Ed Sheeran - Shape of You

I don't understand why this song is so popular.
I just listened it for the first time and I don't plan to listen it again ever again.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BiV-Ciq6Q7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't understand why this song is so unpopular.
I just listened it for the first time and I don't plan to non stop listen it again and again.

i plan never to listen to it, so there

I don't understand why Ed Sheeran is popular at all.
ALL his music is generic with shitty predictable lyrics, maybe it's his connections to Royalty that got him where he is.

You can tell shit music when you're hearing it for the first time and can predict what the next lyric will be, many such cases.

Wow you must have really good taste! You're just too patrish to even comprehend why those pleb masses would want to consume that trite garbage..
I officially hand you over 2 "good music taste" points which you can proudly wear to mark your superiority in an attempt to salvage your broken ego since you deep down feel inferior to the average person in all other areas

wow you must be really perceptive

pop your willy out

well I didn't expect that was his song cuz of what he was singing about

not sure either but he does a good job at it live
youtube.com/watch?v=BiV-Ciq6Q7w

the immense success of this twat is such a mystery to me

it just amazes me that literally 90% of all Sup Forums posts are a thinly veiled attempt to gratify the posters ego and they seem to not have any semblance of self awareness what so ever, you know?
>inb4 you point out how this post is also a thinly veiled attempt to gratify my ego

I actually thought Castle on the Hill would be more popular when he released both of these songs. It's far closer to his style than Shape of You - maybe what held it back is that its lyrics are too personal. People just like the hook, I guess. Perfect is also a better song.

It's a catchy pop song by a guy who is both popular and said to be talented, of course mainstream audiences are gonna eat it.

shut up nerd. his music is bland and boring admit it.

Ed Sheeran produces vapid, formatted bullshit and each song is structurally a carbon copy of the last. I get that this is probably bait but fucking hell man listen to yourself

He is an excellent performer live however.

never got why ed sheeran was shat on so specifically by "counter culture"

he's one of a very small number of singer song writers at his level of popularity who still performs/writes all his own music, and now having some massive pr team behind every move. It just a hobbit looking dude on stage with an acoustic guitar.

I actually like this pretty much

his first album was full of music designed to make teen girls foofs tingle. his "sad, hurt cute nice boy that needs to be loved" appeal. he was the sensitive prince charming who would play a love song to them in their bedroom before taking their virginity in a romantic night of love....

then his next album was more of a "i just want a beautiful woman to be in a relationship with, and its defo you, the teen girl listening to this song i love you" and "oh also i can rap so its not gay to also like me teen boys, dont worry youre not gay"

then he went full club "yeah lets get drunk together and be all romantic on a couch, im so intimate but im cool i drink and i've done the drugs before so im DaMaGeD lol"

now his music is generic club stuff, its made to appeal to very drunk 18 year olds dancing in some generic big club. something to jump to whilst they do jagerbombs and bury their faces in each other.

in reality ed is just some lad who busked and has been milked by major record labels. he doesnt seem to mind. hes a millionaire and he uses the money to have a fucking great time

it's about loving women's bodies. what's not to get?

I find this song really grating, probably because of the vapid lyrics.

oh SNAP

Earnestly, I'm not a huge fan of him either way. I appreciate he's a singer-songwriter with his fame still writing his own stuff, that's cool. However, I had no clue until about a week ago that this was his song. I'd been hearing it for months in chunks of background noise and sort of wrote it off as some generic RnB for the club written by some one-off artist with "Big," "Little," "Daddy," or some other sort of thing like that in his name. Then on some year end list I found out it was Ed Sheeran, who apparently dropped his voice for once and used a synthesizer. Okay.

Seems like a waste of pasta on a reasonable point - Eh Sheeran is shit

No joke, it's probably my favourite Ed Sheeran song from what I've heard. It seems like one where he's not taking it seriously at all and is just being about as aggressively erotic as Ed Sheeran would realistically be allowed to be.

Perfect on the other hand is dog shit, worst song on the radio right now. Even worse than the Havana song. It is Ed Sheeran at his most melodramatic, repetitive and fangirl baiting.

It's because Ed Sheeran is actually god and our entire reality is a dream inside the mind of a shlubby looking amateur guitarist and our world is going to end when his alarm goes off and he has to get back to making sandwiches at Subway.

Why am I laughing so hard at this

I think the fact he is a singer-songwriter is a point against him, since when does that prevent Sup Forums from flinging shit at tons of other people? Most of his songs remind me of the most superficial singer-songwriter and pretty boy TV star wank of the 1970s but more puerile, more Brit indeh and with more elements of skimmed off of y2k teen pop/Timberland RnB

Shape fo You is almost genius in how relatable the lyrics are for normies though. Candid enough about everyday situations, not sexual enough to be 'omg. cringe'. He knows how to hit that sweet spot for maximum $$$

"i don't like it so surely everyone else must dislike it as well"