever" as soon as I see them. The best review so far was for the BMW M4, because it was shit.

Feels too gimmicky and obviously scripted in a way top gear didn't.

Do a special soon, please

>hurling Trumpian wads of cash at it

What? Trump ran his campaign on a shoestring. Shillary outspent him 2-1!

What fucking math retard wrote that?

I was ready to drop this show on the second episode when they were monkeying around in the Jordanian training ground, unfunny shit. And in the same episode James went to the wheel burning shit, that was a non-segment.

Haven't seen the new episode yet, but my hopes aren't that high for the rest of the show, but I have dropped everything else, so GT is the only show I'm currently watching, so I guess I'll just torture myself with it.

His Hotel maybe? Not sure though they could be talking about the election I guess

The latest episode actually felt like it was less of a scripted quip fest then the previous 4, battleships were good as was most of Morocco, in 'studio' stuff is stilll shit but the best by far.

5>1>>>2

It's a bit depressing.

>expect every episode to be like the specials
>they're just standard episodes of top gear which were always hit or miss

I blame myself

It's shit.

>the reassembler died for this

I haven't seen the latest Top Gear season but it can't be worse than this desu

what you niggers crying about? its like the only scenario where they could have continued doing what they love to do

yeah its scripted fucking so what? id have this over nothing and the "new" top gear which was unwatchable

I didn't mind TG being scripted but this is just bad show at this point.

The youtube videos they made before it came out were much better.

>cries more
kill yourself faggot nobody caers

The new Top Gear is a better car show.

I'm not sure what The Grand Tour is trying to be, it's not much of a car show.

It's a bad sitcom that lasts for a fucking hour.
Cry more about people crying more metashitposter, the most worthless poster.

They were, and their last season of TG was also better

I don't think you "script" this level of stupidity.

Now that they've gotten rid of Evans and had a season to iron out the mistakes I unironically think that the next season of Top Gear will be far better than this has been.

>watch rotterdam episode
>regional jokes start
every single foreign episode. fuck off

This.
When I heard they were travelling all over the world to do this show, I was hoping it would just be road trips across all these different countires in cheap cars along with challenges.

>Who fucking cares about yet another BMW

This jesus christ.
What a boring brand.

Every time he's reviewed one since the beginning of time it's "The best car they've ever made" blah blah blah

Episode made me want to visit Morroco

This is worse than nothing.

They should have just done a weekly podcast if this is what they were going to do. We don't even get to see the fucking vacation. We get to see 5-10 second quips and that's it. They could be fucking anywhere. We see nothing of the location and nothing of how they interact with it.

>go all the way to the netherlands only to set up camp so that they can go to morroco for the actual driving bits
It's like they got this whole 'grand tour' thing wrong when they've already got it right before. Is it the so-called BBC copyright lawyers? It feels like calling the show grand tour would be the ideal way to basically make it Top Gear Specials: The Series but they messed it up.

fews week ago they moved away from 'grand tour' idea and just said they appreciate the following and this is their way of saying thank you by doing the studio parts around the world

>Literally everyone feels this way
Yeah, it's pretty sad to see that even fucking /o/ was lamenting the over-emphasis on them instead of just keeping to shit cars like they used to.

>implying they don't get the money if they don't advertise whatever shit flavor of the month car they are given

think first my friends, the show is primarily advertisement

TG was already losing it's magic by the time Jezza got himself fired. You can't just make a watered down version of a dying series and expect it to be good.

This is probably the best article to come out of The Guardian in years

theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/dec/09/the-grand-tour-everything-that-was-wrong-with-clarkson-era-top-gear

Why not just do it all in one spot. It really feels like a waste to turn up just for the studio segment while not really showcasing the stuff they could do in that same spot.

>old Top Gear invites Slash so you get to hear his cover of the theme
>Grand Tour invites Golden Earring just for a shitty gag that's ran for 5 episodes too long

I wanna see more James May cooking adventures

Celebrity Braincrash is infinitely better in every way because it wastes 10 seconds of our time instead of 10 minutes.

just make a whole series about may puttering around his house & fiddling with different projects

see they are teaching still, i always thought the black and white cows were female and for milking and the males were bulls ..... why do they have such sharp dicks that look like carrots

not exactly, it still takes up time having Clarkson pitch a stupid idea for 5 minutes at least

I'd like to see more of May's solo work cuz Clarkson and Hammond don't do it for me

The Italy ep's been the best one so far.

That's remarkably accurate. Unfortunately.

It just doesn't serve any audience. If you don't care deeply about cars then its wasted time, but if you do it's not in-depth enough to reallly be engaging.

>James is treated like an old, senile man and doesn't do comfy and informative reviews anymore
Sad!

Glad this shit won't be renewed for a 2nd season.

Car shows are fucking overrated anyway.

They're already contracted for 4 seasons, and there's no way in hell Amazon would drop it after a single season after how much they paid for it.
They might scale back the budget or something, or take into consideration all the criticisms (of which most reviewers agree), but there's no way in hell there won't be a second season.

>there's no way in hell Amazon would drop it after a single season after how much they paid for it

Amazon execs are in panic mode because there's an 80/20 ratio of people downloading to actually buying the show.

>They might scale back the budget or something

This has been pitched already, much to the chagrin of the producers, but the execs feel that in the long run it would be better to cancel it ASAP.

>there's no way in hell there won't be a second season.

Better screencap this post then.

>but the execs feel that in the long run it would be better to cancel it ASAP.
yeah like you know what the execs feel lmfao.

the shows still shit but you speak like a fucking luantic

Don't shoot the messenger, pal. It doesn't make it less true, just because you don't like the information I'm sharing.

When it gets renewed for a second season, I'll post the screencap in every GT thread I see, and when you see it, I'd like you to admit that you're a retard please.
I recommend that you screencap this, and if it does get canceled, you can post that in every GT thread you see, until I see it. At which point I will admit I'm retarded, and that you are genuinely psychic and a brilliant person.

No problem.

Can't wait to taste the delicious tears.

There's going to be a new one, senpai.

I liked the last episode tbqh, felt like old Top Gear

>i am a humourless git

golfclap

Post proof, senpai. Amazon just went worldwide with Prime so it's pretty stupid to kill off The Grand Tour which they are grooming as their top seller.

Scaling back the budget would be a good thing. TG worked best as a low-budget clusterfuck

You all have to remember they have to change things, so many things are being held over barrel by the BBC, an interview with Andy Williams he said alot of things will be changing in season 2 because this series is them testing new things out

>hear Grand Tour is them traveling the word in different cars
>holy shit an entire series of comfy Top Gear adventures in exotic locations?
>it's not

you know what I mean?

It just feels like the conflict and disagreements between the three are way too forced. They get along too well and are best m8s but the script has them at each-other's throats all the time.

Underrated post tbqh.

Except the fans are eating it up this time around.

Is James May the only one who can actually do anything other than drive cars? I quite like his lowkey programs, Toy Stories was great too

Amazon needs to do more to pit them against one another.

I think for season 2 they should put an Amazon executive in as a character, and be really on the nose about how much of Amazon's money they're spending. From there, they should have to compete for budget, one of them getting luxury, one of them getting next to nothing, and one of them getting funds somewhere in the middle. There should be lighthearted reason for them to not play well with each other, there needs to be conflict. These guys can't just be producers together.

Top Gear has never been informative you moron. Especially the previous two epidodes were very much like old TG.

This guy gets it. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to have them do these shitty acting skits needs to be shot. The one where they were play marines or whatever was especially cringe.

they saved the best content for last

rating a season before its over is super smart guys

I haven't watched this week's episode yet because I'm at work all day but I think last week's episode was the most scripted of all and it really became frustrating. The show is flashy pretty but it could be much better. It needs more comfy.